Middle Age
  • JonB wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    Nose hair. Lots of it. Makes your eyes water when you finally pull out the one that's been tickling.
    But the satisfaction...

Oh aye. Mrs hates it when i show her them proudly.

'look at the size of that one!'
  • Ooooh.....meatloaf.

edit. That works well following a page turn.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    Nose hair. Lots of it. Makes your eyes water when you finally pull out the one that's been tickling.
    But the satisfaction...
    Oh aye. Mrs hates it when i show her them proudly. 'look at the size of that one!'

I have never done this to Mrs Skondo, so let's see what happens.....
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nose hair is a common one. Wifey bought me a Remington "fuzzaway" for it. Doubt that's what it is actually called....
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Worked with a guy who got drunk and decided to try snorting a lit match to dispose of nose hairs.

How i laughed.
  • I like staying in, all my stuff is there.
    My gut is staring to look like my dad's - this MaccyD's I'm having on the way back from screwfix (Irwin smoothing plane and 2.5l of dulux trade matte white) probably won't help.
    I'm planning my crisis early, I want to get some practice in to make it a good one. I'm too wussy for it to be a motorbike, and too lazy for kitesurfing - anyone else got any good ideas?

[edit] actually, always fancied pootling about in a classic car - must have watched too much Inspector Morse as a kid. But I figure the cost is prohibitive so I've got "getting mechanically-handy with a classic car" pencilled in for retirement.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wisdom doesn't come with age it seems.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Buy a skateboard. I used to see a guy in his late 30s come into the local bar carrying his board and wearing his cap backwards etc. "That dick", we used to call him.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Having teenage daughters is a very good way of ensuring one's feet remain on the ground and can dampen down the dickish tendencies.

"You aren't actually going out like that are you?"

That's directed at me by the way.
  • Ooh, that's a good shout, I used to skateboard at uni and still have a couple of my "decks" (is this still the word, or am I showing my age now?) in the house. I could try being that pathetic old cunt who keeps falling over and hurting himself in a skatepark full of kids.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I reckon I'd be better on a skateboard now since my centre of balance has dropped 2 feet.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The kids would definitely look up to you.
  • Radio 4 really is excellent.
  • Our IT manager organised for a chap from Richer Sounds to come into the office to quote for a projector installation in the chairman's office. Guy turned up on a skateboard.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Radio 4 really is excellent.

It really is.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Our IT manager organised for a chap from Richer Sounds to come into the office to quote for a projector installation in the chairman's office. Guy turned up on a skateboard.

He would have been told to fuck off and come back when he has grown up.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    One of the companies I work in (a subsidiary of Admiral insurance) is a 'young' company. They have an open plan office and any time I've been there they are running after each other with water pistols, playing football up and down the office, chasing the office dog, playing 'funny' pranks like hiding each other's laptops in bins etc etc. I am seriously considering buying a gun.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Radio 4 really is excellent.
    It really is.

yup.
  • @Kow. I'll provide you with an alibi.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No, I'll do the time, it'll be worth it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    A water gun? May as well join 'em I guess.
  • You're walking along, actually you're strutting. It's a beautiful day and your eyes are drawn to all of the beautiful people, their lovely hair, pretty faces, clean clothes, gorgeous teeth. Perfect skin and skimpy clothes.

It's okay though, you're one of them, they notice you too.

You strut past a shop. Rather awkwardly there's someone inside the shop, strutting at the same pace as you. Who the fuck does this loser think they are though? Terrible posture, big stomach, ugly skin, an uneven smile revealing yellowing teeth. Bad hair in a worse haircut. Familiar clothes, though... same shoes, same shirt... oh, that's a mirrored window. That's me. When did that happen?
  • trippy wrote:
    You're walking along, actually you're strutting. It's a beautiful day and your eyes are drawn to all of the beautiful people, their lovely hair, pretty faces, clean clothes, gorgeous teeth. Perfect skin and skimpy clothes.

It's okay though, you're one of them, they notice you too.

You strut past a shop. Rather awkwardly there's someone inside the shop, strutting at the same pace as you. Who the fuck does this loser think they are though? Terrible posture, big stomach, ugly skin, an uneven smile revealing yellowing teeth. Bad hair in a worse haircut. Familiar clothes, though... same shoes, same shirt... oh, that's a mirrored window. That's me. When did that happen?

You've just made me find a corner and have a little cry. A man cry. As my granny used to say the truth can be blamed but never shamed.
    Peter3C
  • Weirdly, I've gotten more comfortable with how I look as I've got deeper into my 30's. I've never been fashionable, just wore what i liked. I've wore a suit to work the last 6 years though, and I'm lucky that i suit a suit.

But defo more comfortable about my looks in general. Used to be quite insecure about it, particularly my face, not fussed these days, don't get depressed when i see my reflection.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm still happy I don't have to wear a suit. I own no ties and I think one shirt.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm doing in my late 30s what I should have been in my mid 20s. This thread isn't for me. YOLO
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I do a lot of training to young'uns at work and a few years ago I hit the point where they were born the year I started working here.

Also, my shoulders are screwed and even fitting a light bulb causes a dead-arm sensation.

46 btw.
  • I was telling that story on behalf of a friend. I'm godlike, obviously.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Me too.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm 33, lol at you old cunts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!