Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Do a raid and get Legend of Acrius then.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    @Gonz - I've never said the core elements of the game are bad, like the Raid and Trials and I have played them yes and they are good indeed. My issue has never been with the building blocks of Destiny 2, more the foundation they sit on. I can see we're coming from two completely separate view points on this, but as I have said before I'm glad you're enjoying the game being a primarily PvP focused player - But lets not pretend to ignore that Bungie decided to balance their entire game around PvP this time eh :)

And like Face has said I openly admit to being a progression player in games like this. I need something other than the gameplay to invest me in the World. It's just an unfortunate side affect of years playing MMOs on PC which were built back in the day to be your one and only game. I know Destiny 2 isn't this, and I know Bungie don't want to mold it into such. 

An example of a one thing (And I can think of dozens more where this came from) that would keep me as a PvE player happy:

Proper Factions
    Instead of just handing over tokens endlessly, why not make factions a more focused part of the game. With a visible reputation level (maybe similar to WoW: Unfriendly, Neutral, Friendly, Revered and Honored) that progresses as you earn experience while aligned with your faction.

Each tier of reputation unlocking progressively better equipment and items and aurora's. You could also have Faction specific quests that reward reputation and items. Or maybe the quests gain favor for your Faction within the Vanguard with the Faction most favored getting exclusive weapons and Armour.

There's a lot of stuff you can do. I'm not a game developer or designer but I still believe that Bungie have shipped Destiny 2 with her training wheels still on. I don't really think it's an acceptable excuse to say "content will be patched in" which is what seems to be spilling out from the larger community at the moment. 

<3
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Do a raid and get Legend of Acrius then.

Based on the perk list it strikes me as another underwhelming exotic that will fight for my single exotic slot against all of my other underwhelming exotics.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Do a raid and get Legend of Acrius then.
    Based on the perk list it strikes me as another underwhelming exotic that will fight for my single exotic slot against all of my other underwhelming exotics.

I've been using the base model and it's good I akin it to (a shorter range) Coil without the change of blowing yourself up :P
  • Christ i like that mida minitool subby.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Need to get back on this. Still have 3 quests to do and lots of adventures. Loot sectors too. So much content!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I am aroind tonight from 8
  • I'm gonna regret saying this, but christ are there some shit clans floating around in banner.

Just had my first mega laggy game of the evening too. That was unpleasant. Still, that it was a surprise compared to the rest is a plus.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    I'm gonna regret saying this, but christ are there some shit clans floating around in banner.

Lol. That was quick.

• Speedhaak wrote:
    @Gonz - I've never said the core elements of the game are bad, like the Raid and Trials and I have played them yes and they are good indeed. My issue has never been with the building blocks of Destiny 2, more the foundation they sit on. I can see we're coming from two completely separate view points on this, but as I have said before I'm glad you're enjoying the game being a primarily PvP focused player - But lets not pretend to ignore that Bungie decided to balance their entire game around PvP this time eh :)

And like Face has said I openly admit to being a progression player in games like this. I need something other than the gameplay to invest me in the World. It's just an unfortunate side affect of years playing MMOs on PC which were built back in the day to be your one and only game. I know Destiny 2 isn't this, and I know Bungie don't want to mold it into such. 

An example of a one thing (And I can think of dozens more where this came from) that would keep me as a PvE player happy:

Proper Factions
    Instead of just handing over tokens endlessly, why not make factions a more focused part of the game. With a visible reputation level (maybe similar to WoW: Unfriendly, Neutral, Friendly, Revered and Honored) that progresses as you earn experience while aligned with your faction.

Each tier of reputation unlocking progressively better equipment and items and aurora's. You could also have Faction specific quests that reward reputation and items. Or maybe the quests gain favor for your Faction within the Vanguard with the Faction most favored getting exclusive weapons and Armour.

There's a lot of stuff you can do. I'm not a game developer or designer but I still believe that Bungie have shipped Destiny 2 with her training wheels still on. I don't really think it's an acceptable excuse to say "content will be patched in" which is what seems to be spilling out from the larger community at the moment. 

<3

Balancing around PvP is a point I take. I don't accept bungie's explanation for not having a hard divide between crucible and PvE. I understand the need to make the experience consistent for players, it simply can't work otherwise - if your cooldowns are 2.4 times faster for PvE, if your guns handle differently, you can't acquire and develop instincts like you do playing a game. In 2 months time I will know when I have a grenade without even looking at the HUD. Right now I toss grenades instinctively because my brain thinks I have one, because destiny 1. I get that.

Except, bungie already fucks with cooldowns in nightfalls
    so there obviously are exceptions to the general argument.

And the argument should not prevent crucible from being a less graphically polished engine running at 60fps on dedicated servers. The "consistent world" thing doesn't need to apply to cruicble. There aren't 30 enemies on screen.

Fundamentally though, about PvE, they don't want gjallahorn or fatebringer. They don't want slow meticulous nightfalls, their design is pushing players towards fast, coordinated action. The endgame really is friendship, finding players to do cool synergistic stuff together. Unfortunately I think k they overestimate their players. The casuals suck, my real life friends struggle to do nightfalls and when we are done I have 110 kills to their 45 and 65. The hardcore just wanna chill and talk shit. Only 0.1% wanna speed run, memorise spawns and solo stuff.

• Loving banner.

Finding the raid map a bit of an interesting one for control. Only map that's kinda got b in between c and a. Almost straight line.

Plays a very little like pantheon.

Apart from some brain farts because of different grenades, having fun with my Hunter in pvp too.

Using last hope and nameless with her and antiope Negral with titan.

• You playing solo or with friends?

Really struggling solo.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • "I'M OVER HERE! BY THE THING!!"
    "BY THE BROWN WALL!!!"
    "I'M DEAD NOW, THANKS ALOT GUYS!"
  • Are there any Hunter heavy boots that don't look like shit?
  • No. Most of the hunter armour looks a bit gash.
  • My Hunter looks sexy but yeah, it's not easy getting there.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    My Hunter looks sexy but yeah, it's not easy getting there.

What set you running? Think my hunter has the Road Complex set.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    My Bone one looks great.
  • A mix otherwise I can't have as much recovery as I'd like.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    A mix otherwise I can't have as much recovery as I'd like.

I need to start doing proper builds, at the minute I just like to be looking good
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Aesthetic wise the armour is a little too similar to the first games.
  • JRPC wrote:
    You playing solo or with friends?

Really struggling solo.

Solo. I'm used to it. Doing well, but last few games have been noticeably tougher. Mm starting to move me up.

• Is Destiny shitting itself for anyone else right now?
  • On right now, just lost, but that's not the games fault.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is Destiny shitting itself for anyone else right now?

Has been since I reached about level 290.
  • (for the record, since I quipped about clans: 3 losses, two of them ugly, to clans.)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Getting close to NF-ready now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!