Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Oooh, nice. What’s the weapon in the energy slot? Is that the SMG?
  • Aye, it's the Vex Offensive SMG, Subjunctive. This one rolled with Swashbuckler and Outlaw and is an absolute beast.

Edit: Swashbuckler's fairly new and doesn't come on that many guns, if anyone's not familiar with it; you get a damage increase for killing enemies - stacking up to 5 times. A melee kill instantly gives you all 5 stacks.
  • Oh, wow, that’s nice.

There’s some nice perks floating around at the mo - got a gnawing hunger with something that makes it more stable and that perk which refills the mag on kills. Even though I’d like some kind of kill buff on there (with that setup, not kill clip...something like rampage) it absolutely rips - I can just hold down the trigger when dealing with red bars and never have to reload. Like a longer-range non-exotic huckleberry. Against yellow bars...it’s fine. But most of all it’s just fun to use.
  • Yeah Rampage on that'd be very cool! And you've reminded me that I still need to get that gun.

Fun to use is definitely my main priority. I'll maximise deeps when I need to but for 95% of the content I can do just fine with whatever I feel like. I have another Subjunctive SMG with Surrounded and Threat Detector, so when a bunch of enemies are close by I get a big damage boost plus better reload, stability, and handling. It's hilarious, but it encourages a pure Leeroy Jenkins mentality.
  • Honestly, if anyone's doing Vex Offensive - grab all the Subjunctives you can.
  • I think that was what my Subjunctive rolled with and is why it has stayed firmly in my active inventory since acquisition
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    Same. I just got into the dreaming city but didn't have time to get out of orbit to see it. Do we have a forum discord channel for PC folk?
    I don’t think we do. This thread is generally used for organising stuff like raids, although I know some of the Xbox crew used WhatsApp. Probably worth keeping stuff around here, on on the Destiny app (if people are willing to use it) as cross save means people might jump across to join you if they know something will happen. Could be wrong about the above though - the PC crew could probably confirm either way.
    Fair enough.  I've got the app and remembered about Destiny Item Manager too.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Hah, all my mods are deprecated so useless now.
  • Won the Doom Pauldrons and the Hard Light exotics over the weekend. The element switching on the rifle feels useful but I bet it actually isn't all that useful.

Have hit 950 proper now too. I will not be going for pinnacles, fuck that shit.
  • It can be useful for Nightfalls where your equipment is locked and there is a burn on, but you still want a way of chewing through shields.
  • If you have the Doom Fang Pauldrons, they are very useful with bottom tree Void. Similar to your Juggernaut, you can keep the super going for ages is there is something to punch.

Any activity with grenade modifiers means you can fling the shield basically indefinitely.
  • Had a look in the new dungeon with Davie. Only 2 of us but we managed to get some encounters done. One part absolutely wrecked us, though. There’s nowt better than high end raid and raid-like content, especially when going in blind.

Had to call it a day due to needing sleep but would love to get back in there and try to complete it. Great stuff.
  • That was f ING brilliant pal.
    Loved it.
  • Sorry chaps, I left my PS4 on last night apparently, been at work today.
  • Bloody iron banner back next week!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Managed to clear the Moon escalation thing twice in a row just tagging along with some randos. I have a really foul looking rocket launcher now that I won't use.

Less of a pain than the Mars escalation thing, since any kill extends the timer a bit.
  • Just did a round of that there Alter of Sorrow and got the slug shotty.  Rolled with Swashbuckler plus Full Bore and Accurized Rounds for all the range.  Beast of a gun, but yeah, hideous looking thing.

I still need a couple of the Mars EP runs to get the last pieces of armour for my Titan.  Wayfarer will be mine.
  • The electric musclearms exotic is mine now and it's the punch engine I have sought.
  • How do you go from c905 to 950? What is a challenge?
  • When you look at the destination page theres stuff with a gold medal next to it. Do that stuff.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • It's just dawned on me that the Recluse is probably named after the spider species, and not like an old hermit in a cave somewhere.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    When you look at the destination page theres stuff with a gold medal next to it. Do that stuff.
    What does the gold medal mean? Also when should I bother with the stuff I can stick onto guns and armour to buff them up.

I'm not 900 yet but I'm not far off, 883 at the moment.
  • The gold token thing means that some combination/quantity of a named activity, once completed, will give you a piece of equipment with a power level above you current. This is the only way to get higher level gear after 900.

I've only just started to put resources into buffing individual pieces now, at the 950 kinda-sorta ceiling.
  • Subbax wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    When you look at the destination page theres stuff with a gold medal next to it. Do that stuff.
    What does the gold medal mean? Also when should I bother with the stuff I can stick onto guns and armour to buff them up. I'm not 900 yet but I'm not far off, 883 at the moment.

Gold medal stuff, unless I'm mistaken, are the weekly objectives that guarantee high and very-high gear drops. Basically, once you hit cap, they're the best way to push gear score up. 

Those weekly targets used to be more clear on the destination map - don't know why they changed it - but hey-ho. Do those, get certain levels of drops guaranteed.
  • Thought the piss was being taken, cheers face.
  • TBF, I could have been clearer.

But it is that simple.

The good thing is there's now a lot of variety and different ways to get that high level stuff.

There was a time I'd you didn't pvp that you'd feel like you'd done all you could to level by the Wednesday after reset.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Message in-game about upping pinnable rewards from +1 to +2 so don't turn in Iron Banner bounties or other pinnacle rewards until after the 7th.

What's a pinnacle reward?
  • Subbax wrote:
    Message in-game about upping pinnable rewards from +1 to +2 so don't turn in Iron Banner bounties or other pinnacle rewards until after the 7th.

What's a pinnacle reward?

They rest on top whilst pinnable ones typical adhere to the sides.
  • Subbax wrote:
    Message in-game about upping pinnable rewards from +1 to +2 so don't turn in Iron Banner bounties or other pinnacle rewards until after the 7th. What's a pinnacle reward?

Once you get to 950, you can get higher level rewards only from pinnacle activities - the Raid, Highest difficulty Nightfall, Iron Banner, the new dungeon, possibly other stuff I've forgotten. You have to be 951 in every slot before they will go to 952.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!