Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Thank fuck for the Aussies, or TC wouldn't have that raid

Raiding is what made them convicts in the first place. Experts at it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • legaldinho wrote:

Oi!
  • legaldinho wrote:

We'd already done a raid.

Sorry cinty and mostly for this morning. I was watching Netflix whilst quietly dying, Destiny was suspended.
  • No problems, I wasn't sure if you were playing, PSN and destiny seem to lag a bit behind what people are actually doing.
  • The antiope chase is driving me crazy.
  • Got the weekly for banner last night. Nothing exciting for it, hey ho.

Credit to the mm though. Last 10 games. 5-5, 124 kills 123 deaths, an OT Loss, an OT win, a last second 1 point win, a last second 1 point loss and only 2 games over 30 points margin.

Good times.

They've really nailed the maps this time.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Further to the maps. The combo of map design and the decision to have a and c auto capped at the start is brilliant.

Either pushing the other teams base or going to b is viable as a start. Going en masse to b and team shooting can give an advantage, but if guys take your base and don't die then it's a balance.

After that, there's a good mix in the maps around tactics. Midtown and a few others are very big on needing to go on the fly and staying 2 zones up in any combo.

Altar, and the raid map are very much b as a mofo to retake, so get b then hold the side you're on.

The heavy ammo change allows swings.

Its just all so solid. P2p is very good too, to be honest. At least in solo queue.

• B is much easier to hold from A on the raid map. There are some sight lines near A that you can just camp at.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    The antiope chase is driving me crazy.

Justice League isn't out yet so you'll have to wait... 

If you can't wait watch Wonder Woman again she drops multiple times in the first act.
    Spoiler:
  • Facewon wrote:
    Further to the maps. The combo of map design and the decision to have a and c auto capped at the start is brilliant.

Either pushing the other teams base or going to b is viable as a start. Going en masse to b and team shooting can give an advantage, but if guys take your base and don't die then it's a balance.

After that, there's a good mix in the maps around tactics. Midtown and a few others are very big on needing to go on the fly and staying 2 zones up in any combo.

Altar, and the raid map are very much b as a mofo to retake, so get b then hold the side you're on.

Its just all so solid. P2p is very good too, to be honest. At least in solo queue.

Blimey. You're in the minority it seems. General consensus seems to be it's worse than D1 pvp in every way...
  • Facewon wrote:
    Further to the maps. The combo of map design and the decision to have a and c auto capped at the start is brilliant.

Blimey. You're in the minority it seems. General consensus seems to be it's worse than D1 pvp in every way...

Changed my mind now and with Face, the PVP is sublime, melee quality aside.
  • Is general concensus the cretins on Reddit?
  • I have a blue shotgun that is better than any other shotgun. Same range as Hawthorne but more impact. I actually get ridiculous kills with it. Don't sleep on blue shotgun, starts with F.
  • [

I'd need to see some pretty solid reasoning.

I'll grant the non separation of gametypes. I like variety, but I can see how folks would like lists to be one type only. But as far as the gameplay goes with control, there's no contest.

• Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Is general concensus the cretins on Reddit?

Probably.
  • Nah, it's the racist youtube guys.

;)
  • Facewon wrote:
    [

I'll grant the non separation of gametypes. I like variety, but I can see how folks would like lists to be one type only. But as far as the gameplay goes with control, there's no contest.

Non separate lists means everyones cueing i. Same lists so presumably less waiting times, no?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Further to the maps. The combo of map design and the decision to have a and c auto capped at the start is brilliant. Either pushing the other teams base or going to b is viable as a start. Going en masse to b and team shooting can give an advantage, but if guys take your base and don't die then it's a balance. After that, there's a good mix in the maps around tactics. Midtown and a few others are very big on needing to go on the fly and staying 2 zones up in any combo. Altar, and the raid map are very much b as a mofo to retake, so get b then hold the side you're on. The heavy ammo change allows swings. Its just all so solid. P2p is very good too, to be honest. At least in solo queue.

I'd agree with this. The PvP has been balanced very well and once you learn them, the maps are quite engaging and fun to play. As weird as it may sound I would actually like to see a proper capture the flag gametype come along at some stage. Or a proper king of the hill defense/offense gametype.

Overall though, they've done a good job with the PvP.
  • Facewon wrote:
    [ Blimey. You're in the minority it seems. General consensus seems to be it's worse than D1 pvp in every way...
    I'd need to see some pretty solid reasoning. I'll grant the non separation of gametypes. I like variety, but I can see how folks would like lists to be one type only. But as far as the gameplay goes with control, there's no contest.

Maybe they knew this, and that's the new point for IB. 

Before it was to test yourself against the best and get higher tier gear. 

Now it's so you can just play control over and over... :)
  • digi wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    [

Non separate lists means everyones cueing i. Same lists so presumably less waiting times, no?

Exactly, avoids fragmentation of PvP population in different lists. Better connection for sbmm.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Further to the maps. The combo of map design and the decision to have a and c auto capped at the start is brilliant. Either pushing the other teams base or going to b is viable as a start. Going en masse to b and team shooting can give an advantage, but if guys take your base and don't die then it's a balance. After that, there's a good mix in the maps around tactics. Midtown and a few others are very big on needing to go on the fly and staying 2 zones up in any combo. Altar, and the raid map are very much b as a mofo to retake, so get b then hold the side you're on. The heavy ammo change allows swings. Its just all so solid. P2p is very good too, to be honest. At least in solo queue.

