Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Booked the 8th off for Bone day as that's when my delivery date was. Changed address to home instead of work....and now it's saying the 7th!
  • Ah ha ha i have 7th and 8 th off
    PSN - minkymu
  • You do realise you'll be playing the same games you can play on your Xbox Ones?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yes but shinies
    PSN - minkymu
  • I'm jealous, dunno how I'll collect mine after it's been delivered and no one's home
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Parents have strict instructions to say in all day come November 7th.  We’re talking pain of death stealth here.
    Get schwifty.
  • I am actually hyped for this thing.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    I am actually hyped for this thing.

Me too!!
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Can’t wait. Ass Creed, CoD, Forza 7, Gears, Wolfenstein, QB, Doom and Shadow of War will be my first few.

Christ. Every single one of those is a boring ass sequel except for QB and you've already beaten that?

You're glutton for punishment man. They churn this shite out year after year and you lap it up.

Money to burn.
  • That's an offer I can refuse
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    There's no doubt in my mind Destiny 2 could run at 60fps on XBOX, clearly Bungie aren't in a position to embarrass Sony as running Destiny 2 at 60fps and 4k or even 1080p on the XBOX would visually state the prowess of the XBOX over the Pro to your average consumer.

The lack of 60FPS on consoles is due to the relatively weak CPUs they're using, the X is no different sadly. The devs have stated as much. It could run 60 in some areas no doubt, but as soon as things get busy it'll drop heavily so the decision to lock it at 30 makes sense.

Regular bone drops under 30 on some public events I'm sure. It gets crazy when you can have multiple supers going at once.

So far, pc has been better, but I'm sure it still drops slightly on heavier publics.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Can’t wait. Ass Creed, CoD, Forza 7, Gears, Wolfenstein, QB, Doom and Shadow of War will be my first few.

Christ. Every single one of those is a boring ass sequel except for QB and you've already beaten that?

You're glutton for punishment man. They churn this shite out year after year and you lap it up.

Money to burn.

To be honest I’ll enjoy them a lot more than I have MARIO so far. And if you break it down Golf Story? Seriously? And Stardew Valley? And Mario stroking Rabbids stuff?! I think the same of that!! But...I enjoy this stuff, doesn’t have to reinvent the wheel, just be fun for 10 hours plus. TASTES INNIT?!
  • Has anyone seen the X running on a proper 4k display yet? I have. Fuck me sideways it looks nice.

Wasnt just the tv either.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

Money to burn.

To be honest I’ll enjoy them a lot more than I have MARIO so far. And if you break it down Golf Story? Seriously? And Stardew Valley? And Mario stroking Rabbids stuff?! I think the same of that!! But...I enjoy this stuff, doesn’t have to reinvent the wheel, just be fun for 10 hours plus. TASTES INNIT?!

Sorry mate, came across as arsey and didn't mean to. It's been a long week innit. The lack of originality in most AAA releases has reached epic levels and it just annoys me.

Rabbids was shite aye.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Has anyone seen the X running on a proper 4k display yet? I have. Fuck me sideways it looks nice.

Wasnt just the tv either.

Bet it doesn't look as good as Mario in a sombrero.

• TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    I'm so close to grabbing a HDR TV before the X launches....... HDR gamers - is it worth the upgrade?
    True HDR tvs are defo worth it. Most tvs that claim to be HDR are in fact only capable of decoding a HDR signal but not displaying it in the correct HDR range. For true HDR you need to spend a min of £900 on a tv that has a 10bit colour panel and a min of 1000 nits brightness. So stay Sony XE9005 or Samsung MU8000 and above.
    Yeah, HDR is wonderful, it might be an idea to share whatever you’re thinking of getting here for me or Minky in particular to look at. Just picked up Mario Odyssey and picked up the Game elite card whilst I was at it. Will get £40 back for the Scorpio plus games and would of got another £15 this month for purchases I’ve already made. Wish I’d of got it an age ago.

If I dive in I’m going to be going for the KD55A1. 

Perhaps a little ott - but I’m currently running the last Panasonic Plasma TV (model number escapes me at the moment) and I’m going to have to invest some big bucks if I’m going to beat what I already have.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The A1 is a godlike set. I’m eyeing the sixty five incher.
    Get schwifty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Do these sets have the variable frame rate jazz that the bone can do? Or am I making that up as a thing?
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Not yet - to be honest that’s the only doubt I have about getting a new tv at the moment.
  • No TV has Freesync yet. But you wait you'll pay top premium prices and then they'll release something else .

I'd look for Dolby Vision and HDR10 myself as a priority
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

Money to burn.

Sorry mate, came across as arsey and didn't mean to. It's been a long week innit. The lack of originality in most AAA releases has reached epic levels and it just annoys me.

Rabbids was shite aye.

You never need say sorry dude, I know exactly what you’re like and love you for it. You should rejoin the group, misses your input.
    Beautiful set.

Anyone know if there’s a Scorpio in the London MS store?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    I'm so close to grabbing a HDR TV before the X launches....... HDR gamers - is it worth the upgrade?
    True HDR tvs are defo worth it. Most tvs that claim to be HDR are in fact only capable of decoding a HDR signal but not displaying it in the correct HDR range. For true HDR you need to spend a min of £900 on a tv that has a 10bit colour panel and a min of 1000 nits brightness. So stay Sony XE9005 or Samsung MU8000 and above.
    Yeah, HDR is wonderful, it might be an idea to share whatever you’re thinking of getting here for me or Minky in particular to look at. Just picked up Mario Odyssey and picked up the Game elite card whilst I was at it. Will get £40 back for the Scorpio plus games and would of got another £15 this month for purchases I’ve already made. Wish I’d of got it an age ago.

Perhaps a little ott - but I’m currently running the last Panasonic Plasma TV (model number escapes me at the moment) and I’m going to have to invest some big bucks if I’m going to beat what I already have.

Very nice choice bud.

However if you dont need the Sony accoustic surface screen/sound tech i would seriously consider the Panasonic oled, the EZ952.

The 55" Pana EZ952 is currently £800 cheper the the A1, and in side by side instore tests that i have carried out using 4k and 1080p footage i would say the Pana matches the Sony on colour and HDR but actually beats it on motion.

**edit- if i had £2k to spink on a TV i would defo go with the Pana EZ952. Defo. Defo
    PSN - minkymu
  • The pana is £1999 in Currys but you may get it for a few wuid less online
    PSN - minkymu
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Do these sets have the variable frame rate jazz that the bone can do? Or am I making that up as a thing?

Currently just monitors bud

PSN - minkymu
  • Plus the £800 you save will get you either the Samsung 950 dolby atmos bar or the LG SJ9 dolby atmos bar.

Boom
    PSN - minkymu
  • Unless space is an issue I'd never get a sound bar. Im looking at this.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-18601-onkyo-hts7805-512-home-cinema-system.aspx
  • For Freesync/adaptive refresh technology I think you want a TV that has HDMI 2.1, as the tech is baked into the standard IIRC. Really great tech that will keep gameplay noticeably smoother compared to a display without it (in games with uneven framerates), but TBF it looks like a right pain trying to buy a TV with all the latest and greatest features right now.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Unless space is an issue I'd never get a sound bar. Im looking at this.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-18601-onkyo-hts7805-512-home-cinema-system.aspx

You’ve not met my Samsung KW950. Best sound set up I’ve ever bought by miles.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!