Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Territories used to work fine in 4v4 halo. Even though it was unpopular in mm.

Meanwhile, patrol areas in destiny continue to be flawed. If we insist on having the patrol missions dished out from the green lights, there can't be sections where there's no to collect.

The map layout continues to sit uneasily as well between linear spokes that require a backtrack, aka, the bits from story missions they leave open, and a basic loop, with very little in clever shortcuts.

Plaguelands is bad for it.

At least tip your hat to dark souls you fuckers. (dreadnought was heading this way.)

Would love them to find a narrative device that gives a good excuse to make the open part a big circle with the story missions all leading off it towards the middle with a link section in the middle.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    What's the meta in pvp like these days. Am I thorning it up or can I rock a scout?

*cough*
  • Ok, so I know all the issues with power that secondaries had, but is starting with no secondary ammo really the solution? That seems to me to be conceding a major flaw in balance.

Edit: slight retraction. I notice you do spawn with secondary ammo. If you die you need to find it.

Had a few wins. Scary how quickly I'm back to middle of the pack and useful.

Were there rise of iron mp maps? Haven't come across anything new yet.
  • I'm fairly certain scouts are fine in PvP.

The solution they had to secondaries was to basically remove them from the game.
    Facewon wrote:
    Were there rise of iron mp maps? Haven't come across anything new yet.

Last Exit, Skyline, Floating Gardens. There is another, but it's PS exclusive.
  • Played skyline. Pretty sure I played something else new on Mars. Mentioned timekeeper.
  • Supremacy isn't a bad little gametype. Shame so many of the gametypes seem to come and go.

The ctf/bomb style one is no more. Tipping it was quit central.

Mercy rule seems fairly well on point. Was in prior to my stopping. Loot system seems a little better now. Certainly easy enough to see what paths you might take, and what's useful and what's not.

Still though. Once I'm through the basic missions and have tried the strikes, I'll be done again.
  • Facewon wrote:
    What's the meta in pvp like these days. Am I thorning it up or can I rock a scout?
    *cough*

Thorn is dead (RIP), but basically it's still Handcannons. Specifically the Palindrome (Crucible vendor gun) with all the range perks you can muster.

As you say, they've basically ditched Secondaries for the final update. It does mean that there's a lot more Icebreakers out there (although not that many Invectives from what I can tell). 

It's reasonable at the moment. A shadow of it's former self, but far from the worst version there's been. 

Maps wise, some of those Rise maps are pretty good, but they're not coming up all that often.

Playlists are on a weekly rotation. So for this week for example, Control is there but Clash isn't. That'll swap around next week. I think you're talking about Salvage. If it's not an option at the moment it will be on Tuesday.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • There's a special place in hell for players who rush opposite spawn on pantheon control.

Especially when you have b under control.

Salvage isn't the one I was thinking of.
  • Rift. That's what I was thinking of.
  • Gotta say the ammo thing with specials seems about right to me.

Have to use them sparingly, not getting constantly ripped by any of them so far.

There's just no "I'm constantly getting ripped by X"

(solar hammer seems powerful still, but haven't noticed it completely destroy many games.)
  • I think they've gone too far the other way with Specials. They've practically disappeared from play.

The weapon slots for D2 sound fantastic.

Heavy Primary focus with plenty of options. Specials to feel special again.

Can't wait.
  • Woah, you weren't kidding. They rotate everything.

No control this week. That's harsh.

Had a couple of cracking games in other stuff though. Clash is fine, depending on map. Rift is really rather good. (am I right in thinking they have adjusted scoring so it's not so harsh in rift?)

Red death is serving me well.

First citizen IX is my new fav machine gun. Those crazy bastards at bungie finally allowed a big clip, fast rof mg with low recoil. It's brutal.

• Hopefully the game is balanced in pve to account for the big decrease in damage the new weapon system will lead to. Damage numbers are down across the board, and not being able to have a sniper plus a rocket launcher/lmg will reduce dps even further. No Weapons of Light either.

I just hope it's not Bungie's way of making pve in D2 more grindy
  • Also have they given a reason for making all supers roaming now? I don't understand that at all.
  • Face, there's yet another god-roll Palindrome this week if you've got the marks.

Best primary in the game currently.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    Also have they given a reason for making all supers roaming now? I don't understand that at all.

To make them betterer?

They've given supers a full rethink. Even the returning ones a redesigned to the point of being essentially new. Making them all roaming takes away some of their individuality, but does make them all useful and powerful in more situations.

And in PvP we're going to get awesome super battles (there's no one-shotting other supers).

Turns out, Cap Titan's shield can tank 3 golden gun shots while team mates hiding behind can shoot through it. 

I'm very excited about Destiny 2.
  • Face, Red Death was considered to be one of the worst exotics in the game a while back, there are so many legendary weapons that just outclass it. If you're doing well with it, you might find yourself beasting if you use one of the many pulses that are much better...
  • Face, Red Death was considered to be one of the worst exotics in the game a while back, there are so many legendary weapons that just outclass it. If you're doing well with it, you might find yourself beasting if you use one of the many pulses that are much better...

Parthian shot is my fave at the moment.
  • Noted. Got some others that I want to try too. Largely on red death because everything is new and I haven't unlocked perks.

Eventually, the p2p is gonna annoy me, but damn they got a lot right. The maps are generally great too. Going almost entirely symmetrical helps.

• Parthian shot is indeed excellent but such a slow rate of fire. Can it still two tap folk?
  • Gotta love random drops giving me all the weapons you guys are mentioning. Parthian with radar in scope is tasty.
  • Tempting to come back for Destiny 2. Is it a whole new game, like, we start from level 0 again with completely new character?
  • Yuuuuuuuup.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The dlc better up it's game this time around. I guess they spent most of the last one fixing the basic game so I'm expecting a hell of an improvement for 2 all round.
  • Maybe, just maybe, the dlc will be included in the released game...
  • Almost certainly.

I look forward to glitching through walls into unpopulated but clearly finished play spaces.

From interviews and stuff, it seems like a whole lot of effort in the last couple of years has gone into improving the tools for better/quicker dlc content.
  • Patrols better have tiers.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    In an alternate world where Activision fuck off Destiny was produced like a proper MMO and instead of D2 this would be the first epic expansion Burning Crusades style.
  • I'm a say no on the 2 tap with parthian, but damn, if you are accurate and/or team shooting and/or other damage,its brutal.

Some of these maps are really not great, or at least take ages to figure out outside of control.

Had a heck of a game on last exit. Ended up being cool, but that map is hella confusing. Being symmetrical, but In a triangle makes for an interesting rift game, but jesus it took a while to know what was happening.
  • Rift really is great. Basically neutral bomb. Brilliant fun. Scoring seems different and better. I could be wrong.

Just had 2 kills with parthian and can confirm 2 headshots takes enemy down to a sliver of health, but not 2 tap.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!