Which ailments currently beplague you
  • Ah that sucks Jon. Hope it all works out.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Erm from the size is be very surprised if you passed it. Can you imagine that fucker making its way down your toot-toot!?
    The OP sounds like a blessing disguise.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I think I managed to hurt myself from coughing. It's very difficult to find a position I can actually sleep in, and it's also given me a sore throat which hurts when I swallow. Painkillers are touching none of this.

Then I'll get comfortable, and a tickley cough will start which ends with me choking so I have to get up.

Fuck illness.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sucking a Boots/Superdrug catarrh pastille just before bed helped me Dante.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Somehow tweaked my back while sleeping on Tuesday and have barely been able to walk since, this happened a few months ago but it got better after about 5 days. I originally injured my back lifting something at work years ago but I've never seen anyone about it, I think I will when it's better this time.
  • NHS make me so angry at times. Back in early November a shelf full of plates dropped on to my wrist and forearm. Been having pain ever since. Went to A&E as the pain wasn't going away and got told they wouldn't take an xray. So next day went to doctors who sent me to A&E for an xray.
    No break found. Then had to wait to get another doctor appointment so I could get a referral to hospital to find out what was going on with my wrist and forearm. In the meantime have been wearing a splint. Also taking painkillers and using deep heat gel.

So finally go to hospital, doctor referred me to fracture clinic. See first doctor, explain the issues. He makes me do some exercises with my hand and wrist. He goes away to speak to a consultant. In the meantime while he's away I develop a headache. I've been getting headaches and bouts of nausea ever since I hurt my wrist originally.

A condescending cock of a eastern european consultant comes in. Does some checks again and says there's nothing wrong with my wrist or forearm. That I should take ibuprofen and deep heat regularly. Stuff I've already been doing.

Then I explain the link to my wrist and headaches and he doesn't believe me. "it's not possible there is no link", "it's coincidence", "you must have high blood pressure". "Theres nothing we can do for you". "You don't need physiotherapy". "you're a man live with the pain".

Brilliant. Completely and utterly useless. Afterwards I do a quick Google and guess what I find, a clinical study which has found a link between the symptoms I have and headaches from back in 2015. I wish I'd had found that before the hospital appointment.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150323130853.htm

So I'm back to square one. Treat myself with some natural remedies and some cold compression etc. Honestly, the NHS is a fecking mess.
  • Those fucking eastern Europeans eh
  • A British doctor would have given him a good old cocaine suppository and a ball of opium to be getting on with.
  • I understand why you’re unhappy, Dino, but what I take from that is that the consultant has been too busy (overworked) to read a paper on an unlikely-seeming link.

Because they’re so under pressure, A&E have to impose strict rules about who they treat. Injuries no more than 48 hours old. If you’ve lived with it for a while, you can wait to see your GP while they deal with emergencies.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fell down the stairs yesterday (not arse over tit thankfully, more a slip). I appeared to have stopped my bumpy slide down by wedging my little toe against the banister spindle.

It fucking knacks, it's purple and about twice the size it should be. Now that's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good in the jungle!
  • Get to the chiropa!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    jesus christ
  • I can barely walk still, I can’t imagine how anyone copes with this on a permanent basis.
  • Fell down the stairs yesterday (not arse over tit thankfully, more a slip). I appeared to have stopped my bumpy slide down by wedging my little toe against the banister spindle. It fucking knacks, it's purple and about twice the size it should be. Now that's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good in the jungle!

Late last year, my sister-in-law slipped on a wet bathroom floor in her hotel room. She broke her fall by wedging a reinforced glass shower guard between two of her toes, which put a good inch long split up the middle of her foot.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Late last year, my sister-in-law slipped on a wet bathroom floor in her hotel room. She broke her fall by wedging a reinforced glass shower guard between two of her toes, which put a good inch long split up the middle of her foot.

Holy fuck. My whole body winced at the thought of that.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I can barely walk still, I can’t imagine how anyone copes with this on a permanent basis.

My back just went randomly. It's excruciatingly painful. I can only walk like an invalid.

