Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Sneaky peak at the pre-order digital bonuses. Sword and emote.

ps7crm01_dest2_me_07.png
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Also, Xbox lol.

Awaits Scorpio version.

Popcorn.gif

• It's pretty much unthinkable that it'll be anything more than the Pro version. 

Maybe proper 4k rather than pretend.

Which comes out first? Scorpio or D2?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    D2 almost certainly.
  • Beano has a PS4?

Hes on my friends list.
    assuming  its him as i dont think i know another beano?
  • Jack frags impressions of console and pc versions.

• So anyone about for a few tonight then?
  • I'll be on shortly
  • ok on in 10.
  • When is the Betta out?
  • legaldinho wrote:
    When is the Betta out?

Nobody knows but July probs.

Personally I think PS will be getting another early Alpha over E3.

• I must say I'm not liking how weak and uninspired the guns look, Everything seems to take ages to die in both pve and pvp.

The new Warlock class looks like a shit hammer titan too, mixed in with a few of the crappier Sunsinger perks that nobody used

Day 1 etc etc
  • I reckon beta stuff will be announced at E3. Hopefully it's July as that's when I'll be home from my holiday.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Time to kill has been increased, they confirmed that at the event. Re Moe.
  • gah, fell asleep waiting for my housemate to finish his Issac run.
  • No probs.

Had a few iffy matches and went to sleep.

I think maybe I'm done with D1 now.
  • I did kingsfall and wrath while waiting!
  • I can't be arsed to do a LP, but have looked into this a fair bit.

Negatives: no dedicated servers and increase for some activities in MP to 8 players total instead of 6, 30fps on console; reports that titan skating was absent is a little worrying, hopefully have not designed movement mechanics out of the game. Don't see how raid matchmaking can work.

Postivies: 4v4 mp standard means all population will be "trained" in mp activities that are higher end. Lots here only really played 6v6 for banner. Maps should be easier to design well. Slower TTK will mean higher skill gap and opportunities for adjustments in game. MP loot system seems more generous and in game off /matchmaking will help players meet and get together hopefully, if rando ppl accept party invites esp.

SP will be shite but polished as per TTK (awkward acronym in destiny, that). I expect the cabal raid will kick arsen given they have been working on it in some form or another since D1 launch.

I haven't played any games in 2 months, this one might cause me to dip in, but the kind of all in shiz I experienced with D1, no.

• legaldinho wrote:
    I can't be arsed to do a LP, but have looked into this a fair bit. Negatives: no dedicated servers and increase for some activities in MP to 8 players total instead of 6, 30fps on console; reports that titan skating was absent is a little worrying, hopefully have not designed movement mechanics out of the game. Don't see how raid matchmaking can work. Postivies: 4v4 mp standard means all population will be "trained" in mp activities that are higher end. Lots here only really played 6v6 for banner. Maps should be easier to design well. Slower TTK will mean higher skill gap and opportunities for adjustments in game. MP loot system seems more generous and in game off /matchmaking will help players meet and get together hopefully, if rando ppl accept party invites esp. SP will be shite but polished as per TTK (awkward acronym in destiny, that). I expect the cabal raid will kick arsen given they have been working on it in some form or another since D1 launch. I haven't played any games in 2 months, this one might cause me to dip in, but the kind of all in shiz I experienced with D1, no.

Not sure I'd agree with that like. A slower ttk just means more team shooting and same-laning, With less opportunity for individual skill. Thorn vs Thorn is the highest skill-gap the game has ever had, if you can die almost immediately then aim and positioning become more important and you're punished more for mistakes.

I think if slower ttk = higher skill gap they wouldn't have gone for it, as the game seems to be moving in a more casual friendly direction.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    reports that titan skating was absent is a little worrying, hopefully have not designed movement mechanics out of the game

They have. It was confirmed by Luke Smith at the IGN interview. They want to slow the game down and scale it back to Halo 2/3 days.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    I can't be arsed to do a LP, but have looked into this a fair bit. Negatives: no dedicated servers and increase for some activities in MP to 8 players total instead of 6, 30fps on console; reports that titan skating was absent is a little worrying, hopefully have not designed movement mechanics out of the game. Don't see how raid matchmaking can work. Postivies: 4v4 mp standard means all population will be "trained" in mp activities that are higher end. Lots here only really played 6v6 for banner. Maps should be easier to design well. Slower TTK will mean higher skill gap and opportunities for adjustments in game. MP loot system seems more generous and in game off /matchmaking will help players meet and get together hopefully, if rando ppl accept party invites esp. SP will be shite but polished as per TTK (awkward acronym in destiny, that). I expect the cabal raid will kick arsen given they have been working on it in some form or another since D1 launch. I haven't played any games in 2 months, this one might cause me to dip in, but the kind of all in shiz I experienced with D1, no.

