Let's sort Davie out with a PSVR. Can we 'stretch' to a digital copy of Destiny 2?
  • Fair enough mate, whatever works keep on doing it.
  • Thanks pal, i do honestly appreciate the thoughts and the sentiment.
    You's are all my best friends and i love yas.
  • Well done Davie for not smoking so far. Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back. Everyday is a small victory.
    Peter3C
  • Fell asleep with my patch on last night,
    Didnt fall asleep till after 4 in the morning but it was still there wben i woke up. :(
  • You're doing well. It'll make it a million times easier if you're not drinking, which presumably you aren't? I had to knock it on the head for a while and ease myself back into it.
  • Yeh im not drinking anything except cups of tea, fresh orange and occasional smoothies.

Im avoiding the pub and people i know from there.
    Basically im just giving myself the best chance i can to stay off them altogether.
    Been over a week now (slightly)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Keep it up Davie, you're doing great.
  • How are things Davie. How's the vaping going?
    Peter3C
  • Iv not even tried vaping pal, iv just let my girlfriend use it and its cut her down to like 4 or 5 a day.
    (from 25+ a day)

Im just persevering with the patches and inhilator for now but i have just enough to see out this week so i need to see my gp and get more.

Its hard but iv not had one since i entered hospital a week back on Friday so im proud of myself.
    Still get cravings a bit but i just play with the inhilator or have a suck on it, not quite the same but im coping with it.

My cousin david tried to overdose the wednesday after i got released from hospital and made himself rather sick and failed miserably.
    Unfortunately the tablets he took sat in his stonach and gave him liver failure and kidney failure so he was rushed in to hospital on the friday after (may have been thursday actually not sure).
    Went up to see him at Blackburn hospital last night and he has tubes coming from his neck filled with blood, hes having transfusions to wash out the bad blood or something its weird the way he explained it.
    He said to keep my spare room spare for him but theres no way i could cope with him too as well as try and get myself back to semi normal.

Everything else seems to be going ok so far though i haven't been having the smoothies for a few days, il have one today but i think they may be too thick and contributing to my stomach aches.

Should have a sony 4k tv coming today and an air fryer so im trying my hardest to stay awake and im really tired.
    But once the girlfriend is back i can go sleep for a little while hopefully.

Git a few games to knock of my 52 in a year thing and girlfriend bought me streetfighter ae yesterday and pre-orderd my sotc.

So things are going better than i hoped i think.
    Just need to keep at it.

• Sorry about your cousin but I agree with you that you have to focus on your own recovery first at this moment. You're doing great on the not smoking front so well done you. Take it step by step it's the only way. And take it easy on the street fighter!! That's not a chill out game...
    Peter3C
  • digi wrote:
    Iv not even tried vaping pal, iv just let my girlfriend use it and its cut her down to like 4 or 5 a day.
    (from 25+ a day)

Im just persevering with the patches and inhilator for now but i have just enough to see out this week so i need to see my gp and get more.

Its hard but iv not had one since i entered hospital a week back on Friday so im proud of myself.
    Still get cravings a bit but i just play with the inhilator or have a suck on it, not quite the same but im coping with it.

My cousin david tried to overdose the wednesday after i got released from hospital and made himself rather sick and failed miserably.
    Unfortunately the tablets he took sat in his stonach and gave him liver failure and kidney failure so he was rushed in to hospital on the friday after (may have been thursday actually not sure).
    Went up to see him at Blackburn hospital last night and he has tubes coming from his neck filled with blood, hes having transfusions to wash out the bad blood or something its weird the way he explained it.
    He said to keep my spare room spare for him but theres no way i could cope with him too as well as try and get myself back to semi normal.

Everything else seems to be going ok so far though i haven't been having the smoothies for a few days, il have one today but i think they may be too thick and contributing to my stomach aches.

Should have a sony 4k tv coming today and an air fryer so im trying my hardest to stay awake and im really tired.
    But once the girlfriend is back i can go sleep for a little while hopefully.

Git a few games to knock of my 52 in a year thing and girlfriend bought me streetfighter ae yesterday and pre-orderd my sotc.

So things are going better than i hoped i think.
    Just need to keep at it.

