ARMS House
  • Brooks wrote:
    Who's putting up the most pro footage atm? SRK seems completely void of feedback so far.

Not many people streaming. Most of the talk i've heard is people still trying to work out stuff on the sly so they can win tournaments without people figuring out counters. It's a bit like SF2 in 1993 :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Who's putting up the most pro footage atm? SRK seems completely void of feedback so far.

Is it that technical to warrant pro play? Wasn't aware.
  • Used their website contact page and sent them a tweet, of course met with silence. What is it with companies just doing fuck all? I'd be ok if they just said "yeah sorry, it'll be dispatched on x". Saying hee haw in return just annoys further.

Edit: @andy
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Brooks wrote:

I guess best starting point is the invitational from E3 treehouse last week
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Brooks wrote:

I guess best starting point is the invitational from E3 treehouse last week

The producer had some crazy movement skills when he schooled the winner.

• Used their website contact page and sent them a tweet, of course met with silence. What is it with companies just doing fuck all? I'd be ok if they just said "yeah sorry, it'll be dispatched on x". Saying hee haw in return just annoys further.

Edit: @andy

I hit 'send' on a tweet to Very, and a Yodel girl pushed it through my letter box. That's service. ;)
  • mk64 wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Not many people streaming. Most of the talk i've heard is people still trying to work out stuff on the sly so they can win tournaments without people figuring out counters. It's a bit like SF2 in 1993 :)

Hahah, bastards.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    This is a lot of fun, not down with having to click left stick to block though.
  • Just bought this today. I had £35 of GAME credit.

Not sure I'll get to play it for a day or so though.

How easy is it to fight against friends (i.e. you guys), or have Nintendo made it really awkward?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I'm sitting outside
    You not worried about that bitch overheating?
    That's no way to talk about his wife.
    Wow, thoroughly unpleasant. Please don't joke about my wife that way again.

It's not even on me, but gee, Reg... What the fuck?

Brooks wrote:

Yeah.... they're not fans, but Valles' on the Ninty payroll, so that will change.
    He's planning to put it on his regular WNF event next to the SF5 stuff.

For now, there's a fair amount of good stuff on Youtube.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I think the "What The Fuck" is squarely on anyone's shoulder's but Reg's at the minute.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Oh... You're incensed at something. 

But when you realise I was clearly talking about Reg taking the Switch outside in this heat, and that Dante's merely working an opportune gag, Reg's response just seemed a little disproportional to me.

I won't sweat* it in this weather.

*Ahem...
  • I'm not incensed at anything
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

But when you realise I was clearly talking about Reg taking the Switch outside in this heat, and that Dante's merely working an opportune gag, Reg's response just seemed a little disproportional to me.

*Ahem...

I'm not incensed either I just don't like my wife being referred to as a"bitch" in a jokey context or not. It might surprise you but I married her because I like her quite a lot.

Don't think there's anything outrageous in my response - I even put a "please" in there.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Not tried motion controls yet but what pisses me off with normal controls is when I try a quick 1 2 and it turns into a grab . There's a lot of leeway given to the grab button press
    I had that with motion controls too, trying for a van and two punches come out. Shouldn't be grabbing that much anyway.

Am currently waiting on my joy con to return, thought I'd try this with just the one joy con but I don't think that gives a desirable result after playing with two for a bit.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

*Ahem...

I'm not incensed either I just don't like my wife being referred to as a"bitch" in a jokey context or not. It might surprise you but I married her because I like her quite a lot.

Don't think there's anything outrageous in my response - I even put a "please" in there.

There was no joke about your wife, there was a convenient joke which just suited those words. Taking it in any way as offensive is just silly. I made a joke about Dino's mother but who's offended? He came out of an egg probably so doesn't even have a real mother.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm not going to labour this further past this post but I don't understand how it's not about my wife when the "joke" depends on reading "my wife" in place of "bitch".

Arms is good.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Oh... You're incensed at something.  But when you realise I was clearly talking about Reg taking the Switch outside in this heat, and that Dante's merely working an opportune gag, Reg's response just seemed a little disproportional to me. I won't sweat* it in this weather. *Ahem...
    I'm not incensed either I just don't like my wife being referred to as a"bitch" in a jokey context or not. It might surprise you but I married her because I like her quite a lot. Don't think there's anything outrageous in my response - I even put a "please" in there.

The Switch's only been out 3 months... You can't have made that commitment already, Reg ...No matter how much you like Ninty...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    ...Just kidding! :D
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ach, some people are just too sensitive. Anyway, Arms is ok.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    And I was really wondering about using a new console in 30deg of heat...

Fucking thanks, Dante... ~_~
  • Played this again last night.  Still enjoying it, still a bit shit.  I tried doing the training stuff, but was hopeless at both the throw blocking (I fear my reactions aren't what they used to be) and at blocking in Twintelle.  

Meanwhile, the ongoing battle between myself and my daughter to see who is best/least rubbish rages on.  She had an early, and uncharacteristic controller throwing moment having spent ages refining her skills whilst I was at work, only to lose to me spam jumping with Ribbon Girl.  But by the end normal service was resumed and she destroyed me with her standard Ninjara warping nonsense.   (Shakes fist)
  • So is this worth getting then?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No.
  • Maybe?

There's not a lot of content at the moment (though supposedly more to come).  The suggestion that it is to fighters as Mario Kart is to racing games is overly generous, but does give you an idea of what it's like.

I haven't played that much yet (haven't taken it online at all so far), but in my household it's the local multiplayer that has taken off.  Pretty much anyone can understand the basics of it (my wife has never played a fighting game in her life, but got it straight away), but there's definitely a lot of scope for becoming more skillful.

The motion control seems to have put a few people off, but for me is pretty much the selling point.  Unlike, say, Wii Sports, I absolutely feel like it's responding to my actions (sometimes I wish it wasn't). The fact that you're actively punching, means local multiplayer feels a lot more involving and engaged.  (I mentioned before that my daughter has started adopting all sorts of poses when she pulls off certain moves, without apparently even being aware she does them..)  For others, I suspect the buy or don't buy question will be all about the subtleties of the game as a fighter - but for people like me who are never going to be a high ranker, the question is whether or not it's fun.  And when there's two of us punching the air, and shouting at the screen, yes it is.

But.  That particular experience requires an extra Joy-Con which is a lot to spend on a single game, particularly when it is fundamentally so slight.  There's no story here, nothing to explore or consider.  Just you, your reflexes, and a bunch of brightly coloured people to punch in the face.  If that's enough for you, then it's great.  If not, it might be worth at least waiting to see what the DLC brings.
  • I've found the party online mode pretty good fun. I really like how it swaps you around from one v one all the way to team v enemy. It feels varied in a way that a lot of online modes don't (even if you're crap you can play modes where you can win). Perhaps it'd get tiring but I haven't got there yet.

• I genuinely don't understand how that comes off as offensive, it's a boilerplate forum joke. I'm sorry that it's caused offense, but am confused as to why it did.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Haven't tried the motion controls on this yet (Switch for me is mostly a portable console for my commute). Thought I was pretty good at this game until I discovered you could change the difficulty... holy hell it's tough now! 

I'll certainly get hours of solo play out of this just trying to beat the Grand Prix on higher difficulties, mastering the differences between fighters and unlocking new Arms. 

Look forward to some local, motion controlled fights though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I bought a pro controller for it but the motion controls are way better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!