Which ailments currently beplague you
  • I had one recently that just wouldn't go away for weeks. Bonjela sorted it out in a matter of days.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • FFs. 

Canker sores.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    Canker sores/mouth ulcers. Anyone else get these regularly, and if so any recommendations? I get them constantly, I have a cluster of 3 of the cunts inside my bottom lip and I can't eat anything. There seems to be conflicting info about what causes them so I'm at a loss what to eat less/more of.

Bonjela
  • Vitamin C too, 1000mg.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I found Corsodyl helps. If you're prone to them like I was it helps keep them at bay, before using that I'd get one from the merest graze from a tooth. Bonjela right before bed once one has already flared up, I found it useless any other time as it would rub off. Or I'd lick at it like an idiot.

Can't remember the name of that red liquid you apply with a cotton bud, it stings like fuck and didn't seem to provide any benefit at all, so steer clear of that.

Best of luck Moe, they're a blight.
  • My dad has suffered from ankylosing spondylitis for many years now, which kinda sucks. Unfortunately, as soon as my brothers hit 30 they all started suffering issues with their backs which may or may not be related.

Now it seems the same thing has happened to me. I get about 3-4 hours sleep at night before waking up with terrible back pain, so I have to go and switch to a chair and sleep in that for the remainder. I haven't had an undisturbed nights rest in a couple of months now.

I tried massages, stretching before I sleep, heat pads etc but no dice. Sucks, obviously, but it could be worse.
  • Oh dear that sounds bad and unpleasant. I've not been getting good/full sleep for a while and I hate it (randomly wake up early morning and can't go back to sleep. Seems to be no reason) So I totally sympathise. 

Would seeing an osteopath help???
  • Tried yoga?

I wanna give that a go, aye. Local gym has yoga classes, so we'll see if that helps.
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Oh dear that sounds bad and unpleasant. I've not been getting good/full sleep for a while and I hate it (randomly wake up early morning and can't go back to sleep. Seems to be no reason) So I totally sympathise. 

Would seeing an osteopath help???

That's another thing on the list. Right now I'm managing it ok, but I'll deffo be getting professional help before too long. Unfortunately, if it is confirmed as the same as my dad, then it's all about management, rather than cure. Kinda terrified to go, tbh.
  • R.e. sleeping with back pain: the pain I get lives in my lower back, occasionally shoots down my left leg. Found that if I lay on my back with one leg straight and the other folded under it (my left ankle under my right knee) I got to sleep quicker.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Lie on your side with a decent pillow between your knees, helps maintain a more stable posture.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret once again trying to rationalise his dakimakura
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    STABLE POSTURE
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Tried yoga?
    I wanna give that a go, aye. Local gym has yoga classes, so we'll see if that helps.

Definitely do it. Chris Jericho had a herniated disc, and thought he was going to have to retire, being in constant pain. He couldn't bend over, and it hurt even to sneeze. He started doing yoga and and not only is he now free of pain, but he says he feels better than he ever has.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    R.e. sleeping with back pain: the pain I get lives in my lower back, occasionally shoots down my left leg. Found that if I lay on my back with one leg straight and the other folded under it (my left ankle under my right knee) I got to sleep quicker.

This is exactly how I cope with my back pain at night also.

Can-of-sprite
  • Can't remember the name of that red liquid you apply with a cotton bud, it stings like fuck and didn't seem to provide any benefit at all, so steer clear of that. Best of luck Moe, they're a blight.

TCP?

I have a small recurring sore right at the back, just behind UR wisdom. Gonna have to Bonjela it tonight. Might start using more mouthwash but I hate the taste and fizziness.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Lie on your side with a decent pillow between your knees, helps maintain a more stable posture.
    Feels nice, too.
  • Have had a heavy cold, bordering on flu since Friday night, so weak I cant stand up for long and walk around. Not been to work for past two days. Unless I am miraculously better by tomorrow morning that will be three sick days. I'm gonna get in trouble with HR when I get back.

Had 12 sick days last year, for a variety of reasons.

HR said I can have three sick days between January and July. This cold is gonna take up all three. Bollocks. Can't have a single sick day now after this till July. :(
  • That all sounds highly illegal to me. Anyone care to chime in on this?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • When is your official year start and end?
  • What are HR threatening Dino?
    Can-of-sprite
  • January to January, it's HR policy I've seen the documents.

Last warning I think if I take more than 3 sick days between January and July.

Its annoying because if your sick your sick. Worrying about sick days doesn't help you get better. Besides I commute into London, and people are coughing and sneezing on the trains so what can you do?
  • What does your contract say about sick day entitlement?
  • Dunno Liveinadive, I'll have a look when I get back to work. Hopefully it will all be OK. Guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself, cause I can't shake this cold. (when I'm off sick and I don't want to play videogames, I know it's bad).
  • 15 days is a bit shit for a last warning especially with circumstances as you have described.

I'm currently battling my HR over changes they want to make to my teams sick/emergency leave, it seems businesses are being a bit unreasonable at present.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Hhhhmm, that's a bit tight.

We do 3 casual sicknesses, then an informal discussion, with targets set. Then, 3 more, first written. 3 more, final written, then 3 more would lead to dismissal, provided you'd met the targets that were set. Can escalate it if we can say there's an accumulation.

I'd ask for clarification from hr. Sounds like some of your sicknesses were entirely out of your control, were more bereavements than sicknesses. Also, if you've been signed off by a doctor, that shouldn't really be counted with any casual sicknesses. Casual to me is the usual sickness and diahorreah, wee one day sickies.

All our absence policies are based on ACAS guidelines, most employers should be basing theirs on them as well.

There may be a clause limiting the amount of sick pay you can get (think I'm veering pretty close to mine just now), but nobody can say they're going to have 100% attendance.

Another option is ask to use any annual leave you've accrued instead of just being marked sick; that's win win for you and your company. You'll get full pay, they don't have to fanny about processing SSP, or chase you to use up your annual leave st the end of the business year.

Let us know how you get on.

Oh, and get well soon and all that jive.......
  • Just had norovirus. Second day off work tomorrow
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    https://www.unison.org.uk/get-help/knowledge/leave/sick-leave/
    Extended or frequent periods of sick leave

If you are on sick leave for four or more periods of four to seven days in a single year...

12 days total means you're definitely short of that. Sounds like bullshit. The government page talks about seven days in a row not over the course of a fucking year.
  • @MK
    Nasty. My sister in law had that just after xmas. They had to drive back from Edinburgh to Milton Keynes with it as well, my brother did the driving but I don't know how she made it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!