@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The powa's there, just up to the devs to deliver.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Cheers gfuys, just intrigued as 'X upgrade' seemed vague and I figured it didn't mean 4k or hdr as they were labelled separately
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Really looking forward to getting my paws on this. I have a number of unfinished Xbox One games including Titanfall 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears 4, Halo 5, Horizaon 2 & 3, Forza 7(not opened yet) and I've just ordered AC Origins. Haven't played Xbox for some time, but I'm ready to go with a 4K HDR tv, so I'm hoping for something really special.

Can anyone recommend a headset, or should I just use my Sony Golds?
  • As far as I can tell, X UPGRADE just means that Forza is getting puddles.
  • It's the power of the Clouds
  • Escape wrote:
    If I had the money, I'd wait for Ryzen and whatever the one-below-top GPU is by then. But I'd only play Breath of the Wild and Battlegrounds, and, erm... and that's just not good value. So what I'm saying is that the X is appealing in theory (I still can't afford it), but I wish they'd waited another year for a major CPU jump, and of course I wish that they also had the PS4's games.

A superconsole's a great idea if at least two of the big three share it as a much-cheaper-than-PC powerhouse platform. If a handful of games were available for PC, such as Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Breath of the Wild, WipEout Omega, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us 2... well, then it'd be no contest.

Yeah I think it would have been more interesting had they gone for an updated CPU, even if they had to cut back the GPU a little, at least it would be a more balanced system.

Would like to see some of these PS games on PC one day, really glad to see Okami is getting a release, but for most of them it's probably never going to happen until emulation.
  • Okami on pc? Hello.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Ya. Was suuuper chuffed about that when someone mentioned it in one of the threads. Can't wait to see how the port turns out, hopefully it's smoooth AF.
  • I got a fair way on ps2 but never finished. Fingers crossed for nice shineys.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I heard the Dragon's Dogma port was excellent, so hopefully this is done by the same guys.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I thought I got a long way but have been told I actually got nowhgere so yeah, cannot wait to play again. Wouold still be nice to get my PS3 back though and play my games properly
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Well chuffed Okami is coming to XBOX
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Oh balls, is it XBox or PC, do all these come to PC as well, or was Face just teasing me
  • Every Xbox game also goes to Windows. That’s the Microsoft company plan.
  • So need to pick up Forza 7, Ass Creed Origins, Wolfenstein and CoD. Wanna get them beforehand to have them installed and updated on the HD so if anyone see’s any half decent deals on em could you let me know?

Edit: Forza 7 Got-£30 on eBay new.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    There's no doubt in my mind Destiny 2 could run at 60fps on XBOX, clearly Bungie aren't in a position to embarrass Sony as running Destiny 2 at 60fps and 4k or even 1080p on the XBOX would visually state the prowess of the XBOX over the Pro to your average consumer.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    So need to pick up Forza 7, Ass Creed Origins, Wolfenstein and CoD. Wanna get them beforehand to have them installed and updated on the HD so if anyone see’s any half decent deals on em could you let me know?

I got Assassins Creed Gold edition for £56 from the ubistore. You use 100 ubi points from your account ( which you easily should have ) to get 20% off.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/assassins-creed-origins-gold-edition-season-pass-worth-3299-ps4xbox-one-5599-using-ubisoft-points-ubisoft-2815972?page=5#thread-comments
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    There's no doubt in my mind Destiny 2 could run at 60fps on XBOX, clearly Bungie aren't in a position to embarrass Sony as running Destiny 2 at 60fps and 4k or even 1080p on the XBOX would visually state the prowess of the XBOX over the Pro to your average consumer.

Yeah that’s why they’re not doing it, massive shame but, deals be deals. Glad you’re enjoying it on PC though dude.
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    So need to pick up Forza 7, Ass Creed Origins, Wolfenstein and CoD. Wanna get them beforehand to have them installed and updated on the HD so if anyone see’s any half decent deals on em could you let me know?

I got Assassins Creed Gold edition for £56 from the ubistore. You use 100 ubi points from your account ( which you easily should have ) to get 20% off.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/assassins-creed-origins-gold-edition-season-pass-worth-3299-ps4xbox-one-5599-using-ubisoft-points-ubisoft-2815972?page=5#thread-comments

Oooh I’ll check that out! Was thinking of normal edition to first make sure I’ll want the extras but at that price I’m tempted.
  • Destiny was coded with 4k checkerboarding on PS4 so they could do the same with the X. Tgey also have the 4k assets from the PC. However i think the deal with Sony is too tight to do either on the X.

HDR is a definate option though. Bungie has even said it is interested in exploring HDR on the X.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I dunno maybe I'm in the minority here but for me to buy an XBOX I'd much rather 60fps in my games than 4k. Or both of it were possible, but definitely 60fps over 4k.
  • But you won't be able to play mp as it wouldn't be fair if they didn't have the upgraded Xbox
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I dunno maybe I'm in the minority here but for me to buy an XBOX I'd much rather 60fps in my games than 4k. Or both of it were possible, but definitely 60fps over 4k.

There’ll be lots of 60fps though, they’re not just going for 4K. The Destiny case will be rather a specific one because of the Activision deal with Sony.
  • Speedhaak wrote:

The lack of 60FPS on consoles is due to the relatively weak CPUs they're using, the X is no different sadly. The devs have stated as much. It could run 60 in some areas no doubt, but as soon as things get busy it'll drop heavily so the decision to lock it at 30 makes sense.
  • I think a lot of these games will have optional modes; performance, favouring frame rate over resolution, and vice versa.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I'm so close to grabbing a HDR TV before the X launches.......

HDR gamers - is it worth the upgrade?
  • Gears has a performance mode that locks to 1080p with better textures load times and 60fps in all modes
    PSN - minkymu
  • I'm so close to grabbing a HDR TV before the X launches.......

True HDR tvs are defo worth it. Most tvs that claim to be HDR are in fact only capable of decoding a HDR signal but not displaying it in the correct HDR range.

For true HDR you need to spend a min of £900 on a tv that has a 10bit colour panel and a min of 1000 nits brightness. So stay Sony XE9005 or Samsung MU8000 and above.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    I'm so close to grabbing a HDR TV before the X launches.......

True HDR tvs are defo worth it. Most tvs that claim to be HDR are in fact only capable of decoding a HDR signal but not displaying it in the correct HDR range.

For true HDR you need to spend a min of £900 on a tv that has a 10bit colour panel and a min of 1000 nits brightness. So stay Sony XE9005 or Samsung MU8000 and above.

Yeah, HDR is wonderful, it might be an idea to share whatever you’re thinking of getting here for me or Minky in particular to look at.

Just picked up Mario Odyssey and picked up the Game elite card whilst I was at it. Will get £40 back for the Scorpio plus games and would of got another £15 this month for purchases I’ve already made. Wish I’d of got it an age ago.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!