FIFA 13
  • Read that we (HMV) will be selling the vanilla version for £44.99 and the UT Ed. for £47.99 in an email from HO and I'm not too chuffed about that. Was at least hoping for £39.99 and £42.99 at least for the opening weekend but naw.

It'll still sell, though. We'll mop up the rest when the Gamestation sell out. Just disappointed that people may not take us as seriously as other places for game purchases when we have silly prices like that. I now doubt we'll have much more than 50% of our pre-orders getting picked up.

Might change though. HO have a habit of fucking around at the last minute.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    To be fair the copy I ordered of the Ultimate Edition from amazon cost almost £47 so I don't think it's unreasonable. Though the vanilla price seems a bit steep compared to the £40 at most other places.

Like you said though, HO will probably change their mind, I used to work for HMV so I get that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    £45 is a bit wishful.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm gonna go across the road to Tesco on Friday morn and see what's what, and if they're offering it for a decent price I'll grab it.
  • You know, you guys are lucky. In Norway, game prices are way higher than UK (maybe we got more cash to spend, but still). A normal copy of the game is £64 when you change the currency. UT Edition is £74.
  • £39 for the ultimate 360 from sainsburys - nice
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    £39 for the ultimate 360 from sainsburys - nice

my local sainsburys has fifa12 for 44.99!!!!!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Mine's been shipped. Not really fussed when it arrives as am playing already.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    £39 for the ultimate 360 from sainsburys - nice
    my local sainsburys has fifa12 for 44.99!!!!!

That's a bargain !!!! I used a 20% off voucher online that ran out last week , managed to get most wanted , far cry for about £30 and assassins creed 3 for about £32
  • It's $59.99 + 14% tax - $10 deposit - $10 Best Buy Credit over here.

What do I win?
  • google wrote:
    It's $59.99 + 14% tax - $10 deposit - $10 Best Buy Credit over here. What do I win?

You can claim some of the tax when you fly out of the country can't you ?
  • Played the demo of this the other day, very nice indeed.  Really like the movement.  However, my mate and I are doing a 24 hour FIFA marathon in November.  He can't afford to move up to 13 yet, and it would be weird for one of us to pay a different game to what we're used to, so I think I'll have o hold off. Pity it's not a game that'll drop in price.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Played the demo of this the other day, very nice indeed.  Really like the movement.  However, my mate and I are doing a 24 hour FIFA marathon in November.  He can't afford to move up to 13 yet, and it would be weird for one of us to pay a different game to what we're used to, so I think I'll have o hold off. Pity it's not a game that'll drop in price.

Sainsbury's arent doing that 'spend 40 quid on shopping get FIFA 13 for 25 quid' thing they did a few years ago?
  • They might but you never know till the day before  it's out , I normally wait till then but thought I'd give UT a go this year and I don't think it was on offer
  • Internet rumours doing the rounds that Sainburys and Asda will be selling vanilla version for 35 quid on the day.

Be cool of true.
  • I'm going to Asda at midnight so I'll let you know.
  • I'm getting mine tonight. USA RELEASE DAY!!! WOOOO!!!
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Does anyone know if the gifts from the web app are random for everyone? I got 2500 coins today. Can anyone else chime in with what they got if they use the web app?
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I'm going to Asda at midnight so I'll let you know.

Cheers fella.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    slickus got that couple of days ago.

my laptop is fucked so i cant use it. :(

edit:@woodi.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    It's random Woodi. I got 500 coins today.

So, made my first big outlay. 21,000 coins...

There he is, at RM.

e3dbf88e7f004ce7b1beb22.png
  • So I bought this for 360 and Vita last night.

I played about 2 games and went to bed.

Also, can someone actually explain how chemistry affects you and the team?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Putting it simply, the better chemistry you have, the more likely you are to be successful (obviously player skill has a say in the matter).

Passes will be more accurate, positioning better, players will make better runs, shots will more likely be on target.

There's a decent article on it here if you want to read further.

That all said, there are a fair few people out there who think it means nothing whatsoever and it's all psychological. I'm not one of those though. I've used the above team (minus Zaha) and beaten a lot of full gold teams in the time I've had the early release.
  • Olimite wrote:
    I've used the above team (minus Zaha) and beaten a lot of full gold teams in the time I've had the early release.
    I'm sure you have, Oli. But that could be for a multitude of different resasons, first of them being that you're simply better at FIFA than the person you were playing.

Regardless, I didnt know it would have an impact on the success rate or passing/tacking/etc.

It's good to know, thanks.
  • Hi all, been on a bit of a hiatus of late. Haven't really poked my head in since my last round of BF3 games on the old forum and that was aaaaaaaaaaages ago.

Plumped for the ultimate edition today, had a £15 HMV voucher so it didn't sting too much. Is everyone getting stuck right in to that ultimate team business this year? I gave it a bash on 12, and couldn't be arsed sticking with it. Must have put in hundreds of hours on H2H seasons though.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • HMV are selling this today?
  • GAME will be offering FIFA 13 for just 99p when customers trade in any two of the following – The Amazing Spider-Man (360), Dragon’s Dogma (360/PS3), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360/PS3), Ghost Recon Future Soldier (360), May Payne 3 (360/PS3), New Super Mario Bros (Wii), Pokemon Block or White (DS), Prototype 2 (360/PS3), Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (360/PS3), Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (360/PS3), Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3), The Witcher 2 (360/PS3) and Sniper Elite V2 (360/PS3).

Fuuuuuck I wish that I kept Skyrim now :([font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    You could buy any of those second hand and make a killing, but you'd have to wait for people to send second-hand games in the post.

My copy turned up today :)
  • Yeah was thinking that myself mate.

I think I'll just pop to Sainsbury's - they are doing it for £34.99:

TESCO

£39 - When bought separately.
    £29 - When bought with one of the following: 2100 Microsoft Points (£17.87), 4200 Microsoft Points (£34.87), 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (£34.97), £25 PlayStation Network Card (£24.96), or £35 PlayStation Network Card (£34.96).

SAINSBURY'S
    £34.99 - Offer ends Sunday. Usual price £39.99.

ASDA
    £38.97

GAME
    £TBC - When bought separately.
    99p - When you trade in any two of the following: The Amazing Spiderman (Xbox 360), Dragon's Dogma (Xbox 360 & PS3), The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (Xbox 360 & PS3), Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Xbox 360), Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360 & PS3), New Super Mario Bros (Wii), Pokemon Black Or White (DS), Prototype 2 (Xbox 360 & PS3), Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Xbox 360 & PS3), Tiger Woods PGA 13 (Xbox 360 & PS3), Lollipop Chainsaw (Xbox 360 & PS3), Witcher 2 (Xbox 360 & PS3), Sniper Elite V2 (Xbox 360 & PS3)

HMV
    £42.99 - When bought separately. Free 90 day subscription to PlayStation Plus with the PS3 version. Available exclusively at HMV's Oxford Street store.
    99p - When you trade in any two of the following: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Sleeping Dogs, Amazing Spider-Man, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, LEGO Batman 2, Metal Gear Solid HD, FIFA Street, Super Mario Land 3D, FIFA Street, Super Mario Land 3D, New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart 7.

BLOCKBUSTER
    £44.99 - When bought separately. Plus get an extra 25% credit on any games traded in towards FIFA 13, and get a Kinect sensor for half price (£64.99) when bought with FIFA 13.
    £14.99 - When you trade in either Borderlands 2, F1 2012 or Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
    And don't forget that there's still time to get an online pre-order in to secure the Ultimate Team Edition and bonus items .
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    skyrim and max payne 3 would already be gone if there were a game any were near. :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!