ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha, I knew it would be me, but had to re read the post six times to find it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • My left eye will not stop vibrating.
    Looked up the causes.

Tiredness
    Caffeine
    Alcohol
    Stress
    Eye strain
    Dry eyes
    Allergies
    Nutritional Imbalance

All of the above.
  • NHS mate.
    A wisdom tooth will be band 3, so around 200 quid but for that they can do all 4 and anything else you need as it is priced per session.
    Try these guys 5 minutes walk from Streatham Common station or Streatham station.
    http://www.119dental.co.uk
    They were brilliant with me when I needed stuff done.

You need to get that sorted though, if it is infected you run the risk of a blood infection which is serious stuff.

I had two wisdom teeth partially impacted removed on NHS for around £200. Depending on the work you may need a day or two off after as they will have you on strong painkillers.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My left eye will not stop vibrating.

That happens to me fairly often. Annoying but goes away by itself. Can stay for a few weeks though. Once I had it in both eyes at the same time, nearly went nuts.

• My eyes have been twitchy as fuck the last two weeks. I think I tick everything on Liv's list, hopefully the impending Easter hold will help. Impending 2nd child might not.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Think I may have given myself carpel tunnel syndrome from gripping paint rollers too tight/hard for 8+hrs a day last weekend. Middle, ring and little fingers on both hands been achey since, and for the first few days afterwards I'd wake up with stiff/painful hands. Pain isn't bad or debilitating so that's okay, but I'm concerned at how long this may take to bugger off.

Maybe it's just a strain or something.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dunno man, sounds terminal.
  • They're gonna take my hands!
  • My tooth is absolutely killing me.
    It is about 60% filling and I was warned it may need root canal at some point. Over the weekend something has happened, feels like the filling has detached and is prodding the nerve.

A few times I thought I was going to pass out with spikes of pain. Never had toothache like this before.
    Hopefully I will be able to get an emergency appointment tomorrow.

I don't give a fuck what they do right now just need this thing out of my face.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is it out?
  • The dentist drilled out the old filling and down one root, applied some magic serum and pasted another filling over it as a temporary fix.

As suspected the filling had come away from the tooth and was sitting on the nerve, hence agonising pain.
    I have a course of antibiotics then I am looking at root canal or more liking removal.

It is the big old molar second in from the wisdom tooth and over half of it is already filling. It shattered about a decade ago but I got it fixed at a shitey dentist as I wasn't registered anywhere, they removed way too much good tooth at the time then recommended nearly £2k of further work needed, most of which 3 other dentists since haven't mentioned. 

The thought of losing a tooth is kind of scary but this thing has been a cause of so much pain over the last decade that I might just opt for it. It won't be visible anyway most of the time.
  • I had my LR6 done last year. Toothache was worst ever pain I had known. Shattered in early 90s, old filling gone bad, had to have a 4 hour re-root canal treatment at Eastmans. Then go back for another 3 hour session. Would've cost £800 private but I managed to get a pretty quick appointment on NHS. £2k is billocks. I now have better contemporary style filling and a cap/crown that looks pretty much like my own tooth (which I got done private for £250).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • UL6 is going the same way. Had pain over weekend but not severe. I better get that one done too on NHS.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've had five teeth out, if they're not visible it's all good.
  • That sounds horrific Elf.

Yeah DS, think I may go that route. My Dad has had the exact same tooth out and I have never noticed it.
  • I've had a couple of root canals. Not pleasant but not too bad either once you're numbed the fuck up. I had a big cracked open tooth recently and was quoted hundreds to get it filled or crowned. Ended up going to a dentist in Spain and got it filled for about €30.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Had to go an emergency dentist a couple of years back, one of my teeth had no centre to it at all. Was just an outer shell with nothing inside it. Was given the option of saving it across multiple procedures, or just ripping it out. You can have that bad boy, Mr. Dentist.
  • I've had a root canal too. Not as cheap here in Australia. Fairly painful too but glad to have it done. I think something will need to be done to that tooth again too.
  • Looking at the prices at this practice it will be £380 private or about £200 on the NHS as it falls under the top category.

Yesterday's patch up cost the flat 20 quid rate and it is the best chalice I have spent in a long time.
  • I had an emergency root canal a few years back. Cost £460, had to pay 50% straight away then 50% on completion. Receptionist said "for the first treatment, that'll be two thirty". I asked if she was taking the piss. Nope.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    I had an emergency root canal a few years back. Cost £460, had to pay 50% straight away then 50% on completion. Receptionist said "for the first treatment, that'll be two thirty". I asked if she was taking the piss. Nope.

Shit like this was why I've been carrying my wisdom teeth for over a decade, bearing the pain instead. Despite what I thought was good news on this front the other week, it seems that they haven't actually bothered to send my referral on to the hospital, so after being all excited I'm suddenly still waiting, £56 out of pocket, and no further along the chain to get these buggers out
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    I had an emergency root canal a few years back. Cost £460, had to pay 50% straight away then 50% on completion. Receptionist said "for the first treatment, that'll be two thirty". I asked if she was taking the piss. Nope.

Shit like this was why I've been carrying my wisdom teeth for over a decade, bearing the pain instead. Despite what I thought was good news on this front the other week, it seems that they haven't actually bothered to send my referral on to the hospital, so after being all excited I'm suddenly still waiting, £56 out of pocket, and no further along the chain to get these buggers out

Cheeky receptionist jokes stopped you?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I still don't understand why dental treatment is not the same as any other medical procedure. The dentists must of had a good fucking lobbyist.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A trainee removed all of my wizzos about ten years ago. Horrible business. But besides the weird feeling of emptiness, everything was okay a couple of days later.

My speech had to adapt, and I kept banging my front teeth together for a while due to the lack of semi-protruding rears as stoppers.
  • Motherfucker fucking motherfucking gout, again.

Diclofenic and codeine for me today.
    Can-of-sprite
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I still don't understand why dental treatment is not the same as any other medical procedure. The dentists must of had a good fucking lobbyist.

That's the bit I've never understood, vanity treatments available on the nhs, breast augmentation, septoplasty etc, yet something that causes demonstrable pain can't get done. I know there are issue surrounding insurance with doctors and liability but it's a crazy world

Ouch sorry Skade, a friend suffers terribly, wouldn't wish it on anyone
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Wearing glasses for the first time in my life today. Fuck me it feels weird. It's like going from a CRT TV to HD but my depth of field is seriously fucked up. Tables look slanted when I'm stood above them, and walking is messing with my head.

I've been frantically reading various accounts online and it seems this is normal and my brain will adjust, but man is it weird. Hurry up brain.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Heh, I still remember first time I got on my bicycle after getting glasses. That was weird. All changed again when going for contacts.

It's nice to be able to read the road signs though, and not having to ask someone if that's the exit we need.
  • I got glasses when I was 17 or so then stopped wearing them almost immediately. I'm 37 now and still able to struggle on, am I doing myself any actual damage by not wearing any?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!