Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I find it utter shite
  • I think I'm about to get banned from psn. How many warnings do you get? I already got one. Yesterday absolutely stomped a team on competitive but because of two players in a fireteam, we lost 6-5. They got no res's. They camped market when the opposition went rugs. They ended the game on 0.6 I sent them a message saying they're cretins. I can't resist it.
  • Two of the losses were defuses behind me when I pushed ahead. Literally, one of these 2 players allowed an opponent to walk past him, defuse the bomb, and he didn't shoot him until after refusal. He was standing 4m from the bomb while I raced ahead and killed 3 with my heavy. Competitive is fucking ace but when you solo queue on a ELO of 1500 or so, you can match some real fuckwits.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah I've seen some of that alright. Seems a lot of the people left playing after all the serious players moved on are far from ideal team mates. Oh well, hopefully the expansion will bring back some more focused PvP as well as other things.
  • I'm actually getting excited for this now. I didn't reach the cap for the Osiris DLC so have plenty of drops to look forward to. Think I am about 323 light, so new soft cap of 340 means good drop rates to keep me going.

New horde mode thing sounds sweet and will want to drop into that - just a shame it's 3 person fireteams etc. as it sounds like the perfect activity for 9 badgers to rock.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Pre-load is up on Xbox now. 6.2 gb. Just a warning for folk.
  • Up for psn too. 6.66gb.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    And done... Thank you super high speed Broadband.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Logging on now (Xbox).
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    And done... Thank you super high speed Broadband.

Bungie has some nerve charging for dlc that plays that quick

• Enjoyed my time with this last ntght. Campaign is supposededly short though... But it is nice having things to work towards, and because the cap has been raised my numbers are going up which is always a pleasure
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Campaign was good, finished it in one sitting but that's always the case with these DLC's - I think I preferred it to CoO if only because at least here they haven't belittled a huge lore character. Time will tell whether the rest of the DLC is good and can hold me until September. Unlikely, but a step in the right direction from Bungie none the less. Even if it is retreading old ground.
  • The systemic changes are more appealing to me than the DLC campaign to be honest.  The push to change up the exotics has been brilliant; Graviton Lance is an ad-wiping machine now, and the addition of exotic masterworks is a great idea to give you something to sniff towards.  Anything that adjusts the play style and gives you something more to do is fine by me.

Tried a heroic strike earlier.  Didn't realise the recommended power had gone up to 350.  Didn't last long...!!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah I'm happy they went back to the drawing board on the Exotics. It needed to be done. Like I said everything is moving towards refining the experience to be more Destiny 1, which is great (for me anyway).

However, having spent the last few months playing games like Monster Hunter, Tera and Warframe it's still hard to ignore the extreme lack of impact gear has in this game. I know it's a matter of preference but more character building opportunities are what I would like to see. Stats, builds, perks and skills. Things to facility fundamental change in how your character both appears and plays. I know this is likely coming in September so I won't go on about it too much

This is not to say the DLC is a loss, far from it. So far it's great and as usual the art and sound team at Bungie have done a phenomenal job (throw your Dolby Atmos powered headphones on and give Graviton Lance a spin to see what I mean. Opmhhh).
    The QoL improvements are much appreciated as well. 

With the campaign finished it's time to see if end-game has some legs while I crack into the meat of the DLC 

:)
  • Graviton Lance sounds like a bird, it's a lovely sound effect.  I fancy trying the raid, considering I haven't even got past the baths.
  • I fancy the raid too.... Assume we will be levelling past it now so will be fairly easy?
  • Also - I need to dig out all my exotics too and level them up. I always liked Graviton just felt a bit pointless. I'm glad exotics are good again.

Need to figure out the good armour too.
  • Forget armour, it's all the same.  Running Skullfort with a Striker build, and other than that I totally ignore Feedback Fence various bits of leg armour.  Have they had a pass like the weapons?  They need it.  I tend to wear the Actium War Rig when using ARs, which is very viable now considering Hard Light's had a huge buff too.
  • I'm just wearing the crucible armour with the furry neck bit coz I like it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Have they had a pass like the weapons?  They need it.

No, hence my rant above about stats, perks and skills. 

@Matty

Raid isn't so much about your power level, there are a lot of sections that prioritise communication and call-outs. There's actually not a lot of shooting at all in the raid. I'm happy to sherpa some evening :) Need the achievement on Xbox.
  • Would happily Raid but away this week. Be good if this got some traction to go with the good feelings.
  • Nnnnnnggggg... talk of raids is very tempting. I want to finish that damn raid but swore I gave up this wretched game
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I feel you Wooks. It’d probably take me an age to be raid ready now anyway.
  • Would it heck, with the way blue engrams drop at up to 340 power and the raid need sub-300....
  • I’ve got midterms this week but I think I’ll be looking to raid again soonish. I assume digi and Dante would be keen - anyone else?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Would happily Raid but away this week. Be good if this got some traction to go with the good feelings.

If Bungie have made the effort I'm sure people will stay. The onus is on them, though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fuck it, if there is a genuine group of five on Bone up for attempting the raid that we can get together one evening from about 9:30 (I can rarely get on before then), I’ll be in.

I’ve already paid for all these updates anyway, I might as well fire up the game again some time.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm up for the raid. However I'm not really inclined to do it blind. Don't have the patience for that especially seeing as it's old content. We are talking about Calus and not the subsequent Raid Lairs right?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!