Merry Christmas!
  • Is Digi's birthday on christmas? My grandad always told us his birthday was on christmas but it turned out he lied and it was on the 24th so he didnt cause double the fuss (probably due to growing up in tougher times). But we would have liked to give him a special day of his own if he was around longer.

My suggestion: even though you should be entitled to a good day of your own, maybe find the furthest day possible from xmas and have it as your "guilt free, I'll do whatever the fuck I like" day. 

June 25?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kids were over-ttired by yesterday evening so getting them down a struggle leaving me feeling knackered too. So I went to bed at 930 :-D.

Theoretically quiet day today, then replies tomorrow. Would love a bit of me time that wasn't asleep, but kids, eh?!

What are your boxing day traditions? We don't really have any...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Cooking for 30 odd today, thankfully there's a team on peeling duties
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Took our 2yo to the park. She ran everywhere chasing seagulls, slides, boats, jumping.

Now dealing with the consequences.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We've got 2 pounds of seafood left
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I gots me a fucking chest infection for Christmas, aaww yes. Hacking my lungs up, feeling hot and weak. Best day.
  • Jesus. On the mend I should hope.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Happy belated birthday Davie. Hope you had a good one?

And @DavyK hope all works out with the mother in law. Stressful time at the best of times Christmas.

Picked up the GF from her sisters after a long day of cooking and driving, had a couple beers when I got in around 9pm and we did final present unwrap. Overall been a good Christmas now to settle down with leftovers a glass of red and watch some bad TV.
  • It's 1:22pm and I've already been in work since 8:45,counted Xmas eves takings and banked them, and had a grown woman shout at me for not giving her a refund on a iTunes card. Happy Holidays!
  • Ha merry bloody Christmas Gav.

Just been out in town can't help laughing at customers all getting pissed off with each other and themselves.

I do feel for the staff at times like these and enjoy being that polite customer.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Vela wrote:
    Is Digi's birthday on christmas? My grandad always told us his birthday was on christmas but it turned out he lied and it was on the 24th so he didnt cause double the fuss (probably due to growing up in tougher times). But we would have liked to give him a special day of his own if he was around longer.

My suggestion: even though you should be entitled to a good day of your own, maybe find the furthest day possible from xmas and have it as your "guilt free, I'll do whatever the fuck I like" day. 

June 25?

Yep xmas day :(

Cheers for birthday well wishes everyone.
  • I survived the festivities.

uu1qo.jpg

Had a few too many fancy ales that had names with words like 'destroyer' in though.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Interracial threesome with nurses

Merry Christmas Moot
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Today is my Christmas. At my folks, after s big Christmas dinner, tucking into cheese and port.

Opened my presents earlier. My best mate bought me pants and socks. I think I must be in the 'nightmare to buy for' category.
  • Between puppies and grandparents fussing I have insane indigestion. Can't eat a meal without drama.

My family can't seem to grasp the concept that anything left below knee height is fair game for being chewed to shit by the puppies, so I have spent 48 hours fishing paper and tape out of dog mouths.

The upside. My Dad left The Daily Mail on the sofa and Clayton tore it to shreds.
  • Puppies are for life, not just for Titmuss.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Family are odd things. When they're not around you love them dearly.
    When they come and stay you want to batter them with a dining room chair and bury them under the patio
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Haha, so true.
    I think it is a space thing at my parent's place. Everyone is always under everyone else's feet.

My Mum has a rule that the best way you can help her in the kitchen is to piss off until needed, then jump to attention.

Me and my Brother get this so steer clear and come when summoned. My Dad doesn't and ends up tarting around with something in the kitchen that is totally unrelated (today it was removing barcode stickers from cutlery we weren't using) , gets told to piss off, then gets in a huff when summoned, claiming my Mum can't make her mind up.
  • I think my ideal Christmas would be one where everyone books a slot on a spreadsheet I email round. Those 2 hours are yours to visit with. After that you must leave and then there's a half hour turn around time before the next slot begins.
    That way we could get through all family members over 2 days and then we'd have 363 days until we have to do it all over again.

If you're too slow and miss a slot then tough, better luck next year
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I think my ideal Christmas would be one where everyone books a slot on a spreadsheet I email round. Those 2 hours are yours to visit with. After that you must leave and then there's a half hour turn around time before the next slot begins.
    That way we could get through all family members over 2 days and then we'd have 363 days until we have to do it all over again.

If you're too slow and miss a slot then tough, better luck next year
    A much better solution is that another family member hosts everyone at once, and you just pop in for two hours...then you get 364.9 days to yourself and don't even have to clean up after anyone else. ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Hope Chump and Davy's families are OK. Our Christmas was exhausting but hugely fun. Merry Christmas to all.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wifey Snr.. returning home today. Thanks to all for the messages of support etc.

The English mob arrived last night and are camped in Wifey Snr's house. Have one day of work tomorrow and then off until following Wednesday. Regular New Year's Eve party at our house - planning commenced.

Ordered some Blurays using the Amazon gift card (Apocalypse Now, 2001 and For All Mankind) which seem to be good examples.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Irl dog on the Tesco advert would blatantly not stop eating the cheese and end up whining on the floor rotund and sick.
  • davyK wrote:
    Wifey Snr.. returning home today. Thanks to all for the messages of support etc. The English mob arrived last night and are camped in Wifey Snr's house. Have one day of work tomorrow and then off until following Wednesday. Regular New Year's Eve party at our house - planning commenced. Ordered some Blurays using the Amazon gift card (Apocalypse Now, 2001 and For All Mankind) which seem to be good examples.
    Old films that you remember watching on telly decades ago are the ones that benefit the most from blu ray. Relies on decent cinematography and a good transfer, so you have to check reviews, but well worth it.
  • I'm still recovering. Spent yesterday playing MK for six hours with the boy. Might venture a little glass tonight.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wifey Snr at ours right as rain eating Wifey's Irish Stew and my Christmas cake. Order is restored.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Great news Davy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cheers. Wifey is delighted with my dinner making efforts in her absence.

I may have manoeuvred myself into more work next year........
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I enjoy cooking Christmas dinner. It's all about the prep. Get that sorted, most can be done the day before, and you can look like the hero while quaffing wine and turning the odd roastie :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!