War(T)Frame
  • had to wiki the new strange mission. this arid lancers are gonna shit me. Ivara time.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Ivara comes into her own. That was not painful. Dumb it's 3 of the same mission though
  • Yeah, those were the spy missions that got to me a bit as I have no stealth frames. Funnily enough, I played them again this week with a friend who's started playing again and I breezed the sections I took on.
  • Finally got involved in Faction Syndicates, and I really, really wish I'd done it sooner. 

There are 6 of these political groups that act in a similar fashion to Destiny factions, but with a proper ally and enmity system whereby gaining influence with one will have positive and negative effects with others. 

All you gotta do is pay an introduction fee and wear a particular Syndicate's sigil on your armour, and you'll gain standing with every mission you do. You do all of this for the rewards of course (viewable in their offerings section), that include Warframe specific augment mods that alter some of your abilities in very cool ways, and a few high tier weapons.  

You can access Syndicates via the faction console in your orbiter or visit their rooms at the relays. I'd highly recommend doing it sooner that later.
  • I looked at them, I couldn't work out how to pay to enter.
  • It's under "innitiation" iirc, costs 10k credits and some resources. MR 3 required. Just remember to equip your Syndicate's sigil on whatever Warframe you're using.

Some of the Warframe specific augment mods you can get as rewards are very cool. I'm looking at an Excalibur mod that changes the elemental type of your Exulted Blade based on what energy colour you choose.
  • Just did mr6 and have credits. Will check resources. Cheers. Lots of cool choices there.
  • MR 6, nice! I seriously fucked it by not understanding MR and running the same max rank Warframe and weapons for like 100+ hours... Only just hit MR 8.
  • (of course I had to look up how to do the challenge because it was terribly explained.)

In fairness, being able to practice at a relay is a nice touch though.
  • Re: Syndicates - It's worth also initiating into the allied faction of whatever main faction you go with, as you'll also gain standing with them as you level up your main.

I'm initiated with Steel Meridian and Red Veil. I'm wearing Steel Meridian's sigil and consider them my main for now, but I'm passively gaining standing with Red Veil as well. My standing with New Loka and The Perrin Sequence, Steel Meridian's enemies, is absolutely tanking though.
  • Facewon wrote:
    (of course I had to look up how to do the challenge because it was terribly explained.) In fairness, being able to practice at a relay is a nice touch though.

It really is, and has meant I've been able to do them all first go. Realising I could use cyphers on the hacking challenge (5?) was a cheese I was very happy with.
  • Saturn unlocked. Steel meridian joined.

Not short of weapons to upgrade for a while. Especially as I just need to get to some later planets to unlock a couple of newies soon.

• Good stuff. You'll also get a couple of melee weapons for completing certain upcoming Story Quests, one of them is okay but the other is very good. There's also a couple of Warframes you can either get outright, or get all the blueprints needed to build them from other upcoming Story Quests. 

Let me know when you're ready to start The Second Dream. You can play through the whole thing in an hour and there is a really, really, annoying section early on, but the final 20 mins are epic and unlike anything Warframe had done 'til then.
  • Will do.

What do you find the best way to level stuff, btw?

Kinda want always have something levelling, but can be frustrating taking peashooters in.

I took to having a grinding load out with all stuff to be upgraded and a max load out with all my best stuff, and the plan was to kinda rinse starting areas and slowly build with the grinding stuff, and do planet opening with Max stuff, but now I'm being a bit more flexible. Once stuff is around the 15-20 mark, if you take it with good other stuff you go ok, especially if you do rift stuff and get partied up.

If you luck out with a group who keeps going on something multi stage the levelling is a doddle.

Got Harrow to 22 now, he might end up being my main, he's super fun and everything is really useful.
  • My approach is pretty much the same. I do tend to stick to the early planets when grinding low level gear, but once it gets to a certain point you can take it anywhere.

It's worth noting that half of your XP goes to the killing weapon and half to the Warframe, but if you get kills with your abilities all the XP goes to the Warframe. Also, being near an ally when they get a kill gives you XP as well, so loading into public missions is well worth it. Like you say, endless mission are great, as are Nightmare missions. Plus they're good fun. 

And I really want Harrow. And Loki. I've got some of their parts, but I'm gonna have to get my grind on for the rest.
  • Very cool to have specific syndicate missions to nab standing with them.

Have maxed Harrow now. Have all but maxed the last batch of weapons I was working on too.

I assume if I've got a pistol that handles like trash even when ranked to mid 20s with some solid mods attached, that once I've maxed it I may as well sell or dismantle or something?

