Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • They've just nerfed my Jugger class apparently, but I really doubt I'll notice.
  • Aye, fingers crosses it makes a difference in PvP though.  And yeah I abuse the hell out of it when I need to.
  • The Leviathan's Breath exotic quest is live at the Gunsmith for Shadowkeep peeps.  Just had a delightful few mins exploring a certain area with a whole cluster of other Guardians.
  • I had a fair idea of where the entrance would be, but couldnt make the shortcut, so had to go the long way round.
  • I've just found out that Nightmares take 50% less damage from supers.

So when you're doing a Nightmare hunt, don't use Well Of Radiance. Well converts ALL of your weapon damage to super damage, meaning you will do less weapon damage in a Well than out of it.
  • I do not in fact notice.

I do notice I'm at 942 after eyeball top-up though.

Also perusing this DPS spreadsheet now to make some decisions about which tools to actually start keeping and polishing, because I'm apparently in this for a longer haul than I might have expected a month ago, fuck. Pwned.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    A lot of it comes down to preference. Gun saturation is at an all time high, nine out of ten guns I get are deposited in the bank, never to be seen again or dismantled. Exotics are also largely un-inspiring at the moment with only really Outbreak Prime being of note (happy to run through that with you some evening if you want to get it) in my opinion. There are also far too many exotic Hand Cannons, but again - preference.

Personally, I rarely if ever use:

- Sidearms
    - Fusion Rifles
    - Trace Rifles
    - Bows
    - Swords

But you might take a shine to those weapon archetypes. Instead of looking at DPS spreadsheets I'd find what weapon types you like using, then look at optimal versions of that specific weapon type and where you can farm it. Taking into consideration possible rolls and the desired 'God roll' on that item.

At least this is how I organise my time in Destiny. Having these milestones helps focus you.

What type of weapons are you enjoying using?
  • Kinda gotta agree re bothering with spreadsheets.

Especially for pve, you'll lolpwn most things if your light is high enough.

(is it even still called light?)

I try nearly every new weapon I get and go with feel.

Unlike haak, I am not a souless monster, so I freakin love bows and sidearms, however.

(swords are purely for mucking around in pve and wanting to be third person occasionally.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I love fusions. Loooove em. They feel so good.

I haven't bothered looking at 'maining' a weapon yet but now I'm over the 900 mark I guess I should.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I love fusions. Loooove em. They feel so good.

Same. I do love trace rifles as well. Prometheus Lens is a key component in my never ending dodge and knives Hunter build, and Wavesplitter is just fantastic is general play.

Oh, and bows feel great. I wouldn't use them in pinnacle activities, but again, for general gameplay they're a blast.

Shit, there's a few burst/full-auto sidearms I still enjoy using from time to time.

Unless I'm tryharding in a pinnacle activity and need to maximise my DPS, my weapon loadout can vary massively from day to day. So many guns feel so good to use in this game.
  • I started playing fifa heavily again. I'll be back!
  • Based on aforeposted spreadsheet I thought I'd give sidearms a punt since they seemed surprisingly nasty and uhh yeah I'm into this burstfire thing the Smuggler has going on?

Also encountered light.gg today, man that's a lot of fun with APIs huh.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Any tips for crucible?

I have a weekly bounty that has you calibrate weapons in strikes (completed that part) and crucible. So I did the introduction thing and have been playing Control for a bit. It's fun, but apart from the fact my aim is off, I feel weak compared to others. I'm at 866 right now.

Is it better to hold off until my gear is a bit closer to whatever the other players have? I'll keep playing for a bit to see if I can complete that weekly bounty, but wondering if I sold concentrate on an other part of the game now.
    I still have the two shorter campaigns to complete, but not sure if I want to do those right now.
  • I hate to break it to you, but assuming that it's the same as it was, light level doesn't effect pvp (outside of banner.)

The main thing is that there is much more to the meta game. And where different weapon classes are at.

Someone with experience will have to chip in with what's the go at the moment.

• Are sidearms still solid? And is antiope still the smg?

Because I have both rocking.
  • Nina wrote:
    Any tips for crucible?

Just tail anyone on your team that seems to have their shit together and steal their kills when possible.
  • @face You don't see many sidearms in Crucible.  I'm still a big fan of burst fire sidearms for PvE though, especially the Smuggler's Word that Brooks is rocking, but again I don't see many people using them in the endgame. Same thing goes for SMG's in the endgame to a lesser extent despite their capabilities, with a few exceptions including the Recluse, which is God tier for every activity.  It's hard to part with your favourite shotty, I know, I adore my Retold Tale and Mindbender's Ambition.

If you come across the new version of the Antiope's sibling weapon, the Atalanta-D, as a random drop during Forges give it a whirl.  And the Hero's Burden from Iron Banner is a cracking lil SMG for PvP and PvE. There are a couple of new SMG's with Shadowkeep, I haven't really tried them out yet but SMG's in general are doing work.

For Crucible, if you don't have access to a pinnacle gear high meta loadout, you can't really go wrong with a good pulse rifle and shotty.  For general play just run whatever you enjoy the most.  You'll know when you need to switch up for max deeps.
  • Word. Will add those weapon names to the 120 kids names I'm trying to remember, what could go wrong.

Also, as per pc thread, external fan for my laptop has made an awesome difference to d2 performance. Even Cray Cray light shoe public events and strikes are humming along nicely.
  • I find the SMG’s in PVP immense. Doubled with a pulse my favourite combo. The two exotics in particular seem devastating. As soon as I had to use them in the IB quest they stayed equipped throughout.
  • Aye, SMG's are fierce atm.  'Twas Hero's Burden that carried me through IB, with a lil help from my Blast Furnace.  And holy shit do I love The Huckleberry!  Love the reload animation on it as well, not that you ever bloody see it.
  • That’s the one, Huckleberry, 3 stack damage and auto reloads after a kill? Totally forgot about that at first and was running Riskrunner but that did the trick. The IB SMG’s seemed decent but nothing in comparison. Just can’t really find an exotic piece of armour that suits my play style. Think I had the same problem in D2 year one.
  • Sorry missed your invite last night Stormy.

To busy sniping cabal heads with wishender in gambit.

(Still not used Hush.)
    Can-of-sprite
  • It'd be a shame to take it out of the vault and get it all dirty. 

And no worries, was just grinding out bounties.  Need to start popping heads for Leviathan's Breath, it does look very cool.
  • The only exotic I'm actually using much so far (and I don't have a lot) is the Darci, because it's a caricature of a sniper rifle. Took me a bit to trying anything in that space than the Hammerhead since I got that one.
  • I just got Smuggler's Word with Threat Detector and Rampage, oh jeez
  • Such a great but overlooked gun. As is its energy counterpart, Death By Sorn.

I get more of these things drop than any other weapon in the game, save the Duke. I swear the Duke makes up around 87% of all my legendary engrams.
  • Apparently I have 10 Zenobia-D, 9 Dukes, 8 Go Figure, and 7 of several other weapons.

Fucking hoarder.....
    Can-of-sprite
  • You'll likely find you can quickly dismantle a load as they will have trash perks.
  • But but but......what if.....?
    Can-of-sprite

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!