ARMS House
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Nearest thing to a pro scene at this stage appears to be ranked matches at level 10 and above: 

"I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Meh... Reasonable PT...
  • Yes, no or maybe it is then. Think I'll go with wait until the dlc drops.
  • Man, jumping seems safe as fuck up in this game.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    And I think that might remain a valid strat, but throws certainly become scarce with experience, judging by some of the vids out there.

Juggles are a thing too, but they're very much level specific.
  • Jumping is definitely a good strategy if, like me, you're not great - I suspect that's why you see a lot of people playing with Ribbon Girl (multiple jumps) or Ninjara (who has a warp jump thing).  There are some definite disadvantages though.  You can't guard at all in the air, so whilst you're harder to hit, you have no defence if they successfully predict where you're headed.  Equally you can't charge your strikes in the air (except for Twintelle), meaning that you can dodge well, but your attacks are pretty feeble.  

The result of that is people resorting to a sort of bounce and throw approach which I still struggle to counter (don't tell my kids), but which looks to be fairly easy to defeat once you get to a decent level of competence.
  • Yeah, punch the throw with a heavy arm, and quickly go for a punch with the other, preferably a lighter one you can curve easy.
  • I like helixs blorb punch because it has the same feel as a spin bowler in cricket
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Only just realised I have only played as Spring Man throughout all of my off and online. Need to rectify that tonight. Tonight it's time for barq and byte
  • Arms sold over 100k in its first week in Japan, beating figures from SFV and T7 soundly.

Oh and it looks like this has arrived at home. Yas.
  • Yay.

Level 4 is a lot harder , it's a good challenge now
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Yay. Level 4 is a lot harder , it's a good challenge now

Yeah, different game entirely.  Played up until Max Brass last night, then had to stop.  Previously found him laughably easy, but at level 4 he consistently destroyed me once he'd powered himself up at the end of the battle.  (I'd usually win the first round, only to get obliterated subsequently.)
  • Favourite characters?
  • I should hold back sending Tempy his Switch until he sends me my Arms (it got posted to him cos I ordered same time as his MK8).

Ya hear that Tempy?! Sit and ogle at your Switch games for longer ahahhahaahahhaha
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've only used Spring man and his standard arms and one other
  • Favourite characters?

I have a preference for the more nimble characters.  Ribbon Girl is annoying, but is currently my go-to character purely because of the ability to jump around the stage with ease.  Min-Min's fun, but her power's not that useful once you're up against more difficult enemies.  I find Twintelle intermittently great, and suspect she's pretty powerful once you've got the hang of her.  (Charging in mid-air is very handy, the bullet-time stuff less so).
  • This is not the game to be playing in this heat. Fuck me.
  • Just played a few games of party. Can see myself trading this in in the future so I can have it on the system.

It's really quite satisfying to play and enjoyable.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So it was you in the lobby. Was that by accident or did you join friend?

This a good game, shame it's released during a heat wave...
  • Ha yeah! its quite knackering. I used the find a friend thing which lets you see if anyone is in a party and join them.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That's cool, I've never seen anyone in a party yet, so that's why I was wondering
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Barely scraped onto level 3. This is hard.
  • Very quick go just now (its too hot), managed to beat Max Brass at Level 4 - was feeling very smug.
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I took him down but you need to be patient as fuck
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I took him down but you need to be patient as fuck

I'm realising that that's the moral in general in this game.  It's really tempting to just barrel in with everything you've got, but that invariably gets you smacked down.
  • I think you need to keep punching but not necessarily trying to hit all the time perhaps.

Also grabs are a seductive but ultimately dooming move.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Keeping punching is suicide. It's all about distance and waiting for an opening then pressing your advantage.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Very quick go just now (its too hot), managed to beat Max Brass at Level 4 - was feeling very smug.
    Spoiler:
    I struggled more on Twintelle than Brass man
    Spoiler:

I need to slow down my 1-2s as I'm grabbing more often than making them
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ninjara has made my life miserable at whatever level.
  • I tried playing non motion again because I'm on the train and it feels much worse. The ability to dash-jump-grab is much easier with motion and muscle memorily more intuitive.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!