I'd agree with this. The PvP has been balanced very well and once you learn them, the maps are quite engaging and fun to play. As weird as it may sound I would actually like to see a proper capture the flag gametype come along at some stage. Or a proper king of the hill defense/offense gametype.

Overall though, they've done a good job with the PvP.

Yep, capture the flag, neutral bomb, stuff like that,

Completely agree about the maps too, there are some of Bungie’s best efforts in this game, and Bungie’s best efforts in MP maps contain several stone cold classics.
  • Got my Opheus Rig, beautifully broken for pve.
  • I think I know the answer to this, but am I the only person who blunders around on this with little more than a cursory look at what kit I have or what my gun is called? Couldn't tell you the name of much of what I have. Fair to say I have a fairly anarchic approach to Destiny. Apologies to anyone that has to endure my contributions.

I basically need someone to tell me which of each class are essential. I iz dunderhead.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    I think I know the answer to this, but am I the only person who blunders around on this with little more than a cursory look at what kit I have or what my gun is called? Couldn't tell you the name of much of what I have. Fair to say I have a fairly anarchic approach to Destiny. Apologies to anyone that has to endure my contributions.

I basically need someone to tell me which of each class are essential. I iz dunderhead.

That’s the beauty of it really, you can quite happily just blunder around and enjoy it! What I’d potentially do is pick your favourite subclass on whatever character you’ve got then look up best builds for it, for example my Titan is always a Striker Which is the Arc sub class, then I choose Code of Earthshaker mainly as you get 2 nade charges.

Then I’d merely try all the different weapon types to see which you enjoy using, then look up the best of that type and how to get em.

Once you start doing that you’ll then get a deeper feel for the weapons and classes and see if you want to go further.
  • I feel 2 grenades is overrated, it only really is a one off at the beginning of the game. For me the choice between top and bottom tree depends on whether you want to have shoulder charge as a manoeuvrability tool, or a charged melee which is a better constant than two grenades. Kills recharge your health too. It's an awful choice and I just can't decide. Same for voidlock, do I want devour or do I want bloom. I genuinely don't know. A sign of balance.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    I feel 2 grenades is overrated, it only really is a one off at the beginning of the game. For me the choice between top and bottom tree depends on whether you want to have shoulder charge as a manoeuvrability tool, or a charged melee which is a better constant than two grenades. Kills recharge your health too. It's an awful choice and I just can't decide. Same for voidlock, do I want devour or do I want bloom. I genuinely don't know. A sign of balance.

No way, 2 nades is massively op with pulses, aces. Guaranteed a kill reall with each of them, shut down lanes with both, cover a spot in control/one bomb to stop one being caught whilst waiting for back up, they do so many jobs. The recharge melee would have a better chance with me if it was stronger but it’s just far to weak now to be a good enough alternative.
  • You don't spawn with two grenades is my point, you have to build up two charges. And the second charge builds up slower. As a passive boon, it only works if you have a fallow period where you don't use your grenade. Maybe I'm a premature sspurter of grenades, but I don't notice the benefit except at the beginning of a game.
  • Facewon wrote:
    [

I've no problem with the crucible in D2, but it doesn't excite me. The maps are solid, but I find D1 crucible far more enjoyable despite its problems with balance. Balance in games like these = less fun. IMO.

The majority of complaints I've seen so far from many different sources but mainly YouTube and Reddit by popular PvP players and streamers are as follows:

The lack of gametype choice.

4v4 for everything making games a bit sterile and tame.

Team shooting wins over everything.

The ability to go off on a solo rampage is diminished massively because of team shooting.

You don't really get kills anymore. The notification for a kill is the same as an assist. It's a bit wishy washy who actually gets the kill when you're all on the same target. It's been dumbed down to include an 'efficiency' score - even in competitive. Fuck off. It's fine in quickplay, but not in competitive/ranked matches thanks.

You mostly only ever get one super per game, at the same time as everyone else gets theirs.

The fact that all the weapons are just lacklustre rolls from the first game, and are balanced to the point of being boring.

The fact there is no longer a reward screen.

There is no way to check any stats whatsoever.

Quitters are fucking everywhere.

No Free for All.

My biggest issue personally is the bafflingly retarded decision to give us a medal system in the game (just like the first game did) with absolutely no way to check what medals you've received during a match, or any way to actually check what each medal is for - because Bungie have taken all that away from the website, and the post game screen, along with everything else related to anything to do with the PvP.

Halo 3 had this stuff perfected ten years ago FFS. This omission is just mental. It's like they forgot. There are medals that have popped for me during a match, but I've no idea what I did to get it, and no way to find out. Bravo Bungle.

My problem is that they seem to have balanced the PvP really well, but there's zero point to any of it - there's no ranking, no stats, no medals for bragging rights. What's the point in balance in an online shooter if you don't have those things? It's amazing to me.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Can't argue with those points Chalice. I've just accepted the game for what it is now. I enjoy the PvP and will dabble in that now and then but for the most part I've migrated back to PC gaming. I could bolster your points with my own opinion but I've covered most of that already and I don't want to be constantly knocking the game in here when other people are clearly enjoying it. 

Shame though, to go from a 80+ day played journey to being bored to tears after 24 hours on it's sequel. Horses for courses though.
  • Really? I disagree with everything that Chalice said.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!