What was the first game you remember playing?
  • Super Mario Brothers on the the NES.

I have little to no memory of my childhood tbh. I definitely remember playing Mario at some girls house on a farm. I think I might've been five or six but really no clue at all. That's the earliest I remember. Like someone elses life.

I mean, it's getting on for thirty five odd years ago FFS.
  • Harrier Attack on my cpc464. You controlled a little plane that had to shoot down air based foes, bomb ground troops and guns and avoid their return fire that hung around in the air as if suspended in time.  Rather nicely the ground deformed when you dropped your bombs although you only had five of these for each level.

Each level was also bookmarked with a take off and landing from a warship.  It was hilarious to bomb your boat upon take off and watch the pixelated smoke rise from its sinking husk.  Not so funny when you got to the end of the level to find that there was no one to pick you up as you'd sunk your only chance of escaping this wartime hellhole 5 minutes previously.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The kid that didn't bomb his own boat was a wrong 'un. Hard game, though. Navy SEALs was proper serious, but you needed a GX4000 or a Plus.
  • I hope this forum is still going when we are all 90+ then we can have a 'what was the last game you remember playing?' thread
  • Harrier Attack on my cpc464. You controlled a little plane that had to shoot down air based foes, bomb ground troops and guns and avoid their return fire that hung around in the air as if suspended in time.  Rather nicely the ground deformed when you dropped your bombs although you only had five of these for each level.

Each level was also bookmarked with a take off and landing from a warship.  It was hilarious to bomb your boat upon take off and watch the pixelated smoke rise from its sinking husk.  Not so funny when you got to the end of the level to find that there was no one to pick you up as you'd sunk your only chance of escaping this wartime hellhole 5 minutes previously.

Absolutely loved that game.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    aye. Remember Harrier Attack too. It was one of those pack-in games with the CPC464.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    aye. Remember Harrier Attack too. It was one of those pack-in games with the CPC464.

Yup it was.  I have great memories of OH Mummy (mainly it's soundtrack) and Roland on the Ropes too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There was Roland in the Caves too - that was a version of C64 Bugaboo. Crap control but I kept going back to it.

My bro and I quite liked the Fruit Machine game. Very basic - don't even think the reels were animated but we played that quite a bit.

There was a shooting game too - Galactic something? Can't remember. Remember it was pretty unfair and far too hard though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Djornson wrote:
    I hope this forum is still going when we are all 90+ then we can have a 'what was the last game you remember playing?' thread

Y3cAppA.gif

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!