PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lol the boys
  • Surprised you're even getting into games tbh. The numbers are dropping savagely week by week. Less than 5000 on trials PC last week. Ooof!
  • Im getting games easy enough on ps4
  • Also should i be telling you all thats not swapped out of b&b clan that theres clan engrams available?

There is again, your welcome.
    Loving iron banana.
  • Thanks Davie.

No need for thanks pal i kinda meant that with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek.

Iv been on it every other day but can only really solo stuff, i have a mate (kinda) thats just started vanilla version and loves it.
    (the optimisim helps) so im just waiting on him getting on at the same time as me so i can help him out and enjoy stuff again with newfound enthusiasm.

I never really hated destiny 2 anyway though.
    Sure the raid is shitter than vog and crota etc but im enjoying just pootling about weekly with crucible and heroic strikes etc.
    (can never get the folks for a nightfall so iv still only done it with b&b crew....same as raid stuff)

• Yeah - I don’t hate D2, either. I just hit power cap and didn’t feel like there were any worthy timesinks e.g. exotic questlines etc.

The raid is decent and the raid lair is great, so I’m looking forward to a bump of players around dlc2 so we can start organising them again.
  • Yeah - I don’t hate D2, either. I just hit power cap and didn’t feel like there were any worthy timesinks e.g. exotic questlines etc.

The raid is decent and the raid lair is great, so I’m looking forward to a bump of players around dlc2 so we can start organising them again.

Iv still not hit cap with any of my 3.
    Raid lair was great fun, still to actually finish it me though and that exodus crash or whatever it is.
    Still not forged a single mercury weapon too.

I have however finished a story thing with a boss on cod ww2 nazi zombies, go me.
    And yakuza 0 is eating up tons of time, gutted i missed you on the other night.
  • We’ll catch up - no worries. If you need help with the forge weapons, gimme a shout. I’d be happy to coop to make it go smoother.
  • I need help with so much stuff lol.

May be able to solo nightfalls etc now though that the timers removed ;)

My mate will soon be up to speed though so its all good, im always up for anything though as always.

• The iron banner auto is a monster. Orimund's anvil. Happy days
  • Oh, if like me you were wondering when the various promised updates were coming in, I found this:

Feb_Roadmap_Image_Update_1.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=2053701247

Vault space not till season 3 annoys me, especially since Mod changes are delayed.
  • Nightfalls are apparently already diffrent and are now score based without a timer.
    (although after so long you start losing points or something)

Theres even some mods to make them tougher including one that means a wipe is back to orbit.

Really wanna try them when people are available.
    FUCK YOU MOHON!
  • Inferno trials is gonna be an absolute shit show, I love it.

As for the rest, gotta wait and see. I predict:

Lots of baiting heavy. ie camp fire while opponents pick up, get kills, grab heavy anyway, then sit on the lead with heavy /smash them with heavy.

Mida use to fall dramatically in competitive.

Invis hunter, solar warlock, electro warlock, and all grenade classes will run 3x buffs and abuse it to fuck.

Rush play with smgs and vertical game to be more attractive.
  • What do you make of the movement changes Gonz? I figure it would be right up your street.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm looking to ask a non troll qu here, but for those still in with destiny, can I ask two things

1) can destiny still be salvaged given the car crash of S2

2) what changes need to happen to save it?
  • Yes, the image above for one.
  • Not sure what can save it but i still like it a lot more just in the run of the mill modes more than destiny one.

Things i miss are raids (argos raid is great but short as fuck and sounds like im going shop lifting) the raids in destiny one are the high points of most raids hell most games.
    Vault of glass and kingsfall are still untouchable for design and delivery, crota maybe too.

The way i understand it is Most big players are pissed about the team shooting beats all and how balanced it is now where in old destiny days it was get sniper and cover a lane.
    And there were some seriously overpowerd weapons that if you didn't keep up with the meta then you were pretty fucked.

No longer can one person just carry full teams any more and i like that.

Also theres no real end game now and the standard raid is pretty shit really.

Thing i miss most are the players, monster hunter took them all from me. :(
  • What do you make of the movement changes Gonz? I figure it would be right up your street.
    Yes it's grand
  • digi wrote:
    Thing i miss most are the players, monster hunter took them all from me. :(

I thought you were getting on MoHan, too? What happened?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sounds like most of your beef is about PvP, Davie. My beef is almost all about PvE, in D1, I only really played PvP if there was a particular bit of loot I was after.

For me, the issue with D2 was all the end game. I quickly got to a point where I’d reached max level, at which point I found that there was pretty much nothing to strive for. D1 had rare weapons and armour with unique perks that gave you something to chase, exotics that people spent months hoping they would drop (Gjallarhorn, I’m looking at you here) or with difficult quests to earn them (Thorn, goddamn Thorn). By the time I reached max level in D2, I was swimming in exotics that I hadn’t even tried yet while the perks available on armour and weapons weren’t good enough to chase.

I haven’t actually booted up D2 since about a month after it came out, things may have improved a lot, but I’d be more likely to jump back into D1 than D2 these days as there are still prizes in D1 that I’ve never claimed despite hankering after for months, there’s pretty much nothing in D2 that offers that draw.

Edit: as to whether or not it can be saved: maybe. D2 is pretty much dead to me, but D3 will definitely come along at some point, and I’ll probably buy it at launch with my fingers crossed. Give me some stuff worth chasing and some lovely mechanics to chase it with, and I’ll chase that shit.
  • I'd agree with all that. Destiny 2 just isn't in the same league as D1. There's none of the atmosphere. No Cosmodrome. I fucking loved that place. No challenge. The biggest problem is the basic structure. The weapon class thing that I thought was good in the beginning turned out to be a real fuck up. Yoss you were right on the money there. Snipers, shotties and fusion rifles are no longer a thing you can reliably enjoy. The whole game is just a vapid nonsense of shit. Bungie fucked it good style. It's like Destiny for kiddies.

And they got rid of heavy machine guns, which were amazing. Cunts.

It's too late for them for sure. They will never win back the PvP players, who they catered for so heavily. There are already games out there that have grabbed the attention of fed up Destiny players, and that will only get worse. By the time Destiny 3 comes along, there will be nobody left.

This big patch that's supposed to save this game just doesn't go far enough. Bungie are talking about emblems and vault space like people care about it FFS. Vault space was one of the biggest issues in D1 three years ago and in that time they've somehow made it worse in every way, and given you less space in the new game to boot. It's amazing how badly they've fucked up tbh.

There's nothing in the patch that will win players back. It's doomed. The ship is already sunk.

Destiny 1 will fondly be remembered as the sequel to Destiny 2...
  • Bungie are talking about emblems and vault space like people care about it FFS.
    Vault space not till season 3 annoys me, especially since Mod changes are delayed.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If Bungie can fuse the early game of D2 with the late game of D1 and keep those sublime mechanics in D3, it’ll be a winner.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The question is who will care by then.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If it’s good enough, I’m sure it’ll draw people in. It’s the type of game with a long life cycle, if it starts getting picked up by Twitch streamers and the like, it could do well.
  • I'm not sure Bungie as they are now have got it in them to deliver. Apart from the art team, the talent seems to have left.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!