Up to Uranus now, so think I might spend a fair bit of time with higher gear and unlock planets.

• Make sure to scan some of those weird blue-ish alien-looking drones that appear on Uranus. You'll need those scans to progress with the Natah story quest, the precursor to The Second Dream. 

But yeah, if you don't like a particular weapon just use it for MR then sell it for credits. You'll get the slot back so it's no loss.
  • At the point you're at in the game, Face, it's worth looking into how to farm some of the easier to get Warframes. Just so you don't spend plat on something you could get easily from repeating a few boss fights or completing a quest.
  • Failed my MR 9 test. That's my fist fail, feelsbadman. 

It's a pretty simple stealth test to take down patrolling guards, but you have no abilities and are restricted to melee weapons. Unfortunately, the random as fuck stealth-kill procs made this by far the most frustrating test yet. 

I ran the practice, breezed it. But in the main test I'd used all of my spare chances on the first two bloody guards! 

Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow. Might practice with different weapons in the meantime.
  • Okay a melee weapon with a ranged secondary fire like the glaive makes this so much easier. No dodgy stealth-kill procs, just blast 'em from range.
  • Wow, those Chephalon daily things are a weapon grinding goldmine. Got New twin daggers, equipped them yesterday, at 23 today after 4 missions.
  • Damn what? I'll have a go at some of those. 

Was in Fortuna this morning and saw a guy who's clan name was "Badger Clan of Badgery". Made me smile.
  • Talking of Fortuna, Face, if you haven't started on the whole modular weapon thing (kitgun secondary and primary weapons from Fortuna, and zaw melee weapons from Cetus) it's well worth getting into. 

Many of them are stupidly good and can be built to suit your needs. Grindy as hell, but hey, you expected that.

Edit: Honestly, I think the Warframe grind might just be the most rewarding I've experienced in this type of game. From literally every single item you pick up or get as a reward being hella useful, to the combination of the minute-to-minute gameplay and procedural tilesets all but negating the staleness of doing the same thing over and over. This could change with time, obvs, and it's far from perfect - but right now I'm loving it.
  • Haven't done much on any of the planets. Should revisit. Theres been something in each mission that's made me struggle.

(have randomly failed one of the early earth bounties 3 times now. Still not sure why.)

Can't remember what I'm up to on fortuna.

Do know the game is hella fun and more folks should try it.

• Those open-world bounties are a pain to solo, so much open ground for enemies to attack whatever you're supposed to be defending. I've barely touched them and instead I'm using other methods to gain Standing. 

On the Plains of Eidolon I'm shooting animals with the tranq gun. Successful captures reward a decent amount of Standing, and nighttime sees a shit-tonne of wild kavats come out. You'll fill your daily Standing limit in 10m mins.

For Fortuna I'm selling gems I get from mining. It's not as quick as the animal conservation on the PoI, but it beats doing those bounties. Caves are the best place to find a concentrated amount of minerals, and in 15 to 20 mins you'll have enough to sell and hit your daily Standing cap, with some in reserve for putting towards building those kitgun parts.
  • Once you do get into zaws and kitguns you'll find so much there to play around with that you'll sink crazy hours into the whole process. It happens to everyone. And it's brilliant.
  • Nice. 

Just doing sword only missions on Uranus. So much lols. And Harrow chain freeze ability is basically all you need to make everything easy.

Got 2 out of 3 perfect on the Spy Mission first time.

Got me a blue drone too. So Natah is started.
  • Nice! Loved those melee only missions, used Saryn with her Toxic Lash ability to melt everything.
  • MR 9 passed! Then I got jumped by the Stalker in a Defence mission while levelling my Necros Prime and weapons... Got the fucker though. Necros' Shadows of the Dead ability let me summon the ghosts of vanquished enemies to keep the attackers away from the cryopod while I dealt with the Stalker. Thankfully even a low-level Fulmin is still an absolute beast of a gun, and the "bullet-jump away, shoot, bullet-jump away again" tactic just about worked in the close quarters of an Earth defence mission.

That's three for three on the Stalker now. No weapon drops yet though. Fingers crossed for Dread next time, I really want that bow!

Edit: Again! That's two missions in a row the Stalker's come for me. He did drop the Blind Justice nikana stance mod again, so I can sell that on the market for plat at least.
  • Oh shit! Levelling up the Steel Meridian faction to the Defender title costs 100k and an Orokin Catalyst. Those things are a plat purchase if you don't wanna grind endgame activities for 'em.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!