Hollow Knight - the first one, Tempy is forgiven
  • Tempy wrote:
    Moot, On the path to one of the bosses you had trouble with
    Spoiler:

Aha, thanks.  I've got 
    Spoiler:
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm not sure where the missing 27% is for me.  Does anyone now if 100% includes the DLC, or how I'd know if I encountered any DLC along the way? I'm pretty sure the
    Spoiler:
    can be switched off or jumped through at some point, as it seems odd that I bypassed them throughout the game rather than gaining the ability to deal with them.  Where would I look for that ability, assuming it's a thing?
    Did you fight 
    Spoiler:
    a second time? If so, then use what you got from there and...
    Spoiler:

I also did this, so heading downwards appears to be the key here.  Just realised I didn't use that at all afaik.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Seems I'm already at 100%. Still missing one (half of a) charm, haven't finished upgrading the nail, nor attempted the last rung of the Colosseum, etc. And there's at least one more mask shard out there somewhere. There's definitely some leeway. 

I'm just glad that I've managed to get this far without looking anything up. The game has been all the better for it.

Edit: And that's the White Palace done, and the charm collection apparently complete. Haven't really played many pure 2D platformers since my childhood (when I played them all the time), but I guess it's like riding a bike - because that went far better than I thought it would. Definitely prefer the Metroid-like stuff though.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Hopelessly addicted. Should’ve gone bed ages ago as I’m not expecting to be able to sleep much on long flight tomorrow. Randomly wandering around led to new ability and new area and new charms and new this and that, what a well designed map.

It all reminds me so much of Super Metroid.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bit further tonight. Upgraded my weapon and got wall jump. I’m freeeeee.

Seem to be stuck in hallownest so some careful exploration tomorrow.
  • Grr, lost 2k dieing on the way back to a mini boss in City of Tears.
  • This might be a bit insensitive after the previous post, but I've got shedloads of cash and nowhere to spend it at present.  
    Spoiler:
    Also, is there anywhere you can sell
    Spoiler:
  • With regards to your second spoiler I just opened a door near the starting area that has someone who can use them.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I don't recall that there is. Have you discovered how to use them yet? (second spoiler). They have a specific purpose.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Out of my way daddy
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    With regards to your second spoiler I just opened a door near the starting area that has someone who can use them.
    Facewon wrote:
    I don't recall that there is. Have you discovered how to use them yet? (second spoiler). They have a specific purpose.
    Spoiler:
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    This might be a bit insensitive after the previous post, but I've got shedloads of cash and nowhere to spend it at present.  
    Spoiler:
    Also, is there anywhere you can sell
    Spoiler:

No, there is nowhere you can sell them. You can find someone to buy them from though. 

And in regards to your overflowing coffers, don't worry, you can upgrade three certain charms through the Grimm troupe for 10-16k each.
  • I’ve been meandering about trying to work out what to do next. Totally forgot about an area I’d opened up then passed through without exploring. It’s been a right faff. Back on track now, time to kill more bugs.
  • I've surprised myself by actually playing something post completion.  I now have the ability I was looking for. 

Next step is to work out where my
    Spoiler:
  • Silke wrote:
    No, there is nowhere you can sell them. You can find someone to buy them from though. 

God know where he was, but I have found him on my travels.  

Nearly lost 10.700 faffing around with this in direct sunlight yesterday.  The 'I got this' feeling quickly mutated into panic.
  • Must remind you of the amazing feelings in Dark Souls, eh?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • If I had lost my money I probably would've called myself a cunt and dived back in having leaned the value of patience.  If it happened to me in a 3D game there's a good chance I'd still be despondently staring at the You Died screen.
  • Right, so now I’ve got
    Spoiler:

and
    Spoiler:

I decided to try and traverse the
    Spoiler:

I seem to be stuck about half way, is it worth persevering? Not sure I can get back without sacrificing my soul/2k of cash.
  • Might be worth spending the money first, to be on the safe side.  Can't remember what the reward is, but I'm pretty sure there's a dead end too (for now).
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    All the best things are free - persevere through the vine tunnel, with all the downward slashing riding/crystal dashing that entails, and you'll get your reward. For free, yes.
  • Balls. Might be just as hard to get back from where I’ve got to.
  • There's a shortcut back I think, or at least a far easier route.  You just have to focus on making it from right to left.  Don't quote me on that though.  Gah my memory is terrible.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I decided to try and traverse the
    Spoiler:
    I seem to be stuck about half way, is it worth persevering? Not sure I can get back without sacrificing my soul/2k of cash.

If it's the one I'm thinking of (bottom left) then there's a shortcut back at the end, and something useful, but not essential.

It's also much easier once you have another ability, so it might be worth sacking it for now and trying later.  (Though it can be done with what you have - I'll warn you that it also gets harder as you go along.)
  • Right, kids are in nursery this aft so I'm gonna sit next to the freezer with the door open and blast through.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    You can do it.
  • Smashed it. Had been trying to pogo the shell things, was easier just to cancel the dash before the spikes.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Smashed it. Had been trying to pogo the shell things, was easier just to cancel the dash before the spikes.

Yup, that's how I did it.
  • Oh man, just went back to the forgotten crossroads, it’s not a happy place!
  • Found something similarly tricky in
    Spoiler:

Time to get back in the freezer.
  • Boom! Job done. Everything in the freezer’s thawed out though. Great area this, maybe not one to explore before bed. Spider cunts!

Sound design on this game is amazing, from slight variations in the background music to careful use of silence, the way tension is built is brilliant. The effects as well! Suddenly I’m hearing the tippy tap of a spider in the darkness, fuck knows where that came from!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!