The Apple Thread
  • If you've been with them for a while, never missed a payment etc, then you stand a decent chance, even if you have to negotiate a bit.

Customer acquisition is the biggest cost faced by operators, and they'll do a hell of a lot to retain their customers on the cheap.

Basically, you've got the power, so use it!
  • I'll probably save money by moving to a 12 month sim-only anyway as I've been on this rolling month one for 18 months so far but cheers.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've literally just had O2 chat operator begging me to stay, I suppose it's their job, poor old Miley...

b0r1s: So... could I get my PAC code please?
    Miley: I will help you with the PAC don't worry.
    Miley: I'd like to tell you that O2 has launched an application named Tu GO. You can download it from Apple store or Android Play store.
    Miley: This application is specially for network problem areas.
    Miley: You can connect it through your home broadband or Wi-Fi.
    Miley: You can use it to make and receiver calls, texts etc.
    b0r1s: Yep, heard about this, but that doesn't alleviate the issue in car :-)
    Miley: I understand that, have you spoken to our network investigations team regarding this?
    b0r1s: nope
    Miley: b0r1s, I would request you to please speak with them first and if it doesn't resolve the issue, we'll issue the PAC. You will still use the PAC after 13/10/2013 and once I issue it today it will be valid for 30 days only. You can retain the PA anytime however first I would request you to give a last chance and speak with the network team.
    b0r1s: I've already received my phone from EE and, as I said, it is not just the signal issues, but the desire to use more and faster data.
    b0r1s: I think as a network you need to consider what your competitors are doing in this area.
    Miley: I can give it to you on 4G for £52 a month with no one off cost with 5Gb data, I've checked your usage as well and this deal will suit you the best.
    b0r1s: My usage now is not what my usage will be when I start to use my phone more for data. Please process the PAC code.
    Miley: I understand that and will arrange the PAC for you.
    b0r1s: Thank you Miley
    Miley: If you don't use the PAC within 30 days, your account with us will remain active and you'll need to contact us again for the new PAC.
    b0r1s: I understand
    Miley: Thanks for waiting.
    Miley: Will give you the PAC.
    b0r1s: OK
  • Sorry £52 with ltd data what now?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    Sorry £52 with ltd data what now?

I did explain earlier in the convo that I was paying £46 for 10GB and unlimited calls etc
  • It took me 20 minutes to get a PAC code from 3. I told the bloke after a few minutes of his fucking around that I had no interest in negotiating, had already received my new phone and, although they'd lost my business on this occasion, I'd keep an open mind about coming back to them in the future, but only if they stopped messing about and provided me with my code.

He didn't get the message, wouldn't shut up about the various deals he had on offer, and at one point accused me of lying about the deal I was getting on another network and that my company was buying the new phone for me. No companies in Britain supply iPhones to their employees apparently.

[/pointless ranting]
  • T'was well easy to get my PAC from O2. I just phoned them, told them the deal I was looking at, they confirmed they couldn't touch that and I got the code by SMS a few minutes later.
  • AJ wrote:
    T'was well easy to get my PAC from O2. I just phoned them, told them the deal I was looking at, they confirmed they couldn't touch that and I got the code by SMS a few minutes later.

Wish I had the same experience. After being on hold for half an hour, I used the online chat service. Got the usual crap about trying to give me a good deal. Some retarded comments from them materialised. I had to leave as it was getting late (at work on Friday). Next day, at Carphone Warehouse waited ages on phone. Decided I'll just get the PAC later.

I am at this very minute waiting online for the PAC via chat again. Apparently system is slow at generating the PAC. Fucking fuckers, just give it to me now I wanna go home!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Try asking them to text it to you when it's ready.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Was looking around at switching to 3 for a possible 5S upgrade from the clustershite that is O2 recently. They certainly now offer a £15/month One plan that offers a 12 month deal of,

2000 Minutes
    5000 Texts
    5000 3 to 3 Minutes (same network)
    Unlimited data on 3G (4G launching later this year)
    Unlimited Tethering
    £15pm

Unlimited data with unlimited tethering (Digital Spy rumours of easy 200gig tethered...) and some minutes or texts. 

Seems a fairly remarkable deal in that it blows just about anything else I've seen out the water by miles. Almost seems too good to be true but they seem to have a network in London to cope too. 
    Was looking at finding the cash to get a 5S sorted and I'd be there in a shot. Paying through the nose for the odd 08 number would be no problem for what I use the mobile for.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • You realise the £15 one is without a phone? It's £52 p/m (or £41 p/m + £99 up front) with a 5S. Apart from the tethering, the Virgin one beats that by having unlimited everything.

I do like that they make it very obvious what isn't included, though; that scores big points with me.

Edit: I can't read, apparently.
    isanbard wrote:
    Was looking at finding the cash to get a 5S sorted and I'd be there in a shot.
  • Wait... Thinking about it, I don't use anything like those amounts of texts/minutes. If Virgin won't give me tethering, I'm gonna switch. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Is anyone else finding that YouTube videos are struggling to play on iOS7? I'm on an iPad 2 and iPhone 4, but everything else seems to work fine.
  • I've not tried. You using the app or the site?
  • Both.  Linked ones on here, too.
  • Had a quick look on my 4S and it seems alright. Are other web videos alright?
  • isanbard wrote:
    Was looking around at switching to 3 for a possible 5S upgrade from the clustershite that is O2 recently. They certainly now offer a £15/month One plan

Wow, that's a great offer, pretty recent I'm guessing. Switching to that forthwith. Thanks!
  • Sounds like what I'll go for as my £15 rolling month contract doesn't now exist. This one has that tethering too.

In other news, I have a gold 5S on order with the Apple online store, I'm vaguely hopeful that they'll prioritize re-stocking that.
  • Chav. :p

Gonna phone Virgin later and see if they'll give me free tethering. Will report back whether they do.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    According to reviews the gold looks very much better in the flesh.
  • It's still gold, though. Nothing looks good in gold.
  • I dont like how youtube videos now look in IO7. The buttons for doing stuff are too dark.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    dfaa.jpg

Things that look good in any colour don't count,
  • The gold's the biggest seller I'll have you know. Although I'd concede that's mostly women. And pimps.
  • That kinda proves it, though; most people have no taste. What's the biggest selling newspaper, for instance, or the most watched TV show?
  • I mean, if you like gold, there's no problem with that. You just have to accept you're grouped with people who go to Tesco in their pyjamas and think shell-suit bottoms are suitable evening wear.
  • This time next year all phones will be gold.
  • I expect they will. I'll probably still be using my 4S, rocking it in black and grey.
  • Autocorrect is getting on my tits.  Frequently, if I do the whole reverse-auto-correct thing by hitting backspace and pressing on the option for what I'd actually typed, autocorrect deletes the space in front of the word.  Today, it's started replacing commas with exclamation marks, despite it being one of my least used bits of punctuation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!