Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I woke up with a sore wrist a couple of days ago and it still hurts. So I basically hurt myself while I was asleep.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sleepwanking can be dangerous.
  • I have sore wrist too. Must be going round.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Door handle for my bathroom snapped clean off in my hand last night, so i kicked it open.

Hour later, sitting playing forza with my right foot sitting on my left knee, felt a wee twinge. Went to stand up, nearly crumpled. Right ankle swollen up to fuck.

Bastard. As a result, had to cancel a date, ironically with a lassie who cancelled the other night because she had a fucked ankle as well.
  • How did she fuck her ankle? That’s some good flexibility/mobility.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    you can see yourself out
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • HBJ wins the thread
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    First toothache ever in my life. Not fun at all. My own fault though, for never going to the dentist. I'll have to grin and bear it until Monday evening at the earliest. Paracetamol just kicking in so hopefully I can sleep a bit.
  • Grin and bear it, nice pun.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Apparently I have to have a root canal on Monday. I'm considering not bothering as they already fixed the cavities and put a filling, and then gave me a long estimate including a crown, to which I said no fucking way. Not paying a grand for a tooth. So, is the root canal a necessary thing or should I just go about my business with my normal little filling? Dentists seem to be a bit like mechanics, they'll just find problems if you let them and I'm not sure how much is actually necessary.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Get the root canal. If you don’t, things could get worse.
  • Kow wrote:
    Apparently I have to have a root canal on Monday. I'm considering not bothering as they already fixed the cavities and put a filling, and then gave me a long estimate including a crown, to which I said no fucking way. Not paying a grand for a tooth. So, is the root canal a necessary thing or should I just go about my business with my normal little filling? Dentists seem to be a bit like mechanics, they'll just find problems if you let them and I'm not sure how much is actually necessary.

I had toothache with a back tooth a while back - just had it pulled because it couldn't be seen and root canal isn't usually done on these ones anyway.

From NHS

"Root canal treatment is only required when dental X-rays show that the pulp has been damaged by a bacterial infection.

The pulp will begin to die if it's infected by bacteria, allowing the bacteria to then multiply and spread."
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I'm not sure how much is just dentists being money grabbing bastards either though, given that they are all private businesses.
  • Mine seems pretty honest - I had a filling break recently and I'm sure they could have found an excuse to do more than just refill it. They don't usually proscribe a root canal without good reason as I think in the long term it can weaken the tooth but removes immediate need for an implant.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Root canal treatment isn’t something to be feared. It’s no more unpleasant than having a filling, and if a dentist tells you you need it ( certainly in this country), then ignoring them isn’t a great idea, and could lead to really nasty dental problems further down the line.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I guess I'll do it. They can keep the crown though.
  • I can only assume this thread will eventually eclipse all others until we're all dead. For my part it turns out I don't have lung cancer or similar, after wheezing and coughing for about a year. It's heartburn. Turns out it bring on all kinds of pulmonary conditions as the acid works it's way down to your lungs.

Now I have to have a dreaded lifestyle change to find out what works best. Cutting dietry things out etc. First up is getting skinny again. I'm hoping this is enough because if I have to stop drinking wine I'll obviously have to kill myself straight away.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Wine is shit for heartburn, unfortunately. Is it reflux you have?
  • Yup. GERD or GORD as they call it here. For me it's been a thing since I actually gave up smoking and gained weight.

Obv not eating before bed etc and losing weight, but the diet things are different for different people. Onions etc. I'm seeing if I can do the rest without giving up wine. I'm not giving up wine.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I find I can control it ok if I just don't eat anything for a few hours before going to bed. Cooked onions are ok, raw are fuckers.
  • Tbf I've got a lot of stuff to try first, like not eating half a kilo of pasta and then falling asleep.

My symptoms weren't just heartburn, which I only actually get occasionally, which is why I thought it was something else. Fluid in lungs, cracking, coughing, thinking there was permanently stuck in my throat, having to clear throat. I started to suspect when the antibiotics didn't hear it up is was throat or lung cancer, given the booze intake and how much I used to smoke.
  • Kow wrote:
    I find I can control it ok if I just don't eat anything for a few hours before thing to bed. Cooked onions are ok, raw are fuckers.

Yeah, the doc specifically mentioned those.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tbf I've got a lot of stuff to try first, like not eating half a kilo of pasta and then falling asleep.

My symptoms weren't just heartburn, which I only actually get occasionally, which is why I thought it was something else. Fluid in lungs, cracking, coughing, thinking there was permanently stuck in my throat, having to clear throat. I started to suspect when the antibiotics didn't hear it up is was throat or lung cancer, given the booze intake and how much I used to smoke.

Yeah, I've had all that. I did the elevating the bed thing for a few years, but really, the thing that really had the biggest impact, was not eating anything for at least 2 or 3 hours before going to bed. I haven't had a single episode of reflux since I started doing that. I don't think I'll ever sort the throat clearing though.
  • I spent years struggling with exactly the same problem. Luckily wine never caused me any issues (like you I don't know how I'd handle that), but everything from beer to bread to crisps and spicy food seemed to be out.

After various stop/start fixes through antibiotics, the docs have just stuck me on an ongoing course of omeprazole, which I've been on for a couple of years. So long as I remember to take one in the morning before eating anything, only the greasiest, nastiest food seems to cause me much bother nowadays. Had a bit of concern with basically being on constant stomach medication, but the doc recently assured me there are no known issues with doing so.
  • Cool. I shall definitely be doing the 3hr thing and getting a bit thinner. Knowing medication can overcome wine drinking is a huge plus. Doc advised trying natural things first before medication but I certainly wouldn't have a problem taking a pill every morning if I get to drink lovely lovely wine.
  • I've put on 1.5 stone since August due to drinking habits, need to knock it on the head really, is not affecting any part of my life other than lumber round the waist, which I hate. I think breaking the habit of a few a night is the hardest part.
  • Thing is, once you do break the habit you realise it was no big deal. It’s just the decision to act that’s a fucker, really.
  • Yeah I know buddy, I've done it before and it really is that first night that just needs breaking, but it's not easy when I work late and there's free booze, plus my local is right there when I get off the train. Have decided to make a concerted effort after this weekend (catching up with mates).
  • nick_md wrote:
    Yeah I know buddy, I've done it before and it really is that first night that just needs breaking, but it's not easy when I work late and there's free booze, plus my local is right there when I get off the train. Have decided to make a concerted effort after this weekend (catching up with mates).

Good luck bud - it’s absolutely worth breaking a daily drinking habit. Booze can be cool, but it should never be part of a routine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!