Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Does anyone wanna play Banner with me later?
  • Sorry Dan, I'm getting a bit fed up carrying people.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Zinthos wrote:
    Dubs wrote:
    I'd be up for a prestige NF tonight if anyone's about.  Should be good to raid tomorrow night but I'm not sure about the weekend yet.
    What time were you thinking? PNF is on my to do list :D

I'll be on around 8pm.
  • Prestige Nightfall is reasonably easy this week. Recommend Arc weapons, Especially Rockets for the Lieutenants before the dig site and having at least one super available platform you drop in to after the first burner jet jumps, 2 if possible as you'll get two waves there that can make up some time for you.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Don't get the beef with the tokens? It's simple. I wouldn't mind a return of bounties with rewards being weapon mods and shaders etc. But the tokens are fine.

I think tokens are fine for the midgame, you have an easy guaranteed supply of legendaries exactly when you need them. the problem comes later when you realise there's literally no way of actually buying anything in the game, every vendor is a dice roll with no way of 'progressing' towards the item you actually want. It's not much fun turning in 100 banner tokens and getting 3 pulses and 2 scouts. it just discourages rather than encourages you to play more.

I would have preferred a token system which let you buy a specific item you're missing. Say you've ran the raid loads of times but still haven't got the helmet, you could use your saved up tokens to buy it.
  • voices wrote:
    The PvE is a bit shite, that's true enough.

Actually (raid apart) it's magnitudes better than vanilla Destiny. No bullet hose bosses, no empty worlds and repetitive, pointless patrols. Genuine use of themes in the campaign (losing your power), interesting lore in the adventures etc .

What speed suggests is that the guns and characters are underpowered for PvE. That's only true as a comparison of you compare playing vanilla with rare drop primaries with an elemental effect, in practice mostly fatebringer, or gjallahorn, black hammer etc. First of all it's clear that in destiny vanilla badgers only got to that position about two months in. I saw one poster arguing with djr about fatebringer's utility in November, before he's got it. Made me lol.

So really this is a complaint about not having crutches like last time. Now to succeed in tough content requires fire teams to coordinate, eg the titan wall and warlock rift, to work together on their supers etc. Bungie clearly wants this for hard content. But some of its following doesn't want to do this. They wanna grind for two months or more, and after that they want to feel powerful without effort. They want to fatebringer and gjallahorn everything, camping back of map and clearing mobs and tap tap tapping at that yellow bar for five minutes until he's dead. That is fun endgame for them. Bungie rightly adjudged that catering for such people was not the way to grab people. A fast striking squad rolling together and meeking enemies at strategic points, using all tools in their arsenal, that was their design aim. It's only been a mixed success I think, but it was the better thing to aim at in my view.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Don't get the beef with the tokens? It's simple. I wouldn't mind a return of bounties with rewards being weapon mods and shaders etc. But the tokens are fine.

I think tokens are fine for the midgame, you have an easy guaranteed supply of legendaries exactly when you need them. the problem comes later when you realise there's literally no way of actually buying anything in the game, every vendor is a dice roll with no way of 'progressing' towards the item you actually want. It's not much fun turning in 100 banner tokens and getting 3 pulses and 2 scouts. it just discourages rather than encourages you to play more.

I would have preferred a token system which let you buy a specific item you're missing. Say you've ran the raid loads of times but still haven't got the helmet, you could use your saved up tokens to buy it.

You're aware that some vendors have non-fixed /rolling "additional" loot tables, right? So compared to destiny 1 rng, you do have a chance with tokens to focus on a particular pool target. Fuck load of good it's done me so far to get the antiope, but still, better a 1/10 shot than 1/160

• If you need an Antiope the Sondok-c is the blue equivalent. For all intents and purposes it's the same gun with the same perks. It's a guaranteed drop from the Exodus Siege adventure on Nessus.
  • Thanks, I got that tip but you reminded me. I've been using Phillips B blue SMG too. Now I have an adjudicator on PS4 I'm trying to get used to that.
  • I completely suck with smgs, I just can't handle the recoil well enough.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I completely suck with smgs, I just can't handle the recoil well enough.

Mr neither; where I'm close enough to use one, it feels like a sidearm would be more effective. There's a small window where it's definitely more effective than either an auto or sidearm, but it's very difficult to engineer that range.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I just don’t like automatic weapons.
  • They are glorious, luxury weapons.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I like lining up glorious, luxurious headshots.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Crying in a police station?
  • No, that's First Blood.
  • Keep mid range and use double pulse for if anything is closer, Mida and Uriels, only change I'd make is for a sidearm for up close but I couldn't take Uriels out for one. Not original but it works. Also helps as mobility as low as possible, be a tank not a sports car for PVP.
  • I'm going to run origin story and last hope tonight, with transversive steps for the speed boost. It's ludicrous how much you have to miss out on to replace mida as your primary.
  • Double pulse - vomit

I really don't like MIDA/Uriel's as a loadout, I feel using either MIDA/Last Hope or Antelope with Uriel's/Manana/FWC Scout will lead to people improving as players.
  • I agree mida/last hope is the most effective loadout for me, but I'm not sure it helps me improve generally except by giving me the ability to push and cover ranges. Mainly this is because mida's third eye is a crutch and I really badly miss it on other loadouts, which means I almost feel blind just running Pleiades or Uriel's. Another thing is the aim assist at 100 is not the best practice for shot accuracy using other scouts, autos or handcannons.
  • Up for banner now of badgers are around
  • Nothing is good practice for shot accuracy with handcannons since it's RNG anyway.
  • And yeah, I meant the loadouts I mentioned purely for movement, MIDA/Uriel's encourages a very static playstyle.
  • Shotguns are rng as to spread, was watching Cammy's steam yesterday they were in a private match testing range. 7m kill is rng. 5/6m is closer to guaranteed
  • I used the Nameless Midnight/Uriel's combo a hell of a lot 'til recently and a campy playstyle really did become the norm. Tried using Antelope with Tone Patrol and Tango 45 recently (my favourite energy scouts by far) and it made a massive difference to my overall playstyle, plus it gave me a better chance against those hyper aggressive types in Trials. And for anyone who doesn't like SMG recoil, Antiope and its blue siblings are the answer. 600 RPM and precision frames make them feel like a different class of gun. 

MIDA/Last Hope with my Hunter though, damn that's something special! I am now one of those hyper aggressive types jumping around people's heads and being a general no-chill pain in the arse.
  • Does Banshee-44 ever drop 300 engrams? Been waiting on the dude ever since I hit 305 with my Titan at the beginning of the week and nothin'.
  • After the first game with Chalice and Haak this eve I was saying I wanted to hear the 20 kill in a row Overwatch reference, scores come up and went 22-0 and completely missed it with shouting "C!" and "B!" at each other. Awesome games.
  • Yeah that were a good run lads.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!