FIFA 13
  • Ah, I now have to do a "player" career mode, meaning I can't "manage" Rangers too, like I did last year. Poo.
  • Aw no player/manager option? How will I get picked every week?!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I haven't checked it myself but I would assume that if there isn't a player/manager option anymore, it's because your manager now sends you out on loan to get more games. I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Spunked 2200 coins on a bog standard league 1 team with as much pace as I could get for 200 coins each. Just to get me through the first season on UT. Soon I'll build proper bronze, silver and gold squads but I need the coins first, got Demba Ba in a pack last night, the gold pack I got for doing the manager tasks. Might sell him, he is going for a decent price at the minute.
  • I have played this all weekend and it's just not for me.  I loved FIFA 08 - FIFA 12 but this just feels far too fast and frantic.

The visuals are really ugly and EA have fucked up the camera angles (i.e. even on fully zoomed out the action is still too close to the pitch, hence making the game feel ridiculously fast).

It's a shame because I love the depth of the game and Career Mode feels like loadsa fun this year.  I just don't like how much of an arcade fest it feels.  And the first touch bullshit happens far too much. For example, me and a mate we playing as Barcelona last night and Iniesta took 4 dodgy touches in the 90 minutes.  When do we see that happen in real footy?

Another major gripe for me is the frequency of night matches when I play online.  And in the fucking rain.  I wouldn't mind if EA could get the light shading and textures right but the games in the evening look so ugly.

Maybe I'm just getting fed up with FIFA though and need a change.  In the latter months playing FIFA 12 I was fed up with the thing and this is already starting to grate and I only bought it on Friday.

Gonna give PES 2013 a rent I think.

[/moan]
  • I don't know what you're on about Plan M, this is by far the best FIFA (or any other football game) ever. We've seen over the past few years how EA have tried to perfect the game, and they've never been as close as this year. I think FIFA 13 pays off for those who really know the game, with the exceptional fluidity, dribbling, first touches, impacts and the incredible boost in the AI. Also, the career mode is much better than before, the added 2v2 online a nice addition. I mean, finally.

Of course there are still minor gripes. My biggest issue so far is the bugged matchmaking, I can go forever trying to get a match, and sometimes get cut off just as it's about to start. But that will be fixed. Also, I love how the ball finally feels natural, though they might've overdone the first touch a bit. Just because a player isn't above 75 doesn't mean he can't receive a pass without sending it far ahead of himself.

Most positive so far: The ball finally behaves natural, the referees makes more right calls, the improved dribbling, the graphics are much better, the atmosphere on stadiums are better as well, the content you get in the game is great, 2v2 online.

Most negative so far: Maybe a bit easy to attack, the player models are uneven, the interface is still too heavy (i want more fluid menus), and not least the bugged matchmaking.
  • Plan M wrote:
    ...the action is still too close to the pitch...
    I should hope that the action is taking place so close to the pitch it's touching it, what with this being football and not quidditch.
  • Just started Ultimate Team - What the fucking FUCK !!!!!! 

I haven't a clue , who like to help me ? Just tried a quick google but can't find much
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Can someone clarify for me? Can I now only build up my Be A Pro player by playing clubs or can I also use that player in career too?
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • Me me me first !! Please
  • If you wait for a while Olimite will be along and I am absolutely positive he will have links to good FUT sites with explanations on what to do and how to do it as he worships this mode.

Basically though, you will get some starter packs to build your team from.

1 - Go into your squad and pick a formation - try and avoid popular formations (442) as players will cost more
    2 - Out of the players you have put a starting 11 into the formation - it is unlikely that you will be able to put out a team with anything more than a few players that 'like' your formation but that will come in time
    3 - Pick a game type (online/offline league/tournament) and play - you will earn coins whether you win lose or draw
    4 - Once you have enough money start wheeling and dealing in the auction room

Tips
    - don't buy packs unless you are minted and want to (using either in game or real currency)
    - I may buy a couple of gold packs to get going but that is usually to get some good gold players that I can sell to rebuild my team
    - sell players you don't want to raise funds - always check how much they are going for before you set a price so you don't over or under charge
    - search for players using the auction system that fit the formation you want to play
    - to get 100% chemistry try and buy players that:
    a) use the formation you are playing
    b) are largely of the same nationality
    c) play for the same club
    d) play in the same league
    e) play in the correct position
    - buy player contracts through the auction system - don't try and get them through packs as you will never have enough (see if you can get the rare contract cards - silver rares can be picked up for around 250-300)
    - there are cards that you can buy to change players positions or formations which enables you to pick up a player cheaper from a less popular formation and transfer him afterwards
    - get a gold manager that plays the formation you have chosen - this will add to chemistry

This should be enough to get you started.
  • Can someone clarify for me? Can I now only build up my Be A Pro player by playing clubs or can I also use that player in career too?

Start a career PLAYER mode. Not a manager one.

My main gripe is the first touch. It's completely ridiculous sometimes. That, and I've no effing clue how to do the fancy dribbling stuff.
  • Got that - but can I then use that career Pro in online Pro clubs as has been the case in recent years?

