E3 2017 thread of dreams and kebabbage.
  • 1- SNES mini announced with wireless gamepads
    2- Forza SUPERULTRAHD4KSCORPIO Edition.
    3 - Switch price cut!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 1. Someone to chuck money at Sega and turn an ongoing selection of their franchises into premium XBLA/PSN/EShop experiences. 
    2. Mario Golf on Switch
    3. Cuphead - 'available to download from today'. 
    3 (tie). A back-to-basics dingy warehouse Trials with no dragons, unicorns or UFOs.
  • 1. Switch Wars.
    2. A bunch of games taking my fancy.
    3. Battle Engine Aquila 2.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    1 - 1 mirrion troops
    2 - it's ridge racer
    3 - awkward keita takahashi
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Does anybody care about E3 anymore?

This gen has to be the most uninspiring ever. There is no buzz about anything. Younger gamer folk in work don't really talk about games any more.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • As mentioned, I like the event and the community here much more than the actual show.
    I am very jaded with games and I suspect there will be a lot of grey-brown with numbers at the end of their title. Plus a few purple and blue games that play the same as the grey and brown ones.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This gen has given me some of the best gaming experiences of my life, there's an absolute shit ton of brilliance out there.
  • meh
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Every E3 has some gems in it. It's still basically just one big advert that people lap up, but that doesn't mean we won't see some promising stuff as ever.
  • There is good stuff out there but a sea of shite and re-releases too.
    There is a lot of treading of old ground going on.
    I am sure we will see Halo 6, Gears 5, God of War 6(?), FF7 remake, Shenmue 3, EA Sports, Battlefront 2 etc. 
    None of which will do anything different, it's just more of the same. Too much tasking in a lot of games as well, go here do this collect # of the stuffs to open the door/move the wall/pay the twat.
  • Speaking of seas.
    Sea of Thieves I will be keen to sea.
    I really like the look of it but with my Gold lapsed it isn't going to be cheap as I will be subscribing purely for that.
  • You've got a PC now, get exploring the vast wealth of games that you can't play on a console.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tbf every gen has primarily been absolute shit, its just we're adults now so jaded as fuck.
  • Had one for 2 years now.
    I have done some exploring, hit and miss  really.
    I kind of like the AAA thang but not the safe zone they now need to go to as to ensure profit.

Currently, with games, I am like the girlfriend choosing where to eat meme.

Plus a fair bit of what DS sed. Nothing new under the sun.
    Spoiler:
  • Nothing new under the sun that isn't in your narrow purview of appealing. I mean I feel for you as you're not getting stuff you enjoy, but I'm sat here with a stack of games to play after exams and there ain't a single AAA title in there.
  • I think it depends how much stuff appeals.

If you are into say fighters you could find the nuances that differentiate them and what new stuff they are offering.
    A lot of the indie stuff I find quite samey but I think that is because it doesn't appeal, I don't get in under the skin to appreciate what is unique about them.

I did enjoy The Stanley Parable.

Right now I am annoyingly fussy though.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    What they fall to render though is that in those two days, Sony can tear down any claims/pictures made and produce a reverse engineered cheaper tooled alternative copy

Or flat out lie which is more probable.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Microsoft have new hardware to reveal, I can't imagine any sort of HW from Sony seeing as it's less then a year since the Pro and VR headset. There's always the potential for MS to fuck up, but there isn't much Sony can do to steal Microsoft's thunder, even with an extra couple of days to play with after the reveal.
  • I wonder if MS will reveal a Scorpio VR setup or perhaps Hololens.
    Games will always win though, tech is no good without hem. Although Sony haven't released half the stuff they stole the show with last year.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was thinking of going there this year, then I saw ticket prices. Yeah, maybe not. Think I'll get the same amount of enjoyment out of the show when just keeping an eye on the madness that's going on here.

Maybe next year, when we and our finances are settled a bit more. Mainly interested in Nintendo anyway, and they're not doing a big show.
  • Ahhhh its more fun here anyway. I imagine there is much queuing at e3.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm guessing that starts when trying to park the car somewhere.
  • Haha this has reminded me that a guy I know who makes videos (what I have linked here before) chanced his arm for a press pass at E3 and got two, so he's gonna be there for... I dunno what purposes exactly. That's what happens when you get 50,000 subscribers in 12 months I guess.
  • davyK wrote:

This gen has to be the most uninspiring ever. There is no buzz about anything. Younger gamer folk in work don't really talk about games any more.

Dude there are like seventy responses to an e3 topic that exists merely because of a schedule.

Also, this gen has been weak but only in the same way that all early gens are weak. 2016 and 2017 have been really really good.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Haha this has reminded me that a guy I know who makes videos (what I have linked here before) chanced his arm for a press pass at E3 and got two, so he's gonna be there for... I dunno what purposes exactly. That's what happens when you get 50,000 subscribers in 12 months I guess.
    Have a feeling the GDC might be the more interesting to go to, if you're actually want to see interesting stuff instead of days full of hype.

Still, I'd like to go at some point since we're close enough now.
  • davyK wrote:
    Thread says yes.

davyK wrote:
    This gen has to be the most uninspiring ever.
    Perhaps for you. I've seen titles that have seen me happily sink more time into them than anything that has gone before. Hello Games created an engine that just about everyone said they'd love to see in the hands of other studios.

davyK wrote:
    There is no buzz about anything.
    I'm guessing you haven't been in the Zelda:BotW thread. Or the Forza Horizon 3 thread.

davyK wrote:
    Younger gamer folk in work don't really talk about games any more.
    Meanwhile, I've never been surrounded by anything like this many colleagues talking so much about games, even when I worked in IT. Anecdotal evidence ftw.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I recently played through A Link to the Past, and whatever anyone else thinks about it, I enjoyed it more than Breath of the Wild. I tried Deus Ex: Human Revolution and gave up as soon as I died in its first stealth section: another sodding warehouse with crates and glowing ladders, cramming stealth mechanics into the always-too-tight first-person view. If I can't see a fair amount of the field then I'm buggered if I'm iterating my way through it with trial and error.

I still love gameplay, I just hate most games now. There's rarely difficulty any more, and without that there's no expression. When there is difficulty it's almost invariably a rote grind, rather than something that you can think about when you're not playing and return improved. I went through Another World: 20th Anniversary a few days ago and it actually made me think a couple of times; 'bout stuff I'd forgotten.

It's a bad game, and yes — it is rote, but engagingly so. Most of my failures were because I hadn't worked something out, rather than simply because I'd not had a clean enough run yet. Castlevania IV was largely the same. I was entertained.

And wish-I-were-a-film-writer stories can piss off. Ditto most film writers. Castlevania IV opens with a scene of Belmont looking up at a castle. There's yer narrative, and it's kickass.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There's difficulty all over games but you'll just hark back to Robocod or Ghouls as a template and with that all trappings of modern gaming will T R I G G E R you to fuck man. Chillax, play, don't overthink, enjoy. You are Tyler to Rouj's Narrator. You feed each other.

DROP DA TRUTH BOMB.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    RoboCod's easy, mate! But it was so bloody creative for its time. Show me a modern game with a robot fish in a toy biplane.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    We aren't in 1991 anymore mate you can stop wearing the bomber jacket.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!