Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • That hunter's never been started so he can sit quietly for a while.  Titan maxes out at 312 or something, and I don't actually know what the light limit is right now; was it 335 again or something like that?

Nightfall has matchmaking now and no timer if I read right, so I might crack into that again once I know the strikes a bit better.  The lack of a bit of chat on the load into the strikes has really hit me recently; you start half the D2 strikes with absolutely no idea of what you're doing, where, or why, especially as they weren't integrated into the story like they were in D1.

I haven't done a single "adventure" either, and I know at least a couple of them lead to exotics so I should probably do those.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Probably just best to wait for Warmind now and the start on the gear treadmill. I've done all the raid and hard content on PC so happy to go through that with Xbox Badgers.
  • Cap is 330/335 with mods.

Best thing to do first is the Flashpoint, that'll do the Clan XP as well to a certain extent. If you want to learn the strikes, play the Heroic Strike playlist, you'll get another gear drop at completing 3 of them. If you like Crucible, there is a milestone for that too, Call to Arms. After that it's Nightfall and Raid time.

Like Haak says, Warmind isn't far off, so you'll be limited how far you can go before then.

Oh, You might find you can up things slightly with mods, depending on what drops you are getting and what you have already modded.
  • Pretty sure I'm modded up on most things.  I doubt very much I'll sprint from 312-330 between now and next week but may as well try!
  • It doesn't matter. Power level doesn't matter. People run with the starting white titan helmet to hit 9 recovery
  • Any PlayStation Badgers up for some Banner this evening? Final one for the season, would be nice to get a full team of six.

I may be back on, just got one nightfall to knockout too on shitty warlock.

Good fun this afternoon with daq and lastability and knuckle and chrisb afterwards.

Think my mate leeroy_q was after nightfall and some banner too.

Im saving all my engrams and tokens in hope tbey will be of use after Wednesdays update.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    It doesn't matter. Power level doesn't matter. People run with the starting white titan helmet to hit 9 recovery

wat

Surely it still matters in terms of damage done to enemies though?
  • Pretty sure Gonz is talking exclusively about PvP
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yes, he is. We're not all PvP fiends Gonz :) Some of us actually like to PvE :P
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Yes, he is. We're not all PvP fiends Gonz :) Some of us actually like to PvE :P

But it is shit
  • I can do something tonight.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I can do something tonight.

Let's frot
  • Haak I'm too important to spend 3 minutes of my life watching that, please paraphrase it.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Haak I'm too important to spend 3 minutes of my life watching that, please paraphrase it.

+1

One line, not more than eight words or I won't read
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Haak I'm too important to spend 3 minutes of my life watching that, please paraphrase it.

The basic message was there will be loot to chase, goals to set and feats to accomplish. Looks like they are trying to bring back illusive weapons and armour that will actually take time to acquire.
  • That all sounds promising; as long as it's not like the sums people were doing around Redrix's Claymore.  What was that, something like 1000 crucible wins?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    To be fair I think that's fine. There should be items that only the dedicated and hardcore can get. I think that's half the issue with Destiny 2. Everything is handed to you and people are swimming in loot from the get-go. Be nice to see someone in The Tower and think to yourself "Oh man I'd love to look like him" - I encourage more of this design philosophy going forward. I just hope something similar is coming for PvE players.
  • They need to fix the fucking shaders, I’m annoyed by them already again.  It was a nice surprise that some of them dismantled into legendary shards, so that paid for a Colony from Xur.

3oC back on sale which I didn’t realise, but no idea what activities they affect the drop rate of.  Slowly edging up, I like the way that “regular” engrams slowly increase in level, so mine are now 307.  Enjoying the story in the CoO campaign too, to an extent.  Sagira’s a nice change.
  • I'm tripping over legendary shards, it's Glimmer I generally struggle for.
  • Where’s the source of shards; just dismantling legendaries?  I did manage to grab 40-odd by gutting shit in the vault and playing for about an hour, so I guess if I play a bit more they’ll come flooding back.
  • Yeah, legendary stuff, guns, armour, shaders, ships. When you start getting a ton of dupes below your level, shards will shoot up
  • Still haven’t grasped levelling in that regard.  Now I get engrams at 307, yesterday or whatever it was 305.  I’m 312, and I think I’m right in thinking that I can’t automatically add a mod with +5 to every legendary now?
  • You can add a mod to any legendary. Unless you plan on using it, or it's your current highest, there isn't much point.

Engrams scale with your level. Mine drop at about 325-329.

If you didn't know, it's not like D1 where it goes off your equipped gear for your level when turning things in, it works out your highest possible gear. So no need to keep switching when you are getting engrams.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Finally started CoO and it feels nice to be back. The shooting is still unparalleled. Was genuinely shocked to see that Warmind is tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting back into it again.
  • Yay Oli! JOIN ME
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Played some Banner this weekend. Some good fun. Missed 6v6 Control. 

Warmind launching 7pm tonight btw.
  • Tentatively excited...!

I enjoyed a couple of games of banner too. Feels much more like old times with 6v6.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'll be on anyway, will probably play through the campaign solo on the odd chance the story is any good. Up for co-op thereafter though. Will be back on Xbox too as well.
  • 6v6 Control does feel much better to me. I don't know about other modes, but that definitely works.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!