The only way to negate the first touch to some extent is to hold down the LB button as you recieve the ball (for precision dribble) - although I might be making that up because there is no reference to it in the manual lol - seems to work for me. I can't do the tricks but you will beat a lot of people just by coming of of sprint or, once again, using precision dribble by holding down LB.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Can someone clarify for me? Can I now only build up my Be A Pro player by playing clubs or can I also use that player in career too?

I made mine in both so im not sure.

Love the fact that even though im a united playrer i can be loaned out for a year to port vale to up my stats a bit
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Is anyone else having trouble with Seasons online? Seems to take forever to get a game, but more often than not, when it goes to the arena mode pre-match, I'm using a completely different team than the one I've picked. Then the game just quits.

Absolutely bizarre
  • I've had that too, kestla. Most of the time I've been online in this. Mostly happens in the normal seasons mode, not the Ultimate Team Seasons. It's a problem for a lot of people, it seems. I just had 100,000 people online in the game, and only 40 matches were being played at the same time. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
  • Cool. At least it's just me. My router has been playing up recently, so thought it may have been that.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    ...the action is still too close to the pitch...
    I should hope that the action is taking place so close to the pitch it's touching it, what with this being football and not quidditch.

I worded it badly. The cameras are far too close to the action this making it feel like an arcade fest, especially online.

I am old skool and love zoomed out cameras so I can plan my passing moves and so the game plays at a realistic pace.

They really need to slow this game down. But I guess the masses will love it which is all that matters.
  • Sorry, I was just being a grammar troll.  It's all I do, apparently.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Having not touched football games for years it feels fine to me. Have still the genetic PES imprint to mash the square in a goal rush but I'm working on it. 

Had one Seasons game and got roundly trashed 3-0 but still enjoyed myself fine. We were both pretty shite afaict but just I was the most shite. The match up was extremely quick and painless mind. No net code worries that I was are of. 

I did read that I should really be biting the bullet and manual-ing everything. I'm not too sure what's on in the options but is hat the done thing in Fifa? You get a better average online player matchup by all accounts. Any truth to that? The lad who was playing as Huddersfield seemed fine to me. Skipped replays, played fine, passed ok etc. is that not the norm?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Manual is where its at but it is bloody hard.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Friend of mine asked me if Fifa 13 is worth buying on 3DS. I have no idea about football games in general, even less so on the 3ds. Anybody have any idea?
  • Sorry Kow.  I've played FIFA 12 on the PS Vita and it was excellent.  Although that isn't much help to you.

Only review I know of for FIFA 13 3DS is the Official Nintendo Magazine:

FIFA 13 is an improvement over last year's game but it still needs a few more modes before it can be considered truly essential. Online multiplayer would be a nice touch next year, as would the introduction of some of the HD versions' more interesting features like Ultimate Team and training mini-games. For now though, this is the best football game on 3DS, even though it could still offer so much more.

81%
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cheers, I'll pass the info on.
  • Ok Ultimate Team is just way too much like hard work. When they sort the online out I think I'll stick to that.
    GT: Knight640
  • Knight wrote:
    Ok Ultimate Team is just way too much like hard work. When they sort the online out I think I'll stick to that.

I've only  just started it ( never played it before ) and haven't got much of a clue , have you played it much ?
  • Oh, you better believe I've got power bars now, brother. Anyone fancy a game soon?
  • What did you do mate?  Change screen settings or buy a sexy new tv?
  • Just changed some settings, still gonna get a new tv soon, at least I can take penalties now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    loving ultimate team seasons on this.
    had a promotion whilst wining the league first season then just stayed up the next.
    won the next season on the last game (6w-4d-0L) and moved up again.
    still only using silver level players so far, but may need to start on golds now.
    (all games so far have been a mix of pro and world class)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Plan M wrote:
    I have played this all weekend and it's just not for me.  I loved FIFA 08 - FIFA 12 but this just feels far too fast and frantic. The visuals are really ugly and EA have fucked up the camera angles (i.e. even on fully zoomed out the action is still too close to the pitch, hence making the game feel ridiculously fast). It's a shame because I love the depth of the game and Career Mode feels like loadsa fun this year.  I just don't like how much of an arcade fest it feels.  And the first touch bullshit happens far too much. For example, me and a mate we playing as Barcelona last night and Iniesta took 4 dodgy touches in the 90 minutes.  When do we see that happen in real footy? Another major gripe for me is the frequency of night matches when I play online.  And in the fucking rain.  I wouldn't mind if EA could get the light shading and textures right but the games in the evening look so ugly. Maybe I'm just getting fed up with FIFA though and need a change.  In the latter months playing FIFA 12 I was fed up with the thing and this is already starting to grate and I only bought it on Friday. Gonna give PES 2013 a rent I think. [/moan]

Matey, all of your complaints are completely fixable in the sliders menu of the options.

Go in their, slow the game down, make it more sim like.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!