Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Face I did about 4 missions I think. Grabbed mods etc. Then I grabbed something else that turns into grey cubes on the left of your ship (facing forwards) can’t recall what they are called. I was then told to head back to navigation but the game just locked up. I could move around the ship but no interface would pop up regardless of what I did.

I had a PS Plus freebie set of cash and so was looking at skins stupidly thought I was spending credits but ended up wasting all my platinum on a skin. Does look cool though.

I have 100k credits which I assume you spend on gear.

As for the combat. So far levels feel samey, but appreciate I’ve not done much.

I like some of the moves but the sword combat feels far to easy to kill bad guys and very light with lack of decent feedback. I’m sure as I power up and enemies level up it will get more challenging.

Love the bow, it’s not quite as good as a Destiny hunters bow but it’s still got a nice feel especially when you get a head stealth kill.

Not sure yet about the abilities as I believe you need to kill stuff to get the blue energy to use them rather than it be a bar that fills over time. This has lead me to hardly use my abilities.

Haven’t spent any cash on anything yet. Question would be do you need spend or is the cash just for decoration/customisation?
  • You can spend plat on buying weapons and frames outright. I did. I think I bought 3 or 4.

Early days, just to mix things up, getting a good frame is well worth it.

However, if you can get on with stormy, he'd be able to run some assassination missions with you to get 2-3 frames easy.

It costs plat to have more slots for weapons and frames. It's not much though. 20 plat.

Credits mainly go on building foundry items and buying blueprints. And upping standing with factions.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • What Face said. Every regular Warframe and most weapons can be acquired by farming their components in-game as well, spending cash can reduce or eliminate the grind, but you don't need to spend money on them. Cosmetics and decorations are cash only, if you want that stuff. I do. 

You'll need credits for everything else. 

That thing you need to do in your ship will be available, Boris, but Warframe often does a terrible job of signposting. The Wiki and YouTube are your friends here.

Regarding combat, it's more about the power fantasy of decimating waves of enemies in seconds rather than methodically taking down one or two challenging targets. Melee is designed to be super-fast and fluid, and to be perfectly matched to the crazy mobility you can achieve with a bit of practice. 

Abilities are a massive part of this as well, and are much more prominent in the minute-to-minute gameplay than in something like Destiny. They do need to be unlocked as you level up, and you can use mods to increase your total energy, energy cost, or ability duration. Once you get the abilities unlocked and learn how to use them they really give life to the individual Warframes, with each frame's abilities affecting your playstyle to a degree you wouldn't believe.

When you've got a team of Warframes slicing and dicing at 1000mph and all blasting out crazy abilities with particle effects for days - it is truly something to behold.
  • Yeah, you don't want too many bullet sponge enemies. It slows the flow.

Its method for enemies being fodder is to chuck more enemies your way.

Re levels each planet has a theme and tiles. So you'll be seeing the same bits of level on all missions on that planet in different arrangements.

Its planet to planet and the different enemy factions that will mix it right up.

• I really like the different planet tilesets, and the procedural levels are very well done.

But yeah, Boris, if ever you wanna team up for some easy-going co-op just let me know.
  • Wow. Hadn't counted for a bit. I have 18 frames. I bought nezrha, nova prime, ivara and Harrow (which I should have grinded, considering how many chassis have dropped for me).

I have 2 other prime frames that I grinded, Loki on the way, and Nyx when I find that assassination mission again.

• Nyx final bit nabbed. Will start building tomorrow. Woot.

Pretty well maining Nezrha at the mo, might go back to Nova Prime too.
  • Also, got the deathcube rifle. I don't recall having it before or I missed it. Either way, now maxed. With double mod capacity, and it just... Kills stuff by itself. Lol.
  • Built another dread. Need to do another check through market for blueprints too. MR12 so close. And have 3 prime weapons waiting as soon as I hit it.

Stormy, you know which planet I farm the thing to make the formian stuff from? I need 4, and I got three from 1 mission, but fucked if I know which one it was.

• Got 4 axi e1 relics. Gonna upgrade them all. What chance do we think they give me the ember prime blueprint? No checking wiki.

Have all the parts already built.
  • Oh, Dang. Thought I had neutropics too. Oh well, will still chase the blueprint.

Waiting at dentist for Ara. Building Ciphers on phone.
  • Don't recognise formian off the top of my head, but there's so much in Warframe it's easy to forget stuff. If you meant fieldron then can get them straight-up as a reward from Grineer Invasions, and it's usually thee at a time.
  • What you gonna do with your new Dread? I've got a bunch of blueprints for that now and don't know what to do with 'em.
  • I'll just Max it and nothing else for now. I just want stuff to grind to get MR12.

