Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Feckin nightfall strike last night. twice attempted and twice failed. Have the supposed power level but game is stupid and won't let me win.maybe I'm just clueless...
    Peter3C
  • Solo? They're definitely for fireteam.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • No,fireteam. 2 with 270 power and one of us with 291. Just tough and I'm useless but we'll get there. Just got to level up a bit and remember to use full range of weapons. Good fun but I'm on the right team!
    Peter3C
  • Had my first shot pvp.

Two teams of 4 drop to 2 vs 2. To me vs 2.
  • Tips for nightfall:

Clear pikes in first area, then get 2 people in position for jumping and trigger the first gate. Grab as many as you can. Push up and repeat.

Have all 3 damage types on heavy for the area where you defend the ghost - use heavy on the Servitors.

For defending the plate Arc submachine gun exotic can be useful - if the electrified shanks get onto the plate the arc damage will constantly refil your ammo.

Having a Warlock with Healing Rift is super useful here, too.

As soon as it hits 100% sparrow out - don't wait to kill the rest. Grab the pulses in the next area and sparrow to the walker.

Use super power to clear the dark room floor after the walker, then clear the enemies above. Have everyone get into position and trigger that gate.

For the boss room, DO NOT fight in the centre. From the centre, turn right and head up the ramp. There will be a pillar thing in the middle which you can pop out from behind to deal with mobs.

If you have a Warlock, pop the AoE Rift behind that pillar, titans should pop their barricade on one side to cover from fire.

Always heavy the boss, and (and this may seem obvious) try not to die - if a Guardian on your fire team drops, take cover and heal until the revive timer pops.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    I thought that solo rampages were a thing of the past, and then, er... this happened: http://destinytracker.com/d2/pgcr/781213851

I feel kind of dirty tbh. It's more a reflection of how broken CTF is on that map.

Cheers to Cinty for the PvE though, almost got my Rat King sorted. Nightfall this weekend, anyone?
    The janitor.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Cool. I thought I had the cabal non drill one sussed too, and I know it involves the vents, but there's clearly something else.

No it's just the vents. Shoot out the top, middle and bottom when they open until they smoke. That prompts the larger boss to spawn.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Cool. I thought I had the cabal non drill one sussed too, and I know it involves the vents, but there's clearly something else.

No it's just the vents. Shoot out the top, middle and bottom when they open until they smoke. That prompts the larger boss to spawn.

Yeah - that's all there is. The problem comes from the fact that the timing on when the vents open and close is v. tight and you constantly take damage.

Pro tip:

When the vents start to open, pop the healing rift, stand and shoot the vents. That way you won't need to jump out.
  • Petey wrote:
    I thought that solo rampages were a thing of the past, and then, er... this happened: http://destinytracker.com/d2/pgcr/781213851

I feel kind of dirty tbh. It's more a reflection of how broken CTF is on that map.

Cheers to Cinty for the PvE though, almost got my Rat King sorted. Nightfall this weekend, anyone?

Yeah, that match was insane and I just defended with you while you stole all my kills!

And I'm up for nightfall whenever. If it's only gonna be the weekend, no worries - I'll be around.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    It's not easy, it's a skill. What can I say? Some people have neither the inclination nor the motivation to get organised.

Jesus gonz sometimes you come across like you're a leet pro. Pretty far from the truth lol. It's not always about 'the inclination or motivation to get organised' - fun is the top priority when I play games. That's my problem with crucible now. Just ain't as fun. Full stop.

We had the choice in older games. In Halo 3, if you just wanted to run amok on your own, you could do that in the social playlist, if you wanted to get sweaty, you could do that in ranked.

Competitive and Quickplay are both a jumble of shit. It needs sorting quick and I'm sure they're aware of it. The majority of the vocal community are in agreement in this. You can defend it to hell, but it'll change for sure.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Do a raid and get Legend of Acrius then.
    Based on the perk list it strikes me as another underwhelming exotic that will fight for my single exotic slot against all of my other underwhelming exotics.

• Yeah. I don't have it but friends do and I've been killed by it. It snipes, very poor handling though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yay! More PvP stuff.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yay! More PvP stuff.

You get it from completing a PVE questline! Which I can’t find others to help with as it’s a prestige NF basically.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I know, but this whole conversation came about because I was asking for more gear to chase that was meaningful in PvE.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yay! More PvP stuff.

You get it from completing a PVE questline! Which I can’t find others to help with as it’s a prestige NF basically.

I've got it and am one step from completing the final part of the quest chain - been lucky to have a lot of people about who are willing to help.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I know, but this whole conversation came about because I was asking for more gear to chase that was meaningful in PvE.

PvE is piss easy, use whatever you enjoy using.
  • Dan, I wanna make a clip compilation, is sharefactory the best PS4 app to use?
  • It's the best and only one to use.
  • Cool. Gonna put in some time on it tomorrow.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yay! More PvP stuff.

I've got it and am one step from completing the final part of the quest chain - been lucky to have a lot of people about who are willing to help.

Thats what I’m referring to, the NF Arms dealer Strike is painful.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yay! More PvP stuff.

Ah, did that.
    Spoiler:
  • Good matches today chaps, thanks for the games.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yay! More PvP stuff.

Ah, did that.
    Spoiler:

Nice, trying to lone wolf it is extremely hard.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yay! More PvP stuff.

Ah, did that.
    Spoiler:

Nice, trying to lone wolf it is extremely hard.

Oh, jesus, yeah...I wouldn't even attempt that. Hope you can grab a crew soon.
  • Nightfall has been changed to the Pyramidion.

I can only assume this is because they know I love the lasers.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Skade wrote:
    Nightfall has been changed to the Pyramidion.

I can only assume this is because they know I love the lasers.

Ah? What the fuck? Why the change?
  • Presumably because it's still broken for Prestige.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Yeah. I don't have it but friends do and I've been killed by it. It snipes, very poor handling though.

What actually is handling though?

I always thought it was readying time.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!