Minecraft for PC
  • Has there been a cock-up on the current server? I've lost a load of stuff I did the other day (think it was weds).

I think n0face was on at the same time building a flagpole, hopefully that hasn't gone too!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yup, the tower I built the day before is gone :-( must be some sort of reset to a previous save.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Unfortunately, with my PC a smouldering pile in the corner of the living room (*dramatic effect; I just like to moan about it) I'm not up to speed. 

If you can give me a specific time and date of when it messed up and if I can remember my clanforge login I might be able to do something from my phone. 

Even better, Elm might be able to rectify if he's still watching this thread.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • At a guess it would have to have happened about 24 hours ago; that's the last time I logged out with the tower complete.  There was a game update in the mean time, I don't know if that would have had something to do with it.  It's not really that important, especially if we're about to do a wipe in preparation for Tekkit
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If we do do (do do da do do) a reset and become a Tekkit server, what are the chances of importing a building into the server from the off.  I was thinking a Bear & Badger Manor where we can all have somewhere to stay and store our stuff from the off while we get on with the communal projects?

Any thoughts?
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Hmm; I actually enjoy the initial panic of getting a basic home base organised. That said I don't know when I'm going to be up and running so if it's a popular idea then happy days.
  • I kinda like the idea of building from scratch too, tabula rasa!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I've not been on any minecraft in ages, last time I got to check it out I found the tower of water and lava had a garden in the clouds and some mad cobblestone connecting one biome to the jungle. That was awesome also the minecart track thing had been extended past my house so I took a ride. I'm going to try and get on tonight for a while, will anyone be about as I guess the world has changed massively?
    In the meantime I've got to write and do some work on a learning machine programme I am writing. 

Sorry to hear crafting efforts haven't been persisted recently.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • If we do do (do do da do do) a reset and become a Tekkit server, what are the chances of importing a building into the server from the off.  I was thinking a Bear & Badger Manor where we can all have somewhere to stay and store our stuff from the off while we get on with the communal projects?

Any thoughts?

It'd only take an evening of group effort to get a decent homestead started. So now we are all absolutely committed to a new tekkit server when are we doing it? How about next weekend.

• metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I can login to the clanforge page on my pad but I'm not sure how to go about adding mods etc. I'll investigate.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    tekkit is not in the list of mods that can be applied via the control panel. I have raised a support ticket asking how we should go about it. 

Stay tuned.
  • I have to say I'm not overly keen on starting a new server so quickly. It hardly seems worth the effort of building anything if it's going to be wiped off five minutes later. Can we not add this to the current one?

I also enjoy the initial build, and if we really must start again would much, much prefer to build something from scratch rather than have something ready made.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Build faster Dante! I thought you could grab a save of the current world for posterity anyway?
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I'd sooner a tekkit-ing of the current world if it's possible. Or uploading a copy of the world once we tekkit-ed. 

I never even sailed a boat out of my boathouse. :(
  • Build faster Dante! I thought you could grab a save of the current world for posterity anyway?

It's not about saving it for posterity. It's about making it feel worthwhile actually building something knowing it's not going to be wiped out every five minutes.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    When was the last wipe?
  • When was the last wipe?

June 15
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Make it every three months instead then. The quarterly Minecraft server wipe.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Unless I'm mistaken, I think this is only being proposed for the purposes of adding tekkit. I don't think anyone wants a wipe and if we can avoid it I'm sure everyone would like that, I know I would.
  • I'm pretty sure we can use our map but all the tekkit minerals and extras will only spawn in new areas, which is a good idea on my opinion.
  • n0face wrote:
    I'm pretty sure we can use our map but all the tekkit minerals and extras will only spawn in new areas, which is a good idea on my opinion.

That I'm fine with then. I've little interest in it, but if you can all do that stuff and I get to explore the same map I'm cool.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    If that's the case then it seems everyone's a winner. Let's see what multiplay say.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Whatever happens, post more pictures.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I suppose having a pre-spawned area with no Tekkit stuff wouldn't be a bad thing if people fancied some vanilla fun or if some beginners wanted a go on the server.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That can't work can it? What if you take some tekkit blocks over the border and into the old world? What would happen? Could you build with it?
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    This is pure speculation as I haven't done any sort of research but I imagine that once a server is using tekkit that all the new stuff would work anywhere on the map but the new goodies would only come from unspawned chunks.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fingers crossed.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You would have to import the current map into the tekkit server I would imagine.  As has been said the tekkit minerals would only be available in new areas, but I would imagine that there would be no problem placing Tekkit crafted items in the origional area.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Just got a mail from multiplay:

"[font=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Hi,[/font]

If you create a new profile (there's a button for this in the Profiles section of ClanForge) Tekkit should be available in the Mods dropdown. Then hit save and apply and edit to your liking."
    [font=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Now that sounds easy enough, however as I'm currently PCless and am relying on my phone/iPad whilst I wait for a replacement psu I can't download or upload maps. [/font]

[font=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I'll message Elm and hopefully he can sort something. [/font]
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Ugh, you get the gist.

Edit: I've PMed Elm so hopefully he can sort something out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!