ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    42 points to be safe this season, even if it's only 40 it'll be the first time it's been that high in bloody ages
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The really bizarre thing this year is that loads of the lower half teams have players that can win that team games. You look at Pukki, Ings, Grealish and it’s rare to find match winners in so many Lower half clubs it’s a pretty interesting season.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    42 points to be safe this season, even if it's only 40 it'll be the first time it's been that high in bloody ages

Based on points per game, it’s 37-38 to be safe.
  • Newcastle, you were supposed to lose so my free bet would transfer money to the exchange.

Hate it when that happens!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    Based on points per game, it’s 37-38 to be safe.

Hmm, numbers time, so technically the maximum points you could be relegated with are 46 (feel free to correct my maths, I often miss stuff in first thoughts), the mythical 40 point barrier is guff, I don;t think it's been that high in years, I just feel with only one team sweeping all before them and the other "big" teams slipping over more regularly than in years past, that the points accrued by teams near the bottom will be higher than in many of the previous years. Maybe my 42 (or even 40) is high, but I don't think (actually I haven't checked yet so kudos if so) that 37 is guaranteed safe yet this season
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I havent done the maths but is not because of teams playing each other?
    So the max number of points left on the table cant be claimed by every team.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's why partway through the season like now it's harder to work out, I should be able to write an algorithm for it really
  • The idea of 40 points is that if you reach it you should be safe. Only 3 teams have been relegated with that total. If we lower it to 37, that adds another 4. Aiming for that 1 extra win helps your chances immensely.

If we assume Villa get a point a game for the rest of the season, which they are currently just below, they would end on 37. If the teams above them match that, Villa still go down.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What is the lowest points total anyone has had and managed to stay up?
  • This was the bottom of the table on 15 Jan 2018:

15. Newcastle United: 23
    16. Brighton & Hove Albion: 23
    17. Southampton: 21
    18. Stoke City: 20
    19. West Bromwich Albion: 19
    20. Swansea City: 17

This was the bottom of the table on 19 Jan 2019:

15. Southampton: 22
    16. Burnley: 22
    17. Newcastle United: 21
    18. Cardiff City: 19
    19. Fulham: 14
    20. Huddersfield Town: 11

Table today:

15. Burnley: 24
    16. West Ham: 23
    17. Watford: 23
    18. Aston Villa: 22
    19. Bournemouth: 20
    20. Norwich: 17

The previous 2 seasons, the team in 17th (ie ‘safe’) has averaged just under a point per game. This season the team in 18th has taken that role, and 17th is exactly a point per game (West Ham and Burnley have played 22 not 23).

It’s not a fundamentally different table to previous years, where 35 points would’ve seen a team safe for the last 3 seasons.

I don’t see this season being any different, so reckon 37 is tight but safe.
  • From ecstasy to agony.

That reverse shot where the corner flag just cartwheels straight into his bollocks made me howl.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Great wasn't it? Matt Ritchie is as mad as a shithouse rat.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I miss him, said for about a year now we never replaced him properly, not in terms of off-field stuff, even forgetting what a phonomenally talented footballer he is. Should easily have won player of the season the season we got promoted they gave it Patrick Bamford instead, ridiculous decision. Completely understand him wanting to see what a real crowd looks like in an actual football city, and no bitterness about him going, just that he was inadequately replaced. Gald to know that he's loved up there as much as he was down here
  • I hate football a lot.
  • Loving Roy Keane’s pessimism there.

“I saw the line up, those silly hats they’re warming up in...”
  • No rashford and 2 x leftbacks in starting XI. Liverpool might as well put out their reserves. They'll still win easily
  • All the ‘experts’ are talking about Liverpool winning, the stars all point to Liverpool winning.

I’m too old to take anything for granted, and football is rarely so straightforward.

Besides, Utd are the type of spiteful team to stop Liverpool’s unbeaten run ;)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Unusual choice of trouser from Patrice Evra.

Keane probably took one look at them and shook his head in disgust.
  • Cheating Manc scum. Never a foul.
  • Foul my ass.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • VAR just broke, it gave a decision against Liverpool.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm tempted to Blocks, very tempted
  • He dropped it, the clumsy inbred.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!