Middle Age
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I stopped checking my reflection long ago.

About the same time as when young people stopped handing me flyers in the street.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Got asked for id in ASDA about a month back which cheered me up a bit. Pissed mrs bawjaws off though, because she didn't get asked.
  • Midlife crisis is hitting me hard.
    I take little or no enjoyment from anything I enjoyed in the past.
    I barely post here, turned on my Xbox for the first time in a month and then sighed and turned it off 1 hour later. Outside of gaming hobbies I just can't be arsed with any of them at all.
    The future is seeming pointless and something to dread at the same time.
    I'm up and down mood wise like a fucking yo-yo, I'd say I was bipolar but I'm not getting the highs, just the lows. I wouldn't mind so much of I got the highs.

Career wise I'm sick to fucking death of it. I would love it to be over but literally can't think of anything I would want to do instead... See above.

Oddly, physically I've been hitting the gym hard and I'm probably in the best shape of my life.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Boom bringing it DOWWWWWWNNN.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You sound depressed pants.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Never too late to retrain - got a mate who was a copper for ages, then a driving instructor for years, last year retrained as a sparky.
  • I could never be Sparky.
  • I dont have the necessary chin.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll chin you in a minute.
  • I finally accept I'm never going to be the no. 9 for( choose your team), an international groundbreaking but multi platinum selling rock star/ Oscar winner with respect and box office success. And it hurts. It really does.
    Peter3C
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Panty, if you're ever spare on Friday nights, Forza bants, blunts and booze can cure the end of the week blues.  
    References available.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Oh god I miss Forza Friday
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'm also coming into my looks in my 30s (34 now). Was at a wedding in Sicily last weekend and was described as a "French hunk" by a milfy Malaysian woman (I'm neither French nor a hunk, but longish hair, a beard and some aviators will do that I guess) and was told that "with straight teeth you will be irresistible" by a married, Russian man eater (I took the neg in a positive light).

I genuinely think I've grown into my body, all skinny waif and awkward features when younger, much more confident now, not bothered by the grey streaks developing. On the flipside, I'm the heaviest I've been at 12.5 stone and the hair is thinning, but it's nice to see the glint in a woman's eye even when technically in bad shape. Probably got 5 years max till I'm too far the wrong side.

My gaming skills have gone to pot though so it's swings and roundabouts really.
  • davyK wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Radio 4 really is excellent.
    It really is.

yup.
    I got into it in my mid 20s. I think it may actually work as an accelerant to fuddyduddyness because it was all down hill from that point.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Period lasted from the 5th to the 15th century. It began with the fall of the Western Roman Empire and merged into the Renaissance and the Age of Discovery. The Middle Ages is the middle period of the three traditional divisions of Western history: classical antiquity, the medieval period, and the modern period. The medieval period is itself subdivided into the Early, High, and Late Middle Ages
  • I like history, please continue.
  • monkey wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Radio 4 really is excellent.
    It really is.

yup.
    I got into it in my mid 20s. I think it may actually work as an accelerant to fuddyduddyness because it was all down hill from that point.

A little while ago I was driving one of my sparring partners to the Dojo, he's 18 and irritatingly fresh faced and energetic.
    He laughs as he sees Radio 2 on the stereo "oh man, you listen to DAD RADIO"

5 minutes later and Copacabana came on and he reached over to turn it up and sang the whole thing with me at full pelt.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nonce.

As I hit "post" I immediately knew someone would make that gag
  • Gag?

And again... it's from teaching my last class. Always turns into innuendo bingo
  • No he's not big enough
  • One hour less of sleep and feel like walking dead! That didn't happen when I was 25! I was feckin invincible when I was 25! They don't tell you this stuff and they should ffs...now where did I put my glasses
    Peter3C
  • I find this all terrifying. Everything I enjoy in life requires that I stay looking and feeling exactly as I do right now.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Cryogenics or vampirism, takes yer pick
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I find this all terrifying. Everything I enjoy in life requires that I stay looking and feeling exactly as I do right now.

Forewarned is forearmed as us old cnuts say
    Peter3C
  • Ironically I'm getting better with age. I was a fucking wretch in my 20s.
    I also, oddly, need less sleep.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Ironically I'm getting better with age. I was a fucking wretch in my 20s.
    I also, oddly, need less sleep.

So you made a pact with the devil wears Prada
    Peter3C
  • One of them music video channels was on the telly last night, and as I was watching it pretty much all I could think of was how inappropriate it was that all the girls in the videos were dancing around with practically no clothes on, and what a bad example it was setting for my daughters (and other young kids).

Part of my brain did try a bit of "corr, would!, look at them 'uns" but it was only half-hearted and got drowned out by the older grumpier part shouting "they're too young for us to ogle and kids shouldn't be exposed to this shite"
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!