Hollow Knight - the first one, Tempy is forgiven
  • Bit more time on this today.  Finally decided to go back and attempt the 
    Spoiler:
    after meeting them fairly early on.  Thought I was still underpowered but turns out I was just being shit.  Won fairly easily once I got my act together.

Initially underwhelmed at the seeming lack of reward but
    Spoiler:

Not sure where to go next now though...
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Not sure where to go next now though...

This is where I am too.
  • I picked this up again for a quick bout last night.  I had planned to finally go and battle the end boss, but stumbled upon...
    Spoiler:
    so now I'm right back in there.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    That's where I am. Need to finish that bit off for that sweet max completion number in the credits.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I’m reading books rather than playing this on holiday. Think I prefer quiet me time rather than playing while keeping eye on kids.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I still can’t stop playing this (50 hours in), at the last boss but still pissing about checking stuff out
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think I must be malfunctioning, as this is getting on my tits more and more. Pixel perfect jumping coupled with fiddly controls, stinking combo.
  • I can't remember the controls being fiddly or complicated. Pogo maybe.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • That sounds snarky. What's fiddly? I can't recall it having that many buttons. Genuine question.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:

Agree that nail art with the button setup is fiddly.

That whole section is a complete arse - and easily the worst - but there are things you can find to make the first half easier, and a much simpler way to pull off the second bit.
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I did the second spoiler, but still had to pogo the last bit. I mean even that last bit was just a shitty prank, here's your last obstacle, the thing you've been using the entire run will now get you killed and force a restart. Cool.
  • I did the second spoiler, but still had to pogo the last bit. I mean even that last bit was just a shitty prank, here's your last obstacle, the thing you've been using the entire run will now get you killed and force a restart. Cool.

Yeah, it's kind of cheap.  As I say, there's stuff that can help.  I gave up on that section like the dirty quitter that I am, and came back much later in the game, when it was easier.

(Which is how I've played a lot of it.)
  • Agree that is a terrible section - left it for ages

• I really liked that part, I wish there were a few more like it.  My favourite bits in Ori were the escape sections though - it's nice to have bottlenecks that stand out as particularly satisfying to beat.

I was trying to think of complaints the other day, and the only one I could really think of is that by the time you've upgraded your 
    Spoiler:
    a couple of times the bosses start to lack a bit of the cat & mouse calculation that was necessary early on, as getting in and spamming becomes a pretty viable option.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Pogoing and fiddly bits are just a few minor gripes adding up to a feeling that I just can't be arsed any more. Dead ends everywhere, and the fact that I'm not playing the game outside of quiet moments (and some not very quiet raging storms like last night) up the caravan mean I'm forgetting why that bit on the map was a dead end in the first place so I'm wasting time getting there only to have to about face and head somewhere else. Not the game's fault by any measure, but it's putting me off.

Remember the excellent map from the DS Zelda? Where you could put notes on it and stuff? I need that.
  • You can stick pins in it (which bizarrely you have to buy), but I only bothered marking one spot once I realised you can't add notes.  If I could have a chat with myself as I was about to embark on the quest I'd probably say it's dangerous to go alone take this notepad.
  • Had a few blasts of the final boss, reckon I can take him with a bit more practice
    Once he is done I am ready to park the game after 5 weeks of playing with all my free time, then back for the dlc

• All done, 85% in 52 hours
    I havent enjoyed a game as much as this since Dark souks 3

• Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I'm sitting at 105%, the only things I haven't done are Nightmare Grimm, last stage of the Colosseum and the final boss. But I feel completely burned out. Don't have a single jump dash left in me.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • All done, 85% in 52 hours I havent enjoyed a game as much as this since Dark souks 3

Fucking hate them. Just the other day, we had to walk through a winding maze like place just to get out of Borobudur Temple grounds. Didn’t wanna buy anything at all but we were getting harassed by shopkeepers. Did enjoy a magnificent coconut at the end though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Weird how I should be all over this with all the praise going about over here and what kinda game it is but there's something about it that stops me hitting buy.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Had a long session on it last night,
    Spoiler:
  • Weird how I should be all over this with all the praise going about over here and what kinda game it is but there's something about it that stops me hitting buy.

It can't be the price, £10.99 is as bargainous as it gets.
  • Oh, definitely. Maybe it's my fear of aphids?..
  • Finally found an important area, was hidden in a bit I'd already been to.  A bit annoying actually.
    Spoiler:
    So I think I did everything there, feels like some good progress made.  Found myself in the
    Spoiler:
    Any tips for decent charm combos for the second part?
  • I haven't tried the second part yet, it's on my to-do list.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Finally found an important area, was hidden in a bit I'd already been to.  A bit annoying actually.
    Spoiler:
    So I think I did everything there, feels like some good progress made.  Found myself in the
    Spoiler:
    Any tips for decent charm combos for the second part?

I just rolled with Fragile Strength, Mark of Pride, Grubsong, Steady Body and whatever else I could fit.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • It’s a frustrating one cos it doesn’t look too hard, but I keep getting shafted. Had about ten goes, a few different mixes. Didn’t go well so I’ve gone adventuring again. Found another new bit and got an ability upgrade so I’ll see if I can get a few more beef-ups then try again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!