Minecraft for PC
  • Yup, PM received!  What's the consensus?  I can build a new profile to run Tekkit whenever, can you then subsequently upload the existing server world?
  • As far as I can tell it should just be a case of plopping the vanilla map in tekkit then those who want tekkit have to decamp to new chunks to find ores and anybody who wants the vanilla experience can keep by spawn. If this is the case it seems to be to everybodys taste. If it does go all tits up in the transition it should be easy enough to put back as well.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Sounds good. I like the idea. 

I am not up for regular resets mind. Looking around last night. Oh my te fook the changes in just weeks are monumental.

Coincidently I don't want to build anything right now out of fear something happens.

Would it be worth getting a little vote thing going on somewhere so we can weigh up what the consensus is?

tekkit + new world
    tekkit + existing world
    no tekkit + keep world

Or is it just a case of go'fer'it?

edit - pointless as it seems to be consensus after a reread of the thread.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Check out some of the things in this guys channel, seriously amazing redstone contraptions and a very comfortable chair I'm sure...

• Insane!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    How does he find the time for that amongst all the getting laid?
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • I imagine he just allows the ladies to fellate him whilst he creates.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • beano wrote:
    I am not up for regular resets mind.

Whilst it's not really an issue right now, I have to re-iterate this is my view. Unless something comes on that requires a new world and it TOTALLY AWESOME I'd rather keep a world for quite a while.
  • I agree we need to settle into a new map and I like what we've got going on on the server now, but I believe tekkit is that TOTALLY AWESOME thing but hopefully we get the best of both worlds.

Is it possible to check with multiplay about the ins and outs of converting a vanilla map to tekkit to be sure.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I quite agree. I can't imagine anyone would be desperate for a reset unless some epic new functionality demanded it. 

You can always walk until you can't see stuff if you want a clean slate. 

That said; some of my fondest mc memories are based on desperately trying to get started in a new world. We'll have plenty of opportunities for that in the future, I'm sure.

Edit: that was is response to Dante; took me a while. I'll see what multiplay say face.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Is it even possible to display what parts of the map have already been explored to see if it's worth keeping it? I mean if there're no new areas for new resources...
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • We've explored fuck all. There's tons of area's for new resources. We can see the current world if someone uploads it to Minetogropher.
  • You could walk in any direction for 5 minutes and I'm pretty sure you'd be in new chunks. We could do a minetographer map but it's hardly necessary.
  • Yup, there'd still be plenty of unexplored chunks in this world, we haven't sprawled out very far from what I've seen.  Perhaps when we implement Tekkit we could build a rail express to some promising unexplored region, and/or make a second (or more) porthole in the nether about 50 or 100 blocks away from the one currently in there, and it should spawn a new portal in the over-world 8x farther away from the current one, which would be a neat way of getting to unexplored chunks quickly.
  • Would the "easiest" way to get to new chunks not be to just go a good distance in the nether? You could build a rail network in there, between the gates.

Edit: Derp I only just noticed SG had already mentioned that.
  • Tekkit has nether ores so a group adventure and new portal seems like a good idea to find new lands.

When are we going to take the plunge?

Also when we get established we can build some teleporters.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Tekkit has nether ores so a group adventure and new portal seems like a good idea to find new lands. When are we going to take the plunge? Also when we get established we can build some teleporters.

Sounds like a good plan to me.  I quite like the thought of getting a tonne of supplies and heading out to pastures new.
  • Have ender chests been enabled in tekkit? I have one stocked full of diamonds gold and iron and we could use them to post things back to spawn.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    On reflection, rather than wait for multiplay to reply or trawl through forums looking for an answer we could just try it.
    We already need to take a copy of the world to upload it to the tekkit profile so it's not like anything can be broken. 

What say you Elm; can you give it a whirl when you have time?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pretty sure ender chests are enabled, also there are teleport pipes available which allow you to pipe stuff back over long distances. If we start using teleport pipes and wireless transmitters then we will have to allocate frequency ranges for everyone or we will end up sending stuff all over the place.
  • So I can stealth steal all your diamonds? Sounds good.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I never hit diamonds :(.  Although ther is a thing called equivalent exchange (I think) that allows you to convert stuff into other items.  So cobblestone into diamonds.  I think you need something daft like over a thousand cobblestone to make 1 diamond but it could be very useful for generating all that really hard to find stuff (i.e. slime for sticky pistons)
  • Slimes often spawn at the bottom of my well, feel free to go hunt them there.  There's almost always one every time I mine down there.

In other news this Tekket looks the business! Going to have a massive learning curve ahead of me I think.  I've been checking  out  a Tekkit wiki to see what can be made:

http://tekkitwiki.com/wiki/Getting_Started_Guide
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I think it's 8000 cobble for one diamond from those vids posted here. And 1 diamond gives 8000...

Install Tekkit - keep working on the spawn village as needed.
    Find new site.
    Build auto quarry.
    Pipe everything back to community shelter using the extensive underground system.
    Build railway to tekkit land.
    Upgrade village al-la tekkit.

I can see all that happening.

FYI my quarry burst into some square corridor with jack o'lanterns in the ground. I think that's two mines I've burst into now (o: Really am going to use wool for directions down there.
  • I'm pretty sure me, dante and s_g are all strip mining down there so we're bound to cross over at some point.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It'd be nice to mine in the same space to be honest. Hollow out a massive massive space. Like in Ants or whatever it was that had Woody Alan in. There were ants.
  • Yeah, crossover is inevitable at some point.  I'm trying to branch my mine away from town to keep out of other people's way.  The cave system at the bottom of my well hooks up with another that runs under the station and whoever owns the house near it with the pretty fireplace and automatic door closer.  I think I'll make some neater underground passages to the spawn lodge sometime :-)

Still reading Tekkit things, this seems like a useful first time tutorial;
    http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_Started
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, I have bust into those mines to, think I will head the other way.  I have been producing a lot of food ready for the journey out to so we will be stocked up.  Not sure who owns the farm but I have butchered a few of your cows for beef, but have been breeding them to so there are plenty around.
  • I am literally moist with anticipation. Not sure when I have sociable hours free so if this happens without me leave signposts please.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    We could just build tower(s) the minute the town is not obvious...I don't like the idea of using a map though- is that something I can turn off?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!