Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I’m sure Muerte Diabolic will always be up for it too so I imagine numbers won’t really be an issue.
  • Ditto to Yoss and Haak. I would like one evening where we blast through in one go, I’m very much ok with reading guides in advance if it means we can beat this damn thing
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Me 4
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • There’ll be a few of us who have done it a few times so should be easy.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I know it's great to figure things out but Christ, Leviathan is just a pain in the arse in that regard as some things are so obtuse. I'm free most evenings anyway :)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    There’ll be a few of us who have done it a few times so should be easy.

I still need to prestige it.

:/
  • Alright, I’ll install the game again and we’ll have to work out an evening. For me next Monday or Tuesday evening will work nicely, thoughts?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I haven't even done the OG Raid even once.

Unforgiveable.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Alright, I’ll install the game again and we’ll have to work out an evening. For me next Monday or Tuesday evening will work nicely, thoughts?

Either of those work for me.

And fuck doing it blind too. I’m very happy for someone to tell me exactly what to do and when to do it.

What level do I need to be at for this? Has it increased since before? I was raid ready last time around.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Leviathan hasn't changed in PL. The subsequent Raid Lairs have. We could just start with Leviathan and see how it goes. Like I said and like some of you remember (Dogs, Baths) it's not so much about your PL as it is blind luck :P
  • Baths is skillzorz, Dogs...pita.
  • Olimite wrote:

Unforgiveable.

Only got so far with 5, unfortunately. Would love to do the full thing

• It’s taken an hour for Rowan to fall asleep on me so I’ve been studying a walkthrough guide, seems simple enough now I know what the fuck I’m supposed to be doing. Can we all agree to read up before we tackle it?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

Unforgiveable.

We miss you and your crew dude.

• Olimite wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

Unforgiveable.

We miss you and your crew dude.

Thanks man.
  • Olimite wrote:
    I haven't even done the OG Raid even once. Unforgiveable.

I never got to Raid level! Will fire up game at some point and see where I’m at. Addicted to God of War at the mo though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Do Vault of Glass on D1 first. Nothing compares. And I don’t mean no Destiny 2 thing compares, I mean no thing.
  • Anyone on PS4 want to play Warmind with me tomorrow day? Want at least a partner, preferably also someone who hasn't played it yet.
  • Anyone on PS4 want to play Warmind with me tomorrow day? Want at least a partner, preferably also someone who hasn't played it yet.

Might be up for it after work.
  • Items can now be deleted directly from the postmaster!?

That's automatically top tier Destiny dlc right there.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I’ve got midterms this week but I think I’ll be looking to raid again soonish. I assume digi and Dante would be keen - anyone else?

Im always up for a bit of raid action.
    New raid layer is friday too if theres people for a blind run?
  • Found what I think is a BEAST of a new Legendary Pulse.

Agrona PR4.

Dragonfly (elemental explosion) and steady like a laser! Pairing it with the new and improved Crimson and doing fairly well in the Crucible. 

I don't know if it's the changes or just the long break, but it feels great playing Destiny again.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Stopped playing D2 following the campaign. Fired up this morning and found that I’m level 220. Some work to do then.
  • The campaign for the DLC has some truly awful storytelling in it. Feels like whole cut-scenes and missions are missing, lore is just randomly chucked aside, there is no weight to the actions or implications of what happens... just disappointing and in line with the rest of D2's storytelling tbh. I know D1 had issues with keeping things outside the game, but the structure of the campaign, strikes, raid and then DLC building on things in the vanilla was way better in D1 than D2.

• That said, this is making me want to play every day again - at least for the time being.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah I agree Matty, in hindsight the campaign is rather flippant. Just seems like Bungie are unable to catch themselves up at this point are on a permanent backfoot on all fronts. 

Funny thing there, I had a huge post typed out about my thoughts on the expansion until I realised I've said it all before. Not only had I said it I've been there and experienced it so with that I've pretty much decided Destiny isn't for me in it's current state. It's just not engaging enough for me, especially having experienced some games recently with real depth.

Bungie have perhaps started out on the more engaging path with the ground work they've set recently but until September we won't know how it's all going to play out. A full year after the games launch. I will be back in September to check it out and I really do think it will be last chance saloon come that date. For me, and a lot of other players looking for more depth.

Some of the things I need to see in September to bring me back and engage me in Destiny 2 in the same manner as Destiny did:

- Armour with impactful perks and stats with choices to make on how they affect gameplay.
    - Armour sets with full set bonuses giving players a reason to chase sets apart from visuals.
    - Weapons with random rolls (this is an absolute necessity at this stage to make day to day logging in more incentivised. 
    - Weapons with more perks and progression (bring back weapon leveling - give us something to work towards daily)

I know those aren't to everyone's taste but for me to become invested in Destiny again this is what I need to see. However, I'm starting to feel now that the bed has been made and we will likely have to wait for Destiny 3 until the biggest problem for Destiny can be solved within it's design and progression philosophy.

Having said all that I did enjoy returning and I will log in to do stuff with clan mates if it's going on, but the desire to re-engage with Destiny as a hobby game quickly vanished last night as old realisations came rushing back. A sad state but not totally unexpected given the feedback from the Destiny Summit last month.

After all, everyone in attendance did say this was going to be just more of the same with the real changes coming in September. Guess I'll have to wait until then :)

Hope you are all enjoying the expansion none the less.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Funny thing there, I had a huge post typed out about my thoughts on the expansion until I realised I've said it all before.

Hmmm, sorry - guess this one turned out longish too.
  • I read a post on reddit which sums things up better than me but to paraphrase:

In D1, the campaign had a satisfying end that was then expanded upon in the raid and DLC. For example, with Crota you're told as you go along you stop him coming through and wreaking havoc again. This is a Hive god who laid waste to 1000s of guardians (IIRC). However, in the raid you can actually fight him and it is a real challenge to do so. The Vault of Glass is an extension of what is covered as part of the end of the D1 campaign, you stop the Vex but haven't killed a big bad because that clearly needs more than one little guardian.

In D2, the campaign finishes with you just shooting the boss a bunch/using a super... and that's it. The raid has nothing to do with it and barely introduces a new boss except through an adventure mission which you could miss. It isn't as satisfying, you're being told that this enemy is the most dangerous we have faced yet but doesn't need more than one guardian popping them a few times.

I won't go into the Warmind campaign because spoilers, but it is a bit ridiculous and there is a real disconnect between the words being spoken and then the actions taken.
  • @haak

I miss activities like Prison of Elders which were challenging and had real rewards with it. Taking out Skolas was an amazing challenge.

I don't see anyone saying the raid weapons in D2 are necessary, whereas in D1 everyone wanted VoG/Crota/Oryx weapons. The scout you get as a reward for the campaign is literally the best one in the game.
  • DOUBLE POST BOO YA

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!