Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Thanks, I had fun making it. Those were good times. Loved the Crucible back then.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Note the September changes. Particularly the third line.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    *deep breath*

It's time for base Destiny 2 to go free to play.
    Last week, the game collection was selling it for £11.99, it's regularly £14, and looking at that road map, as well as being realistic, there's no big September update ala the taken king. Now's the time to get players back in, and loaded up so they'll drop money on the season pass because they're not going to get it anywhere else.

*Release*
  • Vault space increase!
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    No big September update?

Weapon slot changes and random rolls is what's happening in September apparently Reg.. that's completely redesigning the entire game, throwing all of the Destiny 2 changes out and turning it into a prettier map pack of Destiny 1?
    I mean.. it doesn't come all that much bigger for Destiny 2 as far as I can tell.. to just chuck it all in the bin and roll back to the original entirely.. 

I can't see F2P working on this either unless they've got a Fortnite/PubG mode coming out. 100 Guardians drop into a Crucible.. 
    It's just not really that kind of game and they'd have to re-engineer the whole progress and acquisition systems.. not impossible I suppose but not all GaaS have to be F2P surely?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • It's still possible there is a major paid expansion coming in September that they don't want to reveal yet, as it would show they expect people to pay for the random rolls and weapon slot changes.
  • It couldn't be tied to an expansion. It might release at the same time, but it's a fundamental overhaul of the way the game works. Everyone will be using it, new expansion, or vanilla.
  • 8th of may is warmind dlc.
    Why we talking september here?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Apparently it’s the done thing round these parts.
  • People are talking September because they've released a road map that doesn't clarify a TTK size expansion in September, which I imagine a lot of people are probably looking forward to in the long term.

Obviously it doesn't deny it either, but I think the more casual player base is more interested in a big content drop rather than a sanbox reshuffle
  • I could probably afford Warmind, and I like the Warmind stuff, but I don't think i'd be able to scrape together enough PC players to do the Raid level content from the community I play with, which is a shame.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I could probably afford Warmind, and I like the Warmind stuff, but I don't think i'd be able to scrape together enough PC players to do the Raid level content from the community I play with, which is a shame.

I have season pass and i doubt il ever see the new raid layer,
    Only had 1 or 2 finishes on callus, and only been to argos once i think but never beat it.
    :(
  • I beat Calus, it was fun. Then the DLC came out and I was broke, and so I never saw the Raid Lair. Shortly after the DLC came out the communityI was playing with eventually gave up
  • I've got the season pass so will be back on in may, and there will be a lot to catch up on as I haven't played since about week 3 of Osiris.

Will be interesting to see it all again. I sometimes think about firing it up but I've been waiting for a decent content update to make it worthwhile
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Tempy wrote:
    I beat Calus, it was fun. Then the DLC came out and I was broke, and so I never saw the Raid Lair. Shortly after the DLC came out the communityI was playing with eventually gave up

Its really quite a nice raid layer too.
    Short as well.
    MattyJ wrote:
    I've got the season pass so will be back on in may, and there will be a lot to catch up on as I haven't played since about week 3 of Osiris.

Will be interesting to see it all again. I sometimes think about firing it up but I've been waiting for a decent content update to make it worthwhile

Theres new nightfall specific drops!
    6 man rumble matches.
    And a few other little surprises just now.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • Live stream for warmind starts in around 5 mins, anyone watching it or is it all dead to everyone but me now?

• What's the exec summary
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Live stream for warmind starts in around 5 mins, anyone watching it or is it all dead to everyone but me now?

I'll be back in September when it's fixed.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Meh, nothing majorly impressive about that reveal. Crucible Ranks might be something to grind for and keep me interested for a bit. As is what everyone is saying, September is when things are really going to change. Or at least try to. Imagine that, a whole fucking year to fix the game. Again. After going through the exact same motions in Destiny 1.

Sigh.
  • Have you tried playing competitive? I solo queue and it is the shit. The old gears of war sneaks, flanks, are back on. No radar and fast movement means some sneaky fucking play. I've been doing a lot of sweeping, and have wiped out four man teams single handedly which for me has never happened in D2 countdown. *Sweep emote really comes into its own.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah I reckon when the expansion drops I'll focus on the PvP as it seems like the area they're making the best improvements. Plus there will be stuff to grind for now that's actually good in PvP.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Logged in for the first time in months as I need to clear the Osiris Campaign on the Xbox. Last time I played on Xbox was probably September 2017. Can't be bothered with PC any more. Prefer console gaming.

Anyway, some nice changes I noticed to the loot system with regards to being able to directly purchase armour from vendors now instead of relying on rng. Will clear the campaign do a bit of PvP and wait for Warmind on the 8th to see whether I'll return to Destiny 2 in a more permanent role.

I've a felling it might be September though before I truly feel like logging in daily.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Gonz, competitive is good alright, will check back next week with Warmind's PvP. Community has all but evaporated though. Think people have just had enough of waiting. Going off the summit meeting however, it looks like September could be good. Still though, that's September. An age away really.
  • Look me up Haak!  I've done the first CoO mission at last and have been doing a bit of exotic grinding.  I'm actually looking forward to Xur visiting this weekend.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Will do, will try the expansion as I have the season pass. Finished the CoO campaign on Xbox the other day - kinda miss my Titan and Warlock on PC but really can't be bothered leveling all over again on Xbox so gonna stick with my Hunter. Gonna take next Tuesday off so will be on if you want to party up in the morning.

Looking forward to having some meaningful loot to grind for once again.
  • I'll be around Tuesday morning actually so that might work nicely.  I feel like I need to focus on a way to up my light level before Warmind but still never really sure what I should be doing.  Anything that gives "powerful gear" seems to be the best option, other than that it might just be strike grinding.
  • At your Titan and Warlocks level, you need to do Powerful Gear activities. Your Hunter can do anything and it will scale until 270.

Any PlayStation Badgers up for some Banner this evening? Final one for the season, would be nice to get a full team of six.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!