Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • JonB wrote:
    It's too much for Sheff Utd. They'd have to win half their remaining games, or near enough plus quite a few draws. Not going to happen.
    Well, they've got Fulham, Wolves, Brighton, Palace, Newcastle and Burnley left to play, those last two being the last two games of the season. I'm not saying it will happen, just that they're the most likely to pull it out for me, despite being furthest back.
    It's only going to change if one of the teams above the bottom 3 has a total collapse.
  • Mouras gonna get hooked at half time.

What a block by sanchez!!
  • Whats going on with liverpool? How was the gsme crayon? Leicester deserve the win?
  • Liverpool played like they did against Burnley and Brighton - they dominated a lot in the final third so people will say they were playing really well - but really it was the same boring shit that wouldn’t score a goal. They did have a magical moment and did score though and should have won. But for the most part I think we were comfortable with their attacks. (Note we were also missing probably 3 of our best defenders and had to play one on the wrong side and he’s only been back a few weeks after an ACL injury)

but then they kept giving away kicks on the edge of the box (one was nearly a penalty) and we scored from it. Once we threw off the shackles from being a goal down I think we bossed the game and Liverpool struggled with any sort of solidity (much like the Burnley and Brighton games - the attack is providing a lot of cover for the defence but this attack is not that good when it isn’t relying on acres of space and quick play into space).

I think we were as deserving of the victory as Burnley and Brighton were for theirs - on paper it looks like Liverpool bossed it but I think it’s telling that a really successful game plan v Liverpool at the moment is to let them run out of their own steam through lots of fruitless attacks and then pick them off in the last 25mins.
  • Thanks for the detailed write up. Its gonna be tight from 2nd - 4th till end of season. Title is done and dusted.

I do wonder if Klopp needs to breakup the trio upfront and freshen things up. Something that was a strength of fergie's, knowing when to move players on.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Right so the Scottish stuff is finished, and pretty much the PL is too, I need all you buggers to get behind my Cherries for the best (most competitive) division in Europe. Don;t want to need the playffs
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Thanks for the detailed write up. Its gonna be tight from 2nd - 4th till end of season. Title is done and dusted.

I do wonder if Klopp needs to breakup the trio upfront and freshen things up. Something that was a strength of fergie's, knowing when to move players on.

He did, he signed Jota.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Right so the Scottish stuff is finished

It ain't over til it's over. Four wins to go.

29 played in the league, zero losses, 69 scored, just 8 conceded. That's Saachi at Milan levels. We are fucking brilliant, and boy, what a thriker from Ryan Fucking Jack

FgPX4vy.gif

MAKE WAY FOR THE CHAMPIONS ELECT.
  • Keeper shoulda got that. Arms like a Pickford.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Lovely strike, setting up your own volley is always mega bonus combo points
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Ryan Jack is Gerrard's pet. Came on leaps and bounds since he came in.

Looks like he too is ON THE PLANE! (lovely assist from lovely Armstrong and his lovely hair for soton)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Another strong start
  • I got on late, commentators making it sound like a Lindelof special?
  • So I've not found a video of the goal, but I've found this picture and wft?

EuMVLu9XIAcNvW6?format=jpg&name=large
  • Christ, Bruno is some player.
  • Maguire continually bombing forward is amusing me more than it should.
  • Telling one of the worlds best fk takers, 20yds out, "nah bruv back post send it" is annoying me way more than it should.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Maguire continually bombing forward is amusing me more than it should.

Honestly, at this point lets just play him as a forward. Takes him out of defence.
  • West Brom really should have got a goal in that last 15mins.
  • Their goal was a foul, don't know what the fuck VAR is there for. Still, Diagne should have had a hattrick tbf. We were awful.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Arsenal vs Leeds is a cracking game.
  • Eric wrote:
    Their goal was a foul, don't know what the fuck VAR is there for. Still, Diagne should have had a hattrick tbf. We were awful.

Agree. 80% possession or whatever it was but outside of the goals they had the two best chances of the match, one of their crosses towards the end was delicious.
  • Rumours doing the rounds that Klopp is leaving/has left Liverpool, with an announcement tomorrow.

This is the internet though, so who knows.
  • Let's do the speculative replacement game anyway.

I reckon Liverpool would shit the bed and clamp up into default state of harking back to the glory years. 

My list in order of liklihood...

1. Bruce Grobbelaar
  • Did not know the stuff about Klopps mother passing and now I feel bad.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Maguire continually bombing forward is amusing me more than it should.
    Honestly, at this point lets just play him as a forward. Takes him out of defence.
    Not a left back??
  • Rumours doing the rounds that Klopp is leaving/has left Liverpool, with an announcement tomorrow.

This is the internet though, so who knows.

Not buying that at all. Social media bollocks.
  • I read a tweet yesterday that I can’t shake.

Is the Bundesliga a joke league because the top team just looks down and can hoover any player it fancies from every team below? Oh the top player from Liepzig? Now at Bayern, the top Dortmund player? Now at bayern. It’s such a consistent machine going back to Ballack, Lewandowski and now upamecano.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!