You have my sympathies. I think I need to work on my core before it's too late. If you're sitting in front of a screen for a living back issues are a high risk activity
  • legaldinho wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    I can barely walk still, I can’t imagine how anyone copes with this on a permanent basis.
    My back just went randomly. It's excruciatingly painful. I can only walk like an invalid. You have my sympathies. I think I need to work on my core before it's too late. If you're sitting in front of a screen for a living back issues are a high risk activity

Sorry you've both had back problems, I can sympathise.  My wife's back went out at work about 18 months ago.  She was bending down to look into some kid's ear, then excruciating pain and she passed out.  She spent about 3 days in which any significant movement caused agony and/or blackouts.  (Her disc didn't so much prolapse, as explode.)  To put it in perspective, this is a woman who didn't require any pain relief at all during childbirth.    She's now a hell of a lot better than she was (though still gets a kind of constant background ache, and numbness in one leg).  She's stopped working at least partly because of it.

So, yeah, anyone with niggling back pain, I strongly recommend getting some physio, and working on your back, before it does anything too dramatic...
  • Planks, errbody do planks. Better than nothing and piss easy no impact exercise.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • After months of nagging from my wife I'm going to see a physio about my back tomorrow.  Dunno what's wrong with it but I get occasional "twinges" (actually a sudden violent stabbing pain at the base of my spine) that on more than one occasion has almost caused me to collapse.  Typically happens if I make sudden movements in reaction to something I wasn't expecting, e.g. almost bumping in to someone coming through a doorway.  It's accompanied by a very difficult to describe sort of weakness - a feeling that my top half is balanced on a single, very unstable point at the base of my spine and that it could give out at any time.  I'm trying to figure out how to explain this to the physio. 

It might be nice to be able to put my socks on like a normal person too.
  • Trapped nerve mayber?
  • I had that about 15 years ago, which seemed to come in relation to getting out of bed. Then it just went. Fucker is probably saving up a really big one.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    After months of nagging from my wife I'm going to see a physio about my back tomorrow.  Dunno what's wrong with it but I get occasional "twinges" (actually a sudden violent stabbing pain at the base of my spine) that on more than one occasion has almost caused me to collapse.  Typically happens if I make sudden movements in reaction to something I wasn't expecting, e.g. almost bumping in to someone coming through a doorway.  It's accompanied by a very difficult to describe sort of weakness - a feeling that my top half is balanced on a single, very unstable point at the base of my spine and that it could give out at any time.  I'm trying to figure out how to explain this to the physio. 

It might be nice to be able to put my socks on like a normal person too.

Hope they get it sorted.

I haven't been able to put my right sock on properly for 30 years due to my dodgy hip. Have to lie on my side and do it unsighted behind my back. It's a tad annoying.
  • My back is pretty fucked too - working in HMV for a few years with no moving & handling training was the start of my problems. Then the whole having kids thing exacerbated it, picking them up as babies in the middle of the night whilst half asleep further is a recipe for torn muscles and my desk based career hasn’t exactly helped.

I’ve been mostly fine for a few years though, I think mainly due to the shoulder issues I have with my rotator cuff which has required physio and a course of steroid injections. The shoulder injury (which was excruciating - like someone stabbing you in the collar bone and yanking all of the veins out of your arm through the top of you shoulder) was caused by picking up a towel.

That’s settled a lot though, although I only have about 80% movement in it - which is fine as my gout is the main problems these days.

Ain’t life grand?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • My backs been moderately ok recently. Still tanking painkillers and anti inflammatories for it though. Hopefully figure out what to do with it this year.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm fine
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I can’t deadlift as much as I’d like to, my back is therefore also bad.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret wrote:
    I'm fine

Fuck off you cunt
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I can’t deadlift as much as I’d like to, my back is therefore also bad.
    Keep at it.
    legaldinho wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    I'm fine

Fuck off you cunt
    see someone about that anger issue too

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • My back seems a bit dodgy on and off as well. Think I need a new mattress for starters.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!