Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • That's Brooks, Haak, Face and Tempy then.
  • Am basically on it every evening at the moment, just msg. No mic though.
  • I'll send some request things later then.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Forsaken on sale on steam. 40% off. Which answers @nina's question. You'd think the halloween sales would be a perfect chance on all platforms to sell the old stuff.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Ooo I'm nabbing that.
  • What price does that make it? I might grab that myself
  • £12.  I just grabbed it as well.
  • Punchbro!

Artifact:
    Tier 1 - Choose any 1, they are all trash and you'll never use them.
    Tier 2 - Choose any 3. These have uses, but it's up to you. Anti Barrier allows you to shoot through Hydra shields, so that might be useful.
    Tier 3 - Choose any 4 ( I think you need 4, if not stop earlier). There are enhanced perks, so whatever weapons you like using.
    Tier 4 - Choose Ballistic Combo and Unstoppable Melee.
    Tier 5 - Choose Thunder Coil.

Once we have that, we go to armour. We will be building around the exotic gauntlets Wormgod Caress. Aside from this piece, find your highest Strength stat armour, and equip them. Mine gives me 65 Strength. You can decide what else is important to you and shuffle things around to try and get another stat up a tier without dropping strength. When you've done that we move on to mods. Exact placement may depend on your gear, but I have this:

Helmet: Recovery Mod + Shotgun Ammo Finder
    Gauntlets: Strength Mod + Enhanced Hand Cannon Loader + Momentum Transfer
    Chest: Discipline Mod+ Unstoppable Melee + Hand Cannon Reserves.
    Leg: Strength Mod + Traction
    Mark: Strength Mod + Thunder Coil

The weapon mods are just for my specific style. I like hand cannons and shotguns. Swap those as you see fit. The 3 Strength Mods give you an extra 30 strength, which makes for 95 for me. Melee is now on a 37 second cooldown. If you can push it to 100, you can make that 32. The other mods were to address deficiencies elsewhere. Depending on your rolls, they may not be needed, or you may wish to swap out something else.

Momentum Transfer reduces your melee cooldown when causing damage with a grenade. Unstoppable Melee staggers enemies without a shield. Traction gives more mobility and a smaller turning circle, but may not be as much of an issue on PC. But then we come to the big boy.

Thunder Coil. This gives bonus damage for all Arc melee abilities, for a 5 second period. This stacks up to 5 times. Wading through a crowd of fodder will let you take out orange bars in one punch, and I'm fairly certain some yellow bars.

Using Code of the Juggernaut (bottom tree Striker) gives you immediate health regen on melee kills, shield breaking or critically wounding an enemy increases melee range and damage. Melee hits also reload your weapon, and increase their stability and damage

There are some other possible interesting looking builds you could take using other exotics (Synthoceps for example), but this is the only one I've tried so far.

Oh, it should also be noted that I've not increased any armour past the 9 I did on my mark. All others are at 6 or 7. If you wanted to spend the materials, you could actually add more/higher power mods.
  • Nice!  Will have a look at building something around this over the weekend.  Love all these crazy seasonal builds that are being created atm.
  • Destiny's Halloween event, Festival of the Lost, kicks off tomorrow after reset (expect downtime and a patch) and is available to everyone providing you've hit 770.  The Haunted Forest activity will return and there'll be a new auto rifle to grind for - the Braytech Werewolf. 

Shadowkeep peeps also get the new Dungeon, and the Xenophage exotic machine gun quest.  Woop!

• Love a seasonal game thing as much as a seasonal food thing.
  • Thanks Dilz I will investigate.

12 quid is fine, I am Forsaken then.
  • Had all but one piece of gear at 950 this evening, with realistically only one more powerful engram accessible before reset.  Just finished the activity and whaddayaknow, the engram dropped exactly what I needed.  

My Warlock's now 950 without the artifact, 962 with.  Will start working on my armour builds and getting a few more weapons infused come reset.  Well, when I'm not grinding the Haunted Forest for the Werewolf.

oDvEoww.png
  • Last time I did festival of the lost there was a guaranteed 600 power auto rifle. Are they doing a guaranteed drop again?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Aye, looks like it. From the TWaB; "After acquiring the fully Masterworked 950 Power weapon, create your own monster with random rolls"

Edit: The Braytech Werewolf that is.
  • Sweeeeet
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I played a bunch of D2 when it launched and I had the fancy edition with some free stuff from the off.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers but does the free version have whatever story dlc Cayde is in?  I remember something ominous about him from a while back but never got around to playing so fancy having a go at that.
    Any hints on what I should be doing?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • It's only now I'm getting to grips with this. Not that I'm good, I'm not. I mean getting to grips with what the hell is going on. It's such a convoluted and confusing framework to push on new Destiny f2players but it handles it admirably by not giving a shit. It knows it's good and it knows if you appreciate it you'll figure it all out eventually. Total freedom to get lost and confused in. 

I appreciate it's probably had a slightly convoluted development path but they're now almost celebrating it with the free version. I don't know how much they spent on the campaigns but it's clearly a lot, and in order for a relative newbie to find them I literally had to wander down some obscure dark corridors on some unused part of the map to talk to someone that hadn't been mentioned to find them, by chance. I thought that was brilliant.
  • Subbax wrote:
    I played a bunch of D2 when it launched and I had the fancy edition with some free stuff from the off.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers but does the free version have whatever story dlc Cayde is in?  I remember something ominous about him from a while back but never got around to playing so fancy having a go at that.
    Any hints on what I should be doing?

Forsaken is the campaign that deals with Cayde. Not included in free version I'm afraid.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Thought so. I've got the everything version coming with Stadia next month so I'll pick it up then.
  • It's on Steam Sale right now if you wanna join the PC boys and girls.
  • Although you might also be talking about the Destiny 1 Taken King?

Edit: Ignore this.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I bought the dlc. Just running the story now. I missed Cayde's humour.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    So after I finish the Forsaken story, what are a few things to do to gear up?

I saw that black armory, that looked interesting.
  • Literally anything will level you up to 900 After that, it's things that give powerful rewards.

The Black Armory stuff is fun, I'm not sure exactly how it works post New Light, but once you've finished Forsaken it's not a bad shout for what to do next.
  • "Gear up" seems to mean different things to different users in this videogame, it's not unbewildering. I've been mostly just trying to get to the 950 cap doing... stuff what'll drop Powerful blobs; I am just about there now.

Yesterday the fates gave me two exotic weps in like 20 minutes, the Lord of Wolves firegun and the Coldheart uh coldgun. Thanks fates, I think.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'll just do stuff in the forgotten shores then.

I assume there's little point keeping anything I have left over? Can I raise their light levels any way?
  • You can, but it's probably not worth keeping much of it. Anything with enhanced perks you might want until you can replace. There are some combinations of perks that are no longer possible, so maybe that, but the rolls for the new stats are dogshit on old armour, so you'll pretty quickly move on.

Guns are guns, so doesn't matter.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I've almost a full vault of shite too so I'll just strip the lot for parts and start fresh.  No point keeping much until close to 900 anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!