Which ailments currently beplague you
  • Good news. You now have a plan if it happens again.
  • This is my second day off work with cramps, bloating and diarrhea. 

My poor beautiful behind:

giphy.gif
  • I still would.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    This is my second day off work with cramps, bloating and diarrhea. 

My poor beautiful behind:

giphy.gif

Get to the doctors tomorrow if it's not sorted.
  • Had round two of the root canal work today. Was not expecting a blow torch to be involved.

In the mouth, they use some bright blue light torch thing, don't they? Only needs a few seconds to settle fillings etc
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I have had the blue torch before.
    This was full on red hot prong.

It was hard to tell exactly but I think the process involved wedging a series of silver pins into the tooth then using the prong to melt them deep into the tooth. No amount of blue light is gonna do that.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I think those are what they use to fill your root canals once it's all been cleaned out. They are pushed in to the bottom of the canal, cut to size and then sealed. Guessing it stops any of the filling or infection getting in.

Techniques seem to vary by dentist slightly, and certainly between NHS and private.

Could be wrong on some of that but I've had more experience with root canals than I care to remember so just going on that.
  • I think you are pretty spot on there Cosby.
    I imagine there are other, less alarming ways of doing it but I'm fairly chill at the dentist so they probably thought it fine.
  • I'm one week into six weeks of having this daft finger splint on to sort my torn tendon. It's just totally frustrating and inconvenient more than anything. Yesterday I managed to get chocolate dust on it from a cappuccino that ended up looking like a smear of shite after an unsuccessful arse wipe.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    @Live Yeah, the tools dentists use are somewhat intimidating - especially combined with the noises drills make, so that alone can put you on edge.

One of my old dentists had that poster of every Simpsons character ever on the ceiling above the chair, which was genius. I'd focus on looking for certain characters or groups of characters and it really helped me relax.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    I'm one week into six weeks of having this daft finger splint on to sort my torn tendon. It's just totally frustrating and inconvenient more than anything. Yesterday I managed to get chocolate dust on it from a cappuccino that ended up looking like a smear of shite after an unsuccessful arse wipe.

Ha! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but that got me.
  • Just woken up to severe stomach cramps and diorrehea. Mrs Dino is fine though. We did go to a wedding Saturday night, food seemed fine. Yesterday other than usual breakkie had a portion of fish n chips for dinner. Gotta be the wedding food with a delay?!?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think you get a delay with food poisoning.
  • Food poisoning shows up within 12hrs max dunnit?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Depends on the variety. Can take days to kick in.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Scout wrote:
    I'm one week into six weeks of having this daft finger splint on to sort my torn tendon. It's just totally frustrating and inconvenient more than anything. Yesterday I managed to get chocolate dust on it from a cappuccino that ended up looking like a smear of shite after an unsuccessful arse wipe.

Middle finger?
  • Ha, no worries Cosby. And yes, Griff, middle finger.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Dino, was it a finger buffet?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • No it was various dishes served at the table. Thing is wife and parent in law are all fine. Symptoms are reducing slightly, stomach still hurts and alot of lower back pain. Which can happen as body gets signals messed up when you have a bad stomach apparently (google said).

Weird thing is I've gone from diarrhoea to being constipated now. Stomach still smoldering away. Mrs Dino, knew it was serious when I missed my swim class this evening. According to her ".. I never miss a swim class. You must be ill.." errhhhh no shit hon, thanks for believing me. Women.
  • Scout wrote:
    Ha, no worries Cosby. And yes, Griff, middle finger.

Did you least get it set to finger blast?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Heh, the finger buffet was an elude to Scout gatecrashing the wedding ;)

The constipation could be you being low on fluids so I'd keep hydrated.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • So. As is typical of me, instead of a rare mutation causing my body to renew itself at a cellular level at an infinitely accelerated rate causing me to live forever, I missed the mark only slightly and I have cancer.

At this time, I'm not quite sure of the exact kind and type (to be honest, none of the choices I have been provided with are awesome) but it is generally a full English breakfast of a cancer, a full plate, replete with a little ramekin of beans on the side and some toast. Unfortunately, whichever one I do have has no particular symptoms of its own, rather, it grows and presses on things, causes discomfort and then spreads silently. This means it can become quite advanced before it is found and treatment starts.

(Although, to look on the bright side, but for a series of fortunate coincidences this may not have been discovered at all, which means it could have been massively advanced and untreatable.)

So, whilst I'm still going through tests and biopsies at the moment, I do know that chemotherapy is on the cards (what kind at the moment depends upon the type) and then potentially surgery (because you know, why not).

Anyhow, that's enough of the downside. On the positive side, I am very fortunate to have private health cover, so no need to clog up the NHS with my particular brand of funky cells (note: there is nothing at all wrong with the treatment available on the NHS, indeed, I would be seen by the same doctors and consultants, I just get a slightly better bed, WiFi and better food). I'm also going to get a chance to actually play some games for a change (although this may become a little difficult if I end up as an in patient), I can't wait to catch up on the last 18 months of stuff and who knows, I may actually get into Destiny 2 (great quote there, Destiny 2, better than reoccurring germ cell tumours).

I gave up smoking and vaping a few years ago as well. Bugger, that seems like a waste of willpower now.
  • Fuck, that's awful.
  • Fucking hell.
    That is awful news Mostly.

Try to stay positive while you are having the checks. Keep strong man.
  • It could be worse. It could be someone else :)

I'm OK, thanks guys. I forgot to say, I had this 22 years ago. Beat it once. Would have preferred not to have another go, but why not.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Aww shit, glad you're focusing on the positives, early diagnosis, already beaten it once so you've got form, comfier bed

Thinking of you
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Fucking hell mate. And Chemo? That's awful.

You'll lose that hair.
  • Shit, that's awful news M0stly. Thinking of you.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You can do it Mostly. Also, get a Switch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!