Which ailments currently beplague you
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The China Syndrome was on TV in the middle of the night. Some peak Jane Fonda viewing offered some solace between bouts.

I must actually see if I can catch the whole thing - looked rather good. A young Michael Douglas and Jack Lemmon too.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • A&E at 4am. Pain at the bit which the top of your thigh joints your abdomin. Excruciating painful to try to walk, can manage a few steps hunched over. After a few steps the pain is so bad it bring tears to my eyes. Trying to stand up is an ordeal. If I lie down I cant straighten my leg. Trying to turn in bed from once side to the other is so painful it takes 5mins with stops and starts. Cant kneel down. Putting socks on for the tax into go to A&E was a struggle. I don't like wasting time of the folk at A&E but I'm struggling just to get around the house without crying with pain. Really could do with a rest, some strong painkillers and the missus taking care of the baby tomorrow or should I say a few hours from now.
  • 4 hours later, a cocktail of drugs, crutches and told to contact my gp for a ultrasound. Potential torn muscle in groin again.
  • Too much horizontal dancing.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Mrs Dino will be able to get some rest at least.
  • Mrs Dino will be able to get some rest at least.

Lol. In all seriousness though. A&E said make an appointment with your doctor for an ultrasound of the area. Speak to doc on the phone, he says ultrasound of that area is dangerous due to high radiation. Sigh. It's an ultrasound doc, there is no radiation. Anyway gotta go see him tomorrow and I think he'll send me back to hospital for an xray or something.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Whilst we’re on allergy shit, my skin is the absolute fuck. Was fine until about 10 years ago and has just got gradually more rife with eczema. I’ve had two sessions of phototherapy in the last three years, it worked a treat but only lasted about 2 months after the treatment finished.

Desperate times have called for desperate measures and I’m now 5 days into the AIP protocol in which you exclude any potentially inflammatory foods for 30+ days to get it out of your system before gradually reintroducing stuff. Fingers crossed it works cos it’s a right ballache. I’ve lost half a stone though so getting lean as a bonus!

I know everyone reacts differently to foods, but did you hit on anything that was causing a reaction?

Re phototherapy, have you tried one of these? https://www.androv-medical.com/1000mx-psoriasis-uvb-lamp.html
    I use one on and off, but for some reason phototherapy has never worked as well for me as natural sunlight.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Didn't find anything specific as I wasn't very disciplined with the reintroduction phase.  There was definitely an improvement though, and things are just starting to get worse again now so might try again, or maybe a slightly less strict version cos I was starving all the time (and lost a stone, although that was quite good for the running).

Might give that uvb lamp a look, cheers, will be a while before I'm allowed the phototherapy again I think.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Speak to doc on the phone, he says ultrasound of that area is dangerous due to high radiation. Sigh. It's an ultrasound doc, there is no radiation. Anyway gotta go see him tomorrow and I think he'll send me back to hospital for an xray or something.

Your doctor sounds mental.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • He's a big comic fan, worried about turning him into the Hulk.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Didn't find anything specific as I wasn't very disciplined with the reintroduction phase.  There was definitely an improvement though, and things are just starting to get worse again now so might try again, or maybe a slightly less strict version cos I was starving all the time (and lost a stone, although that was quite good for the running).

Might give that uvb lamp a look, cheers, will be a while before I'm allowed the phototherapy again I think.

I was warned not to overuse it.

I cut out all sorts of food types, especially highly processed foods, all it did was help me lose weight which was fine. Oddly enough, my condition seemed to improve more when I started excercising regularly and there seems to be evidence that excercise reduces stress and inflamation. Might just be quackery, though. Hard to tell.
    Also, have you tried cutting out using shower gel and shampoo products containing sls (sodium laurel sulphate)? Apparently this can help. I seemed to work but I've had a serious flare up of psoriasis over the last few months - I'm pretty sure stress related - which always throws preventative measures out.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Woke up this morning with stomach cramps and diarrhoea. Fuck, food poisoning I thought. Made a chicken curry the night before which only I ate, think I left the chicken breast defrosting too long. Spend the day in bed, too weak to do anything.

Missus comes home with little one from nursery and is off like a shot upstairs diarrhoea and vomiting (no idea what's caused this). So now I'm confused as she didn't have any curry. Fed little one after he came back from nursery, hes had a vomiting bug which means when he does a certain type of deep cough he brings all his food and milk up.

So you can guess what happen as I took him upstairs to his cot, the coughed and brought everything up. So had ti give him a wash and get him down with a bottle of milk after. I feel like I've been hit by a truck, everything hurts. I was supposed to be going to a day spa tomorrow for some much needed R&R while missus is at work and little one is at nursery. That probably wont happen now bar a miraculous overnight recovery from yours truly.

Life sucks sometimes it really does.
  • Plenty of water and ibuprofen and get a good kip, you might yet make it tomorrow!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Alka Seltzer xs is my go to for an upset stomach.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Rehydration treatments, sachets or Lucozade Sport.

Also, do try to eat something. If you completely evacuate your stomach, it starts to cramp. Some bread or something can often work wonders.
  • Sitting in A&E at my work (you'd think me being a staff member would fast track me but nah), played in a charity football match for my work, and the worst case scenario happened. Right knee crumbled, again. Fucking gutted.

:(
  • Sitting in A&E at my work (you'd think me being a staff member would fast track me but nah), played in a charity football match for my work, and the worst case scenario happened. Right knee crumbled, again. Fucking gutted.

:(

Hope it's not too serious gav, that's gonna mess up your driving ability for awhile if it is.
  • Cheers dude. I wasn't really in a position to buy a car for another few weeks anyway, I'll be reet.

In a taxi home as minor injuries has had to close tonight due to staff illness. I'm meant to be in there portering tomorrow at 6am but that ain't happening. Got an appointment with minors for reals at 0930.

Time for some ice and a rather large joint methinks.
  • Man you cant make this shit up. Your staff and you cant get looked at but your on shift tomorrow. No wonder the NHS is a shambles.
  • Definitely better to wait in A&E than be one of the ones seen to immediately.
  • I completely understand it. They're stretched to absolute breaking point, it's Friday night in A&E, and much, much less understanding people are everywhere. So I get sent home to bed while I get seen right away tomorrow. Not a problem to me. My work is my work. Different company (I'm essentially a contractor).
  • Ooof! Fingers crossed it's not too serious mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Cheers. Currently waiting in x-ray.

ipRV7Ai.jpg
  • Deffo something wrong there
  • I see the issue. You have Michael Owen Knee.
  • My knee actually looks like Alan Brazil's face

talkSPORT_iTunes_0004_AlanBrazilSportsBreakfast.jpg
  • I bet he quite often sports a breakfast.
  • Can’t ever see Alan Brazil without thinking of Joel Golby’s description of him looking like the first man destined to die of what doctors call “just exploding”
  • Heh.

Remember when he had a go at Bellarin over him being vegan? COmparing the two, Brazil certainly looks the healthier.
  • Gav, have you tried giving your knee a steak?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!