Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Hope she's on the mend Chump. Sounds like a rough day.
  • djchump wrote:
    Cheers guys - The little un's perked up a lot and is asking for pink yoghurt, so the paracetamol the nurse pretty much had to waterboard into her is doing its job and we'll be out of here soon enough. We're scoffing some crisps and chocs now.
    Hurrah! All the best Chump.
  • Nobody died then. I don't actually drink very often these days but THANK GOD FOR WINE.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Glad little one seems on the mend chump.

Kids and wife packed off to bed here...now for my first alone time with the ps4. Got brown ale and Turkey sarnies for sustenance...uncharted 4 installed and updated. Christmas starts here! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Turkey sarnies here too, on the Jim Beam and Strongbow (separate glasses, obv, am not a freak).
  • g.man wrote:
    THANK GOD FOR WINE.
    Feel for you G, we’ve all had family Christmases like that. You survived! Win.

Youngest neice has the guitar out. She’s firing in to some Tenacious D covers, sat beside my girlfriend’s old Mum. What could possibly, etc?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bit of an eventful day. Phone call at approx 11am - m-in-law had trouble breathing so Wifey spent the next 5 hrs or so in A&E. Ambulance was hard to get as it wasn't urgent enough so I drove them there.

So I then did the Xmas dinner honours with Wifey directing via SMS - collected Wifey approx 4:30pm from hospital after her mother was admitted (this has been brewing for a over a week and Wifey is fuming as a doc visit kept getting put off by m-in-law). She finessed the final touches to dinner and it was great.

Daughters a bit stressed but I was able to calm them down as it wasn't as urgent as we first thought and were getting info via SMS.

So some Mario Kart was played by the girls and they also tried out the little games I got them as presents (Nadda and Beastie Club - both seem fun) while I made the dinner.

After dinner, Wifey returned to hospital with Daughter no. 1 (no. 2 is coughing and spluttering) for an hour and they came back in time to meet with my Ma and sis who had called in.

Have eaten far too much and now like a beached whale, Wifey is slobbing it out in front of the soaps with the daughters. Hopefully all is well.

Got a Blu-Ray player so looking for some good examples of discs. Got a rather splendid folio edition of Great Gatsby too. Mother got me a bottle of Single Malt and 2 rather nice glasses made from recycled Bushmills bottles. 

Daughters (first year they have paid for presents from their part time job earnings which they have really loved) got a me few nerdy things inc. a nice Space Invaders print I'll get framed. An Amazon gift card will allow me Bluray up.

Oh. Year 3 of making a Christmas Pudding - it was pretty excellent. Year 1 of making a cake. It's not great but not poor or even mediocre. It's a good effort - just a teensy bit low on moisture which I thought might happen as I reckon it was overdone by 10mins or so. 

And I think from now on I'll be keen on helping out more with Christmas Dinner making duties. This year's tag team effort is quite repeatable.

Merry Christmas folks.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Bloody hell Davy. Busy day. Hope the MiL is okay.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blood levels showing enzymes compatible with heart attack - but that doesn't seem to have happened. Could be the stress on the heart from the rather bad chest infection which as been in place for a week or two.

We are both shagged out to be honest as were both up late Christmas Eve with Midnight church, dinner prep and Christmas present wrapping etc. Wifey got the raw deal today but she seems fine. M-in-law is in the best place so we can relax (relatively speaking).
  • Glad everything has worked out Davy.

Couldn't help but chuckle at "via SMS" though :D
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    No school like old school. Wifey hates smart phones - uses a bullet proof old school candy bar feature phone.
  • Quite the eventful day Davy.

love to you and yours

g.man
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Merry NHmaS folks, hope tomorrow's a better one for youse.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • An eventful day for some, a lazy day for the rest.  I raise a glass of whisky over my swollen belly to you all.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Best wishes to those who had eventful days. Mine was pretty unexciting. I was absolutely gobsmacked at the sheer number of presents my wee nephew got. He's 3. Enough shit to kit out a couple of orphanages.
  • Scout wrote:
    Best wishes to those who had eventful days. Mine was pretty unexciting. I was absolutely gobsmacked at the sheer number of presents my wee nephew got. He's 3. Enough shit to kit out a couple of orphanages.

Standard

• Everyone else has gone to bed. Puppies are in the kitchen and put to bed.
    I have my put-up bed set up in my parent's living room but it is going to take a few more beers before I can fall asleep on that piece of shit.

Ventured into the kitchen for beer rations. First off the pups kick off and start chasing each other around. Then I realise I stood in a lake of piss right next to the god dam puppy pads. Clean the piss up, wrangle the pups back into their own beds and grab a few beers from the fridge. One of the pups gets out of his bed and does a colossal shit, at least it is on the pad this time.
    Put down beers.
    Darted out the kitchen into the bathroom to get loo roll to pick up poo and flush it. Pups escape kitchen and start running around the living room.
    Max goes straight for the standing lamp cable while Clayton does his best to pull the bedding off the crap put up bed.
    Manage to grab both of them at once, Clayton squirming away with all limbs starfish, Max relaxing all limbs and turning into liquid form, I get them back I'm the kitchen and the door shut.

Forgot to pick up the beer.
  • Lol
  • Dogs here are all asleep. You win the pet thread, I win LIFE.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha, just think though after around eighteen months of this, you'll have Clayton trained to open the fridge and bring you the beer
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Last one standing here.

Ironically I can feel a week of gout is about to hit me.
    Can-of-sprite
  • My dad just turned over to Citizen Khan from Vertigo... who do I call for a new family.
  • Just saw a few minutes of that. Painfully unfunny. I presume that's why it's on at this time of night?
  • The one episode I saw of that the main joke seemed to be that the daughter was dating a Hindu. Struck me as pretty fucking racist. If the main joke of a show was a Catholic dating a Sikh it would be rightfully banned.
  • HE TURNED OVER VERTIGO
  • Uneventful for me, plans were meet at pub, go for xmas dinner, back at pub for 7 then meet at friends for 8:30.

So woke everyone at 12ish, pub by 1:30ish.
    Half way thru pint and with birthday shots lined up i get told we are going.
    Left everything on bar and said help yourselfs.
    Spent rest of the day waiting for xmas dinner (and im sure the same 3or 4 5th harmony and little mix songs on repeat ) wich were finally done at 9:15
    Dinner and the rest done by 10:45 and all plans out the window turn up at mates and gain more beer but im still ultimately bored.
    Seems like a wasted day and a serious let down from what i had planned for my 40th. :(
  • :( that's a shame Digi. Happy birthday though. Perhaps treat yourself somehow this week?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!