Sorry to hear about your cuz. You should feel proud of not touching cigs. In a few weeks you won't even miss it.
  • Aye, great work on the cigs Davie. More power to you.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Well done, Davie. I’m finding it hard enough to not buy games, never mind dealing with a genuine addiction.
  • Agreed pc77... Street fighter is definitely not a chill out game.
    Only had a quick go thru story and it was fairly easy (too easy).

My cuz looks a right mess and im angry with him more than anything, theres been around 6 deaths in the last 2 months plus i were close to gone and then he did that.

Not smoking has been harder today, quite a gathering of people in my back yard earlier all talking and smoking. (felt a little left out in all honesty).
    Still iv got this far and i aint much of a quitter.

Air fryer got deliverd elsewhere and we are awating a date for it to come to us.
    Had chippy tea for a treat becouse i felt id done well and just wanted to have a play with the new tv.

No pspro yet so no 4k stuff but im guessing there will be some lovely stuff on netflix.
    Gt sport looks lovely too with hdr on can only imagine what 4k would look like.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.
  • You're doing good. You might find you get sudden cravings out of the blue months down the line, but by then they only last a few seconds and are quickly forgotten about. It'll be nearly a fortnight before you know it, which is a mighty fine milestone. It gets easier from there but like I said, you'll be caught off guard every now and then, and usually when it feels like it's getting easier. They don't last long though. I think half of giving up is simply forgetting you used to smoke.
  • Tonight i haf.5 beers and 9 chupa chups and bo ciggies so im poud.
    Gnight as sjeezer wid say
  • Well done. I think.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I hope Bo Ciggies aren’t a thing Davie??
  • Sorry guys.
    Cabin fever were setting in so i went out to see my mate dj a hip hop night, needless to say he didn't expect me turning up and loved the fact i did.

Managed to drink 5 pints and went thru 9 lollys,
    Inhilator is truly dead and neads some refills.
    (got told were i can buy some so il get some today).

Still never smoked,
    Im gucking proud of myself.
  • Not smoking whilst drinking is quite the achievement from what I understand. Well done.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Not smoking whilst drinking is quite the achievement from what I understand. Well done.

Thank you pal.
  • Every person I know who has been trying to quit has had their "moments of weakness" when they have been out for a drink. Partly because thats part of the social routine. 

You did well. Keep it up :)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Keep it going Davie. You're a rock star. Without the fags of course.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I hope Bo Ciggies aren’t a thing Davie??

Craig Vapids.
  • Also reminds me of a lady I went to tafe with. She gave up smoking and found it amazing that different foods she never liked before tasted different. And she could notice more flavours in foods she regularly ate. 

I think it was a couple of weeks after she stopped smoking that she noticed it. 

Any similar experience, davie?
  • Iv had a bit of a cold the last couple of days so my nose, chest and throat haven't been right good.
    I also didn't have 2 of my tablets for last night and this morning as pharmacy messed up my prescription and i should be collecting them today.

My sense of smell has definitely improved for better or worse and iv had terrible flatulence becouse of medication.

I could also taste blood last night and felt my chest were a little tight, not sure if these were phantom symptoms becouse i was paranoid about being down 2 of my tablets for today and last night but made sleep harder to get.
    (may have gave my self the cold while out on friday)

Got appointments out the wazoo today too.
    Smoking clinic for to see if i can get more patches and refills for my inhilator.
    I have 1 patch left for today and my inhilator ran out two days ago so i just kept using the same dead one in it till late last night when i started craving but was hust getting a horrible taste and a dry mouth and cough.
    Took the refill thing out and just rested the empty inhilator in my mouth sucking air thru it and playing with it in my hands.

I also have to go for blood tests today to see how im doing and i may have a damaged liver function from previous years that i never had checked.
    (im a bit scared of this)

Recieved a letter on friday saying the cardiac team have been trying to phone me for the last two weeks too so i rung them back and left my girlfriends number for them to get in contact with me.
    They've phoned this morning while i was still asleep and are gonna ring later after doctors etc.
    They should know better about my exercise and stuff i should do and how to step it up etc.
    (thankfully)

Quite a bit of information there and iv not even talked about the two people who were family friends and died for varying reasons over the last week.
    (madeline bell who died in her sleep on holiday in lanzarotiee with her man and little girl.
    And jay jay taylor who was bottled and stabbed in the neck outside a pub by all round prick bad guy drug dealer jack costello)

Quite a lot going on in my shitty little existance and my moods are all over the place at the moment.
    Il update with more later on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!