Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    But if it's a private clinic they will charge. If you go from a doctors referral they will charge the NHS. Is that not how it works?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Aaahh, that makes sense. I guess I always went to an NHS clinic
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Popped in to the docs on the way home, and they said that there isn't a charge, so it looks like the cheeky bastards are trying to put me through private.

I'll be calling another surgery tomorrow.
  • So a different surgery, which I asked up front if it was NHS services has got me an earlier appointment.

Result.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yay, snide bastards sometimes, this has reminded me that the dentists didn't bother with my referral to Kings College for my wisdom teeth, need to kick their arse next week, I bet they're hoping I'll pay for another check up before they do it, snide bastards
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • So a different surgery, which I asked up front if it was NHS services has got me an earlier appointment. Result.

Good.  No surgery should be charging for ear syringing.  (Or sick notes.) 

Also remember to soften it up with olive oil for about 3 days before hand.  (Get it from the chemist.  It's often enough to clear it without bothering with syringing at all, and it makes the syringing much easier and safer.)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    When I went for a medical checkup in university (it was requested by them for some reason - is that normal? It might have been before I want to the MOD for my year in industry - can't remember now) the doctor found my ears had a fair bit of wax when I mentioned my hearing not being the best.

He poured something into them and said to come back in a couple of days. Whatever he poured in made it a lot worse and I could hardly hear a thing. Had to sit up front in lectures!

Anyhow , went back at the apppointed time and the syringing was done in both ears. No charge or anything.

My hearing was super sensitive - sent me home with cotton wool in my ears and was told to take it out after a couple of hours.

Everything was incredibly loud. When I brushed my hand against my jumper it sounded like a rasp. The VCR operating sounded like some sort of light industrial machine. Amazing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Yay, snide bastards sometimes, this has reminded me that the dentists didn't bother with my referral to Kings College for my wisdom teeth, need to kick their arse next week, I bet they're hoping I'll pay for another check up before they do it, snide bastards

I don't even have a dentist. Fucked teeth krew.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yup, love having them syringed, feel like a superhero after, can hear ants crawling across a fields from 200 yds
  • Here's a ridiculous one for the thread...

Was in London last Friday for a meeting. Stayed the night before with a friend. Her toilet is completely useless at flushing anything away. Seriously, it struggles to clear a bladderful of piss and a single sheet of bog-roll. For that reason I decided not to unleash the massive shite I was harbouring that morning, figuring I'd drop it off at a cafe on the way to the meeting.

End up getting held up for various reasons so I don't manage to get to a toilet until right before the meeting. So I rush into a cubicle, un-do my belt and yank my jeans down. In doing so my left middle finger somehow manages to get tangled in a belt loop and gets bent violently in an unnatural direction. I knew right from the off I'd done some sort of damage but all I could do was soldier on. Wasn't massively painful but it was swelling and I couldn't move it properly. 

Cut to this morning and I decide I better go to the doctor as I still can't fully extend it and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I feel a bit embarrassed and imagine the doctor will tell me it'll be fine in a week but he immediately tells me it looks like I've torn tendons. He tells me to go to a&e where the likely outcome will be a splint for 6 weeks. If it doesn't heal after that I'll be looking at surgery.

So there we go. Tore tendons in my finger going for a shite.
  • *chuckle*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    and that's why I don't wipe
  • Yep, get some one else to do it for you.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Looks like I'm gonna need to for six weeks...
  • Do you have a pet dog....?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    toenail fungal infections.

Anyone know what to do?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Do you have a pet dog....?
    Yeah, but... eh...
  • davyK wrote:
    toenail fungal infections. Anyone know what to do?

Do you have a pet dog...?
  • davyK wrote:
    toenail fungal infections. Anyone know what to do?

Something you can get from Boots. I have a bottle from 7 years ago, should throw it away.
  • I can check when I get home. I got an ideation when doing marathon. Worked wonders.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Do you have a pet dog....?
    Yeah, but... eh...

Is it a baby labrador, because I've seen the adverts, that's what they're for
  • Sadly she's a cocker spaniel. However, those big, soft ears would be perfect...
  • Well turns out my GP was spot on. Snapped a tendon and took a bit of bone with it. I'm now in a finger splint for 6 weeks (possibly longer). What a fecking nuisance!

I have already checked if I can still hold a controller and thankfully that should be okay (phew).
  • davyK wrote:
    toenail fungal infections.

Anyone know what to do?

Go to the GP, they'll take a sample and possibly a blood test (liver function as the drugs can be tough on the liver apparently) and prescribe some turbinafine (sp?). Takes a while to kick in but works a treat. Finish the whole course though. I lost my last few tablets and the infection came back, my feet are rotten.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Had round two of the root canal work today.
    Was not expecting a blow torch to be involved.
  • A blow torch? In your mouth?

Fuck

That

Shit.
  • Luckily not in my mouth, just heating up metal to red hot then that going in my mouth, there was smoke coming from my teeth.
  • Oh, just a red hot poker in your gub? Oh, well that's fine.

Not a chance.
  • I totally zoned out at one point, think I may have even fallen asleep a bit.
  • Turns out that the drops cleared my ears, and I didn't need the syringing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!