Then I have 3 prime weapons to be going on with. Gonna go hard chasing prime frames and rerolling stuff after that.

Need to take on some debts from venus too. Want to level solaris up.

Also gonna get cephalon faction to level 3.

Slowly finishing juggers with inaros mission right now.

Formian appears to be a for a special event. 200k credits and some stuff as reward.
  • If you've maxed something once you can't get MR from the same weapon type again, unfortunately. Alternate versions of a weapon are fine though, so Braton MK1, Braton, and Braton Prime all count for MR, for example.

How you getting on with Dread these days? You should be seeing those in-game damage numbers as way, way higher than the stat block shows. I love that bow, but it's just one of many weapons where the stats don't even begin to tell the whole story, and that shine based on their inherent damage-type modifiers.
  • And seriously, nice going on your MR. I've gotta be over 400 hours in now and I'm not close to MR 12 yet.
  • Oh really. Damn. Guess I'll sell it or something. That means the boar I built is a waste too.
  • I've done the same. Was halfway through a second Boltor before I found out.
  • Jump on stormy to do that balor fomorian thing. The actual mission takes 3 minutes. Archwing. In a squad it's a doddle. 200k and an orokin catalyst.
  • Will do, cheers. It's one of the things I've somehow ignored 'til now.
  • Inaros sorted. Think the boss glitched. Which helped.
  • Jordas precept final mission absolutely sucks ass. Zomg. Not hard. But jebus. Have a good archwing and gear going in or it'll take you 20 minutes.
  • Have avoided it so far because of this. My Archwing and its weapons are barely passable, and I don't enjoy the missions enough to want to level anything.

Played some more Elite Sanctuary Onslaught last night. Decent rewards (endo and radiant relics) but bloody hell it's tough going.
  • I might try that soon. I usually just stick to the 20-30 one. Once I have weapons mid tier, that a relic runs are good for quick levelling.

Reckon I'll take a break once I hit MR12. Kinda unsure what to do next and recent quests have been a bit of a slog.

Might be good to take a break for a major update or 2 and then come back.
  • Aye, I get that. I love the minute-to-minute gameplay enough that I'll always be dropping in a few times a week just to play the game, but it does feel like I'm lacking readily available goals.

S'all good though. Since I've been bouncing between this, Destiny 2, and Genshin Impact for my long-haulers, I've pretty much avoided the feeling of burnout I usually get from focussing heavily on any one of these types of games, and just playing them for the sake of playing them is giving me enjoment enough right now.
  • Man, while I'm ready for a break, there's still so many cool little things going on.

Racing for MR12, so I'm trying to rock all new gear to level. Maxed Loki and a pretty average sniper.

But had great fun with a trident from clan.

And have had a run of awesome silly secondaries.

Stug, which is basically an explosive snowball thrower, Azima, which is now a real fave. Effectively a submachine gun, but the secondary fire sends out a little ball that shoots in a circle. You can fire multiple, and once you get a bottleneck of dudes in a room, it's carnage.

Now on to Zakti, which fire gas darts. Really brutal and if you spam, kinda AOE too.

Sapra is the new melee weapon, it's absolutely silly to use, but looks awesome. It's a sword/gun, and you do all these fancy stances when you use it.

Nyx is a fun frame, lots of turning enemies into friendlies and confusion. good stuff.

New Bow Diakyu has the most ridiculous draw time I've ever seen. 

It's fun trying to use all of this at once. If I get invaded any time soon though, it's gonna be a mess.

lol.
  • Goddammit, so new content in time for new consoles and the new graphical updates have started to kick in. It's a subtle difference, but game is defo looking better and running smoother. (and it wasn't running badly before.)

Hard to quit.
  • Yeah, I saw that on their website. Looks a decent sized content drop

I'll still be dipping in here and there but I think I'm gonna leave my remaining quests and the more grindy stuff 'til I can get a PS5 and the next-gen upgrade drops. 

Seeing the massive difference in visuals, performance, and knowing that they're gonna be utilising the haptic feedback has only helped dampened my enthusiasm for doing much on PS4.
  • 'Course, this would be far less of an issue if they'd implement cross-save.
  • Sooooo close to MR12. Just maxed Nyx. zombie controlling tough enemies is hella cool.

This was worth watching. That Helene mission he suggests is great. Those Orokin drops to go with the levelling is sensational.

On to Inaros now. Although, I'll probably do a bit more high level stuff for a while. Rock some fav weapons. Been levelling some weird ones together and have forgotten how to actually kill quick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!