Dinostar77 wrote:
    Will defo pickup post February.

How do you know?
    it's the January dip fool!

• The Daddy wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Will defo pickup post February.

How do you know?

Its what the market has done for the past 5 years. There is historical data backing this up. There is the caveat that tighter regulations and more kyc (know your customer) will affect prices for awhile, but that's a good think and gets rid of more scammed.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Reading that it looks very snark. It wasn't directed at you Dino, I was just trying to make it explicit that my predictions were based on nothing other than a hunch.

Dino is kinda a dumb sucker though, it's the unexpressed truth itt.

Awwhh mate, love you too. X

If I'm a sucker then so are IBM and Microsoft who offer blockchain as a service. As are every major financial institution in the world who make up the R3, blockchain financial consortium. So are the United Nations, who are piloting use of blockchain technology to help fight child trafficking and trying to help give identity over a billion people who have none.

So are Walmart and other major companies who want to blockchain the supply chain.

But what do I know, just a dumb sucker right? X
  • Reading that it looks very snark. It wasn't directed at you Dino, I was just trying to make it explicit that my predictions were based on nothing other than a hunch.

I didn't read it like that. I'd like at 90% drop in bitcoin price as it did back in 2013. However I think Futures market shorting bitcoin is having an affect

• Dinostar77 wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    Reading that it looks very snark. It wasn't directed at you Dino, I was just trying to make it explicit that my predictions were based on nothing other than a hunch.

Dino is kinda a dumb sucker though, it's the unexpressed truth itt.

Awwhh mate, love you too. X

If I'm a sucker then so are IBM and Microsoft who offer blockchain as a service. As are every major financial institution in the world who make up the R3, blockchain financial consortium. So are the United Nations, who are piloting use of blockchain technology to help fight child trafficking and trying to help give identity over a billion people who have none.

So are Walmart and other major companies who want to blockchain the supply chain.

But what do I know, just a dumb sucker right? X

For the millionth time, that is an answer to the accusation "you are a dumbass for believing in blockchain tech".

It is not an answer to "you are a dumbass for buying all these cryptocurrencies and believing they can only go up"

The point about the difference between crypto and blockchain has been made so many times, I think goobs has made it at least three times. And yet you - a dumbass sucker - continue to make this error.

You just can't help some people. They were made to be suckers, and whatever it is - a pyramid, a Ponzi, straight up gambling, this- they just won't hear sense.
  • I'm gonna start using The Blockchain Defence for every argument now.

"Why are you late to work?"

I think you'll find blockchain is being used by many many corporations and clearly has extremely interesting use cases.

"Why did you shit in this kettle?"

Blockchain is here to stay, I think you'll find.
  • Gman@ ive deleted it. Lost my temper. Won't do in future.
  • Reign it in both of you. This is not how we carry on here.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Cryptocurruncies can exist without a blockchain though, you only need the blockchains if your crypto needs to be used in some public manner while remaining secure.

There's no blockchain for the global token system used by places like Wework to let their tenants pay for printing and meeting rooms in any of their offices around the world for example.

#Idontwanttobethatguybut
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • He's still got it has our Hozno.
  • The point is that the usefulness and success of blockchain doesn't directly equate to the usefulness or success of crypto currency.
    Sorry but if you cant separate the two then it comes across like the Kool Aid has vey much been chugged.

Crypto is a use for blockchain, like cash is a use for the printing press.
  • The point is that the usefulness and success of blockchain doesn't direct equate to the usefulness or success of crypto currency.
    Sorry but if you cant separate the two then it comes across like the Kool Aid has vey much been chugged.

Crypto is a use for blockchain, like cash is a use for the printing press.

There's no point, he has what we used to call "a knowledge problem".

• Brooks wrote:
    He's still got it has our Hozno.
    Tyvm, I do try
  • g.man wrote:
    Reign it in both of you. This is not how we carry on here.
    Sorry bud I won't do it again
  • Roujin wrote:
    Cryptocurruncies can exist without a blockchain though, you only need the blockchains if your crypto needs to be used in some public manner while remaining secure.

There's no blockchain for the global token system used by places like Wework to let their tenants pay for printing and meeting rooms in any of their offices around the world for example.

#Idontwanttobethatguybut

For wework to be defined as a cryptocurrency it needs to utilise public and private keys basic tenants of pki. The data has to be hashed and a digest produced otherwise its simply not "cryptography". It doesn't seem to do that. There are a few alternatives to blockhain such as block lattices and tangle but even they as a minimum require public and private keys.

I politely disagree with your statement of blockchain only needing to be used in some public manner while being secure. There are lots of use cases for it be used internally in companies.
  • Sorry, wasn't clear. Yeah if you need security use a blockchain, I was just saying you can have a cryptocurrency that isn't tied to a blockchain if security of the currency is not an issue a la an internally used currency where your users are not a potential risk for fraud/theft.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FWIW, Wiki seems to define cryptocurrencies as being based on blockchains for security.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency
  • The blockchain is only if you need decentralised control though. You could still create your own hashed digital currency and if you were controlling your currency yourself you wouldn't need the blockchain because the transactions are all happening internally and can be authorised and controlled by a single point of reference without requiring consensus from multiple sources.

Okay I'm bailing out here.

Fyi everyone in construction is wet for blockchains cos they can use it to setup and schedule out all the controlled payments directly to all project team members from the ultimate client even if project teams are subcontracted to the designers or the builder.

Okay now I'm out!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That all sounds reasonable, but it may be that centralised versions are called something different to cryptocurrencies, regardless of whether or not they use cryptography. Mayber.
  • Who knows, at that point I think we're arguing over technicalities so it's all good. Hopefully.

Now, who wants to buy some of the upcoming Roujcoin? It's new, super low buy in and the only way is up! It's very secure, it has the best security, it represents a great deal for the American taxpayer. It uses what I am patenting as the 'notchain' a ledger so secure that you can't ever be the victim of fraud, it's very quick too, whereas Bitcoin blockchain takes 15 minutes to verify, I can verify infinite transactions a second because the ledger does not allow trading. That's right, there is no risk of theft of data at all. It's time to Make A Guy Affluent!
  • Roujin, it wouldn't take too much effort to launch a roujcoin. Buy a tech whitepaper from dodgy people who sell them, plaster roujcoin all over it. Create or buy some fake Internet accounts and launch your ico (initial coin offering). Wait for the money to come in and then do a runner to a country with no extradition treaties. Boom. You'll be living the life of a millionaire thanks to roujcoin.
  • Roujcoin is in no way affiliated with that plan. I promise.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’re missing a trick here:

Roujees.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    A Roujinar
  • RouYen
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • winnar
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!