Which ailments currently beplague you
  • I just coughed while drinking coffee and it squirted out my nose and now my nose hurts and everything smells of coffee.

Some of us have real problems.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's almost as bad as getting whisky in your peeper.

Almost
  • These guys dont know our suffering.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've got a cold, it's really bad. I think I'm dying.
  • In some better news (for me at least), my chronic nasal congestion is finally on the mend.

Was a long covid thing from about 2.5 years ago, was using Sudafed type sprays for ages, phoned the docs, they said that’s fine, crack on (turns out, for some reason, he thought I was on the prescription steroid version or something).

So I did, not finding out about rebound congestion until about a year ago. I’ve been trying to wean myself off ever since, and only just had any success. Managed to sort one nostril out, but every time I tried the other, I’d wake up in the night gasping. Had three nights with no decongestants now though, so fingers crossed I’m in the clear.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Shoulda just snorted coffee m8
  • Can confirm 0% congestion.
  • acemuzzy wrote:

I was but it was decaf.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

I was but it was decaf.

He tried to snort some decaf,
    But his nose said no no, no
  • Yes it was black, but when I breathed back
    Blocked nose, nose, nose

I didn’t try saline
    But The Daddy now is fine…
  • The Daddy wrote:
    In some better news (for me at least), my chronic nasal congestion is finally on the mend.

Was a long covid thing from about 2.5 years ago, was using Sudafed type sprays for ages, phoned the docs, they said that’s fine, crack on (turns out, for some reason, he thought I was on the prescription steroid version or something).

So I did, not finding out about rebound congestion until about a year ago. I’ve been trying to wean myself off ever since, and only just had any success. Managed to sort one nostril out, but every time I tried the other, I’d wake up in the night gasping. Had three nights with no decongestants now though, so fingers crossed I’m in the clear.

Aye, those Sudafed sprays will totally fuck your sinuses if you use them for more than a few days.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just nipped out to the shop for milk. Cold as fuck out. Got back drenched in sweat, not had that since first Covid. This virus is a cunt.
  • So I've got something. No idea if it's Covid or not, because my tests are out of date, and aren't even triggering the control line. Been getting steadily worse all week, but did at least find the ibuprofen I thought I'd lost last night.
  • Get well soon, dude.  What are your main symptoms?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So I've got something. No idea if it's Covid or not, because my tests are out of date, and aren't even triggering the control line. Been getting steadily worse all week, but did at least find the ibuprofen I thought I'd lost last night.

Kinda same trajectory I had mate and still rough now over three weeks later. Fingers crossed its not the same bug as it floored me.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Get well soon, dude.  What are your main symptoms?

Headache. Top of head and forehead hot. Nose bunged up, been blowing it all day but still feel congested. General feeling of exhaustion. Legs aching. Frequent trips to the toilet. So could be anything basically.
    So I've got something. No idea if it's Covid or not, because my tests are out of date, and aren't even triggering the control line. Been getting steadily worse all week, but did at least find the ibuprofen I thought I'd lost last night.
    Kinda same trajectory I had mate and still rough now over three weeks later. Fingers crossed its not the same bug as it floored me.

I do seem to have caught it in Manchester...
  • I do seem to have caught it in Manchester...

Oh, for fuck’s sake. I’m just starting to feel a bit healthier again and now I have to go to Manchester tomorrow.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sorry lads
  • Divine intervention - they asked if anyone wanted an early finish, so I am now in bed.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Heh. Doc is going to give me another course of anti-biotics. Have to knock the HiiT on the head. If no better then it's ultrasound time.

The mild ball ache is still there. Not worse but not better either. Still waiting on an ultrasound appointment on NHS.

Have decided to go to the dark side and go private. We have a health plan we pay into and it turns out it will cover it. Have submitted the GP referral and my private health details just last week - will see what happens.

FOr info - It would be £389 for the scan if I didn't have cover.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Heh. Doc is going to give me another course of anti-biotics. Have to knock the HiiT on the head. If no better then it's ultrasound time.

The mild ball ache is still there. Not worse but not better either. Still waiting on an ultrasound appointment on NHS.

Have decided to go to the dark side and go private. We have a health plan we pay into and it turns out it will cover it. Have submitted the GP referral and my private health details just last week - will see what happens.

FOr info - It would be £389 for the scan if I didn't have cover.

I had ball aches for a while and it turned out to be a varicocele - and the “treatment” was basically…keep it monitored, nothing to worry about now.

Getting an ultrasound on my balls was weird though.
  • I think it feels really neat.
  • Getting an ultrasound on my balls was weird though.

I think we both know that's not the weirdest thing your balls have been involved in.
  • I proper threw up at work last night. Guessing dinner didn't agree with me. Felt queasy and then half an hour before my relief would get me I was like nah this is getting worse. Manager tried to wake the guy but it was too late, had to run off, spewed into my hand a little on the way out of the ops room and then didn't quite make it to the toilet where I fully Exorcisted into my hand in the cubicle which caused it to explode all over the cubicle walls as well as up and all over my face.

Was fucking disgusting. Then proceeded some of the most uncomfortable tummy aches ever as my body continue to purge itself all night from both ends...

I've got no energy now but at least the explosive vomiting and diarrhoea has stopped for now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Christ. Plenty of water when you can keep it down, you'll be reet
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Grim
  • I read that the lapse in standards that food now has here, compared to the rest or Europe (look out for "not for EU" printed on foods in the supermarket) has led to a huge amount of food poisoning cases since Brexit.
  • Another Brexit Benefit!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • So burning water from the kettle, when poured directly over your bare exposed skin on your arm, really fucking hurts
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!