Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I'm sick of deleting stuff becouse Lockers overloaded.
    I thought we were getting bigger Lockers?

See Griff on, shout if you wanna team up for anything pal.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    I hate to break it to you, but assuming that it's the same as it was, light level doesn't effect pvp (outside of banner.)
    Hm, it might actually say that it does place you with players of the same skill level, so you're probably right about level not meaning that much. I was just wondering if my completely random armour stats were working against me, I always feel a bit slow.
    Brooks wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Any tips for crucible?

Just tail anyone on your team that seems to have their shit together and steal their kills when possible.
    I tried this, just follow people and throw grenades when they start to shoot. Got some double kills that way.

I'm also sure I've played with the Smugglers Word in the Red War / some strikes, need to check if I still have a good version of that. I haven't really found any favourite gun type yet, I really like grenade and rocket launchers but I can't do much with them in the Crucible.

I'm running a Ballyhoo MK 27 hand rifle and a Fate Cries Foul sniper rifle now, but I haven't actually tried them yet, was just the highest gear I had after yesterday's matches.

It's still a lot to take in and it's hard to get used to a weapon as new stuff always has better stats.
  • Your armour stats are possibly working against you, although I'm not sure how many people are min maxing just yet. If something specific feels off, it might be worth looking at that. If movement feels slow, try upping mobility.
  • Nina wrote:
    I hate to break it to you, but assuming that it's the same as it was, light level doesn't effect pvp (outside of banner.)
    Hm, it might actually say that it does place you with players of the same skill level, so you're probably right about level not meaning that much.

Like Face says, power levels are standardised in Crucible and offer no advantage whatsoever.  Except for in Iron Banner.   

Matchmaking (or what there is of it) in regular Crucible is all over the place however, so when you have those games where God tier players are stomping all over you and it feels deeply unfair, try not to worry too much.  That's just the Crucible experience.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've only played about 5 games yesterday, and two of them I kept getting killed by the same person over and over, good to hear that's normal. I've absolutely no problem with dying a lot, but seeing the same name pop up every time gets a bit annoying. Still, I think I won most games, and didn't always come last, so I'll take that. It's the first zone capture mode I've played in years, some good Team Fortress 2 memories came back last night.
    Your armour stats are possibly working against you, although I'm not sure how many people are min maxing just yet. If something specific feels off, it might be worth looking at that. If movement feels slow, try upping mobility.
    I only started comparing pieces of armour since yesterday, guess now is a good time to figure this out a bit more.
    Might also need to adjust the controls a little bit.
  • Vendor Engrams once again change the level they drop at. If you've reached 900, it can be worth checking https://vendorengrams.xyz/ to see who is dropping gear at level (High means at level).

A nice way of evening out your level before cashing in engrams.
  • I'm just doing like for like upgrades a fair bit now. If it's same armour. Do a quick comp on perks, and look at the bottom total, as per vids posted earlier. Keep the higher number.

Given energy upgrades that can be changed later. Within reason.

@nina, the other thing about pvp to remember is that it's a lot harder to use stuff like a sniper rifle.

Its a distinct skill to have within pvp, I wouldn't dare use one as I'm cack handed. I go for quick TTK (time to kill) stuff with lot of wriggle room.

Also, lag will be a factor. I assume it's better than it was, but it's still p2p, so especially if you on with UK peeps, or cinty and shabby or some combo, things could get flakey.

I'm a big smg/shotty/fast side arm guy, because I will empty a clip into folks in cqc to make sure I beat them and lag. Shout out to invective.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah, when I played with the Aussie crew I had some impressive lag. Key with that is realising when its happening. Close encounters to be avoided and dont stay in firefights long.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Face, hadn't really thought about lag, my current loadout is purely based on a pcgamer article. I searched for "destiny 2 crucible tips" yesterday, and they had an article up that was only a couple days old. Mentioned to make sure you have two weapons with different ranges in there (shorter and long obviously), and I had a sniper rifle with high stats. 

Can hopefully jump online in a bit, but I fully expect to throw it out after one match, I've never been a fan of snipers, but should at least give it a try I guess.
  • Yeah, long and short range is sound advice, but scout or pulse is plenty long.
  • After enjoying the last Iron Banner so much I think I'm gonna stick to the pulse rifle and SMG combo that carried me through it in PvP for a while, and I've got a bunch of different pairings I wanna try this weekend.

Don't remember the last time I was eager to play Crucible. Hope it lasts.
  • What are your least favourite NPC barks, I think "i won't forget who we've lost. i won't" and "listen up good people of the city" fucking suck and should die.
  • Given the dancing emotes, I don't think it would hurt tonally for there to be a iwhbyd option.

(halo skull which gave alternate vocals to npcs. Some classics)

Also, where is the grunt birthday equiv bungie.
  • "Needless to say, I sent the whole shipment back to Fenchurch"

Or y'know just all of Tess's random lines. Her repeating them every 5 seconds whenever you're in earshot is the worst.

Or y'know just all of Tess's random lines. Her repeating them every 5 seconds whenever you're in earshot is the worst.

I forgive her as she's voiced by Claudia Black.
    Can-of-sprite

I hadn't noticed, Im too distracted by the new setup.
  • Skade wrote:
    "Needless to say, I sent the whole shipment back to Fenchurch" Or y'know just all of Tess's random lines. Her repeating them every 5 seconds whenever you're in earshot is the worst.
    I forgive her as she's voiced by Claudia Black.

Hah I knew I recognised that tone from somewhere.
  • I miss Cayde, leaning on his beam and humming the Oryx Fight Song all nonchalant.

First time that clicked I got shivers.
  • Yeah, fillion sticks out when you do strikes. That dude is made for vo work.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Any tips for crucible?

Play Titan and equip One Eyed Mask.

Can't loose.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Any tips for crucible?

Play Titan and equip One Eyed Mask.

Can't loose.

Dirty!
  • My daughter is now playing this, so good!
  • How had I not seen the dreaming city previously? Had I not progressed that story far enough?

I assume it was part of the same stuff as spider etc?

Either way. Holy shit. What an area to explore.
  • Love The Dreaming City so much.  In Forsaken you access it after the regular campaign, 'twas a dedicated end game area with some very cool activities.  Kinda easy to skip on the Director if you don't know it's there though.  The Blind well is a cool take on horde mode, Ascendant Challenges are brilliant weekly tasks that might require a lil research, and the Shattered Throne dungeon is just epic.  The whole area is in the grip of a three week curse cycle which started when the Last Wish Raid was beat, from pristine beauty to a suffocating Taken presence. We're currently in week 2, the Taken influence is there but not yet all consuming. 

It really is a stunningly beautiful space, and it may just be my favourite location in all of videogamedom.
  • Yeah, the Dreaming City is amazing.
  • And even