regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Same as all micro transactions, like ME3 even, not necessary, but definitely helpful. I don't like this in my full price games
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm utterly out. I'm not a fan of the microtransaction stuff (I'm more than aware I've paid for it on a iOS game, but I consider that a different proposition to paying £45 for a title) so Ultimate Team can swivel. The game itself doesn't seem greatly improved, and I simply don't see myself getting value out of it. I'm playing and coaching IRL a lot more at the minute, and I can't see myself going to this.  Sorry, FIFA. I still like you.

You're talking nonsense, Reginald.

Regardless of your take on micro-transactions, it need not affect your enjoyment in the slightest. It doesn't even enter the frame of Career, on-line or single player mode. They game-play is unhindered and the only way you even come into contact with Ultimate Team is when you select the option to play Ultimate Team.

Also, Id suggest you play a little more FIFA 12 (or the demo of FIFA 13) because you quite clearly seem to be missing some pretty massive strides the series has taken forward. The very fact that collision detection actually works will make a huge amount of difference to every single game. Mixed with the speed of passing and pressing the entire game has a completely different approach.

Also: For the record - I frown on anyone who buys FIFA and plays anything other than online mode. As the official forum FIFA champion I know what I'm talking about!!!!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    google wrote:
    As the official forum xbox 360 FIFA champion I know what I'm talking about!!!!

slickus is ps3 forum champ.
    slickus won forum world cup twice and had both teams in final once.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • hmm.  I too am one of those that has never touched ultimate team...i'd got the impression it was a micro-transaction fuelled farce to get a team full of Messi's...it appears i was wrong and may have actually enjoyed it.
    too late now, i'm going back to PES this year...for a week at least! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • daviedigi wrote:
    google wrote:
    As the official forum xbox 360 FIFA champion I know what I'm talking about!!!!
    slickus is ps3 forum champ. slickus won forum world cup twice and had both teams in final once.

I'm not actually official forum champ. I just know that everyone from the forum I played on FIFA 11 I beat.
  • hmm.  I too am one of those that has never touched ultimate team...i'd got the impression it was a micro-transaction fuelled farce to get a team full of Messi's...it appears i was wrong and may have actually enjoyed it. too late now, i'm going back to PES this year...for a week at least! ;)

I actually find it pretty frustrating. 

You collect cards like you would collect Paninni stickers. Only the cards are only good for a certain amount of games. So you might get a shit hot card (for your team) but you're only allowed to play that player for 5 games. So you have to decide when to use him or when to 'rest'.

Too much micro management and variables for me.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Slickus were toying with the idea of getting it on ps3 and 360 so if he does you might get your chance to be forum champ!

• daviedigi wrote:
    Slickus were toying with the idea of getting it on ps3 and 360 so if he does you might get your chance to be forum champ!

As long as he doesn't constantly rotate Barca, Chelsea, Madrid and United we'll get on fine.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    google wrote:
    hmm.  I too am one of those that has never touched ultimate team...i'd got the impression it was a micro-transaction fuelled farce to get a team full of Messi's...it appears i was wrong and may have actually enjoyed it. too late now, i'm going back to PES this year...for a week at least! ;)
    I actually find it pretty frustrating.  You collect cards like you would collect Paninni stickers. Only the cards are only good for a certain amount of games. So you might get a shit hot card (for your team) but you're only allowed to play that player for 5 games. So you have to decide when to use him or when to 'rest'. Too much micro management and variables for me.

you can always give them more contracts and fitness cards.

• google wrote:
    Too much micro management and variables for me.

This. Add in the sluggish menu system and it's been a NAW for years.
  • daviedigi wrote:

Yeah, I get that - but I dont want to have play a card, so my other card can be fit and then another card so my other card can play.

TOO MUCH!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    google wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:

As long as he doesn't constantly rotate Barca, Chelsea, Madrid and United we'll get on fine.

The way we do it on our regular fifa mondays is to have the first player at home random a country then a team.

Second player randoms a country then randoms a team of the same stars rating.
    Keeps it fair and interesting!

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    google wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:

Yeah, I get that - but I dont want to have play a card, so my other card can be fit and then another card so my other card can play.

TOO MUCH!

Its like managing your team, kinda the point of ultimate team I thought.
    I think its an excellent system and works well.
    I can see why folks who just want to play the game don't like it though.

• daviedigi wrote:
    google wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:
    Yeah, I get that - but I dont want to have play a card, so my other card can be fit and then another card so my other card can play. TOO MUCH!
    Its like managing your team, kinda the point of ultimate team I thought. I think its an excellent system and works well. I can see why folks who just want to play the game don't like it though.

Davie, I dont consider buying/trading/winning cards anything like managing my football team on Fifa or Football Manager.

But horses for courses. I'm glad you enjoy it.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Exactly, it's not for everyone. For me it means I can play it pretty much the whole year - whether it be Clubs, UT or simple H2H.

The thing that hacks me off is the people who slate UT, but have clearly never played it. If you don't want to play it, fine but don't pretend you're some kind of expert when you aren't.
  • Olimite wrote:
    If you don't want to play it, fine but don't pretend you're some kind of expert when you aren't.

Agreed.

But this is the internet.

I find myself playing UT for about an hour or two before reverting back to Online proper. Especially now they've inputed the league structure. Much, much better once you're in the top half of the leagues.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I called it a day today with H2H. Got up to div three which is okay for an oldie like me.

Roll on Saturday.
  • Shall we get a B&B FIFA 13 league on the go when this comes out?  (We'll give it a few weeks first so everyone gets used to the game).

What does everyone think?
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I'm up for that! I'm always off on a Saturday so that would be the best time for me. 360 yeah?
  • Yeah I am on 360 :)

Who else is in?  Saturdays are perfect for me too.  What is your GT, Woodimari?
  • I'd be interested, but due to the little un' may find it difficult...but provisionally yah.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Plan M wrote:
    Shall we get a B&B FIFA 13 league on the go when this comes out?  (We'll give it a few weeks first so everyone gets used to the game). What does everyone think?

Yeah, I'm well up for this.

360 for me. Saturday mornings are good for me (so I guess that's saturday afternoon/evening for y'all)

Add me, I'm DeaNick on Live.
  • Cool, cheers Google.

Matty what is your GT?

Anymore takers?
  • I'd be up for this but i dont have regular free time to play so couldn't commit so therefore i'm not up for this.
  • I'd be up for this but i dont have regular free time to play so couldn't commit so therefore i'm not up for this.

The good thing about the league structure is that you dont need to meet at a specific time to play.
  • Yeah what's the best way to work this then?
  • Plan M wrote:
    Yeah what's the best way to work this then?

We'll create a league. Add everyone from the forum who wants to play then you're able to either seek out games with those people who are online or make arrangements to play your games via the forum/email etc.

Theoretically, you could play all your games in one sitting if all your opponents were available.
  • Great stuff.  Looking forward to this.

Although I do think we should have to ALL play as just one team and stick with it.  Say, we can all choose  a 5 star team each and we have to use those for the entire league or something?
  • Or a 3/4 star team to make it even more interesting?
  • I think that's how it works - but I cant remember.

If it doesnt, lets agree to do that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!