War(T)Frame
  • digi wrote:
    Had to get a mate round the other night who's been playing it a lot but recently moved on to other things. He explained that I can't do any of the story missions till I get a mech thingie, it's confusing. Before all this though i Did do a story where I play as a drifter and got to choose a new frame from the beginner classes (volt, excalibur and mag) but I already had all these so weren't sure what to do so just rolled with excalibur and finished all that up. So I have a choice between grinding for mech parts. Increasing my standing with vent kids by doing skateboard tricks on a k-drive. Or a railjack mission thats way too hard for me and I don't even remember how to get more repair gel (omni-gel) for repairs and I'm sure it requires more upgrades and a full team. I really like this game but there's so much that's unexplained or just a pain to Google and find out.

They really don't explain a damn thing do they? As far as I remember:

That Duviri quest you did with the Drifter was just the opening section of an ongoing open world. Every week you can pick a new Warframe from a refreshed selection and complete runs of Duviri to unlock the component blueprints, plus you get crafting matts for some cool weapons. It's a good way to get any Warframes you don't have. There's also the Circuit, an endless mission type thing where you play as a randomly selected Warframe in the Undercroft area instead of the Drifter in the open world.

The Nercamech grind is the single worst grind in a grindy game, but then you get to play The New War, the culmination of the return of the Sentients story arc, and it's really bloody good. Plus Necramechs are awesome and can really make a difference in certain activities.

Vent Kids... I dunno. Never bothered with 'em beyond the basics. For open worlds my Archwing and Necramech are all I need.

Railjack missions, for repair gel you should be able to craft the material you need in your Railjack forge from matts you pick up in space during missions. Upgrading everything takes ages and is something I'm only just starting to do myself. 

It really is a game where an open tab or six on the Wiki not just helps, but feels essential at time. Plus a couple more tabs for YouTube vids.
  • Fwiw the grind for the kdrive kid can't have been too bad. Because I have a kdrive.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Fwiw the grind for the kdrive kid can't have been too bad. Because I have a kdrive.

I have a k drive and arching, just that's what it says to do next on navs with the other things.
    (Do tricks to increase standing)
  • A wholesome piece on Warframe from the Guardian. The community for this game really is fantastic and I can't recommend joining a clan enough. Doesn't matter about your level of progress or how many hours you can commit, all you've gotta do is ask a question and people will go out of their way to help.
  • So with a bit of help from my mate I figured out how to upgrade my railjack (I had 20 intrinsic/points to put in already) and he also showed me how to get a crew for it.
    Trouble is it's been so long since I played Iv been kicked from the clan so don't have access to a dry Dock to put my crew in there positions/give them roles (according to my mate).

I grinded for a couple hours yesterday for mechanic parts or whatever there called and never got one.

Kinda remember why I gave up on this game.
  • They added a dry dock to Kronia Relay for anyone to use - no clan needed. As for crew positions I always leave it 'til we're in a mission and select roles accordingly. 

Is there any specific reason why you focussing on Railjack, Davie? Railjack missions are fun but it's a pretty niche and limited mode. I'm not sure what "mechanic parts" are, but I did all the Railjack sections of The New War quest without a single upgrade - so only grind that stuff if you really want to. If you're not enjoying it it's probably best to do something else. The game is huge.

Edit: Wait, by mechanic parts do you mean Necramech parts? I got all mine by defeating enemy Necramechs in tier 3 Isolation Vault bounties without any problems. Mining the materials needed to craft the parts takes ages though.
  • For newer content or late game stuff that's available without doing The New War - there's sorties, factions, regular re-runs of Duviri and The Circuit for new weapons and warframes, then if/when you've completed the star chart there's Arbitrations to get yourself ready for your re-run of the entire star chart with The Steel Path. Then there's Steel Path difficulty for the Duviri Circuit to get your Incarnon weapons.

Then when you've done all the other quests and activities up to The New War (but srsly, you never finish activities in Warframe) - off the top of my head you've got The New War quest itself and then Veilbreaker, which add new mechanics, activities, boss fights, and items to grind for. Then there's Angels of the Zariman and Whispers in the Walls, which again both add new activities, factions, tiles-sets, and more things to grind for.
  • Yeh nechramech parts, I did 3 tier 3 vaults and not a single part, also not great to solo when you have to keep a wee thing alive after getting bait a d still not knowing or remembering what's good or squishy any more.

I'm doing railjack to figure out how to do it and becouse apart from either ventkids standing it's all I have to do except hunt for mech parts.

That railjack stuff is really hidden and iv had that to do for about 2-3 years so I thought it would be a nice change from grinding tier3s.
    Not till you can assign crew members apparently.
  • Did more Steel Path difficulty Duviri Circuit last night to get those sweet Incarnon weapons. 

Ended up bailing at the end of stage 10 after just over an hour of non-stop insanity with enemies at level 1300+ and our buffs allowing us to hit for 7 or 8 million points of damage points per hit with the right synergies triggering. 

I was using Harrow Prime and his 4 was the only thing keeping us up at times, with the couple of seconds of invulnerability it grants negating millions of points of damage at a time. Activities like arbitrations, sorties, and even the Steel Path itself are laughably easy in comparison.

Never thought I'd be saying that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!