Not sure I'd agree with that like. A slower ttk just means more team shooting and same-laning, With less opportunity for individual skill. Thorn vs Thorn is the highest skill-gap the game has ever had, if you can die almost immediately then aim and positioning become more important and you're punished more for mistakes.

I think if slower ttk = higher skill gap they wouldn't have gone for it, as the game seems to be moving in a more casual friendly direction.

Try killing nmd in halo 2, having the drop on him didn't necessarily help you. In destiny he dies first if you see him first 9/10. Going by your own reasoning, higher ttk means more opportunity to adjust. The thorn example is a terrible one, defining skill as just aim and positioning excludes movement and jukes. Higher ttk allows for wider pool f skills to come into play. Finally, if team shooting is effective with ttk of 0.9 sec, it is much more effective if the ttk is 0.5.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    reports that titan skating was absent is a little worrying, hopefully have not designed movement mechanics out of the game

They have. It was confirmed by Luke Smith at the IGN interview. They want to slow the game down and scale it back to Halo 2/3 days.

Well then I hope they address things like hunter ceiling hopping etc. Good time to be a warlock though i guess
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    In my opinion pve and pvp should be completely divorced from one another. I heard somewhere that the hunter dash on the Gunslinger subclass refills your magazine on connection. These are the types of skills I was hoping to see.

They have also explicitly said that one-shot abilities and grenades are gone. All skills are to now compliment the gunplay. So no more shoulder barging, sticky grenades or backstabs. 

Thankfully.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    MoesTavern wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    Not sure I'd agree with that like. A slower ttk just means more team shooting and same-laning, With less opportunity for individual skill. Thorn vs Thorn is the highest skill-gap the game has ever had, if you can die almost immediately then aim and positioning become more important and you're punished more for mistakes. I think if slower ttk = higher skill gap they wouldn't have gone for it, as the game seems to be moving in a more casual friendly direction.
    Try killing nmd in halo 2, having the drop on him didn't necessarily help you. In destiny he dies first if you see him first 9/10. Going by your own reasoning, higher ttk means more opportunity to adjust. The thorn example is a terrible one, defining skill as just aim and positioning excludes movement and jukes. Higher ttk allows for wider pool f skills to come into play. Finally, if team shooting is effective with ttk of 0.9 sec, it is much more effective if the ttk is 0.5.

Which is what I mean by positioning. If I get the angle on him and he's caught out in the open, why shouldn't he die first? He would be punished for his mistake like I said. With a higher ttk you can get away with sloppy positioning, not sticking near cover etc as you can usually get away. I also didn't say skill is just aim and positioning, merely that they're important.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    In my opinion pve and pvp should be completely divorced from one another. I heard somewhere that the hunter dash on the Gunslinger subclass refills your magazine on connection. These are the types of skills I was hoping to see. They have also explicitly said that one-shot abilities and grenades are gone. All skills are to now compliment the gunplay. So no more shoulder barging, sticky grenades or backstabs.  Thankfully.

Shoulder charge is still in, I think.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah but it's not a one-hit kill any more.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    In my opinion pve and pvp should be completely divorced from one another. I heard somewhere that the hunter dash on the Gunslinger subclass refills your magazine on connection. These are the types of skills I was hoping to see.

They have also explicitly said that one-shot abilities and grenades are gone. All skills are to now compliment the gunplay. So no more shoulder barging, sticky grenades or backstabs. 

Thankfully.

Yeah, dodge refills ammo.

But that's a global class ability, so not just Gunslinger.

Same with titans shield (which also refills ammo when you duck behind) and warlocks blessings/weapons of light.
  • Also, supers do less damage to other supers.

The idea is you get short super battles rather than the one-hit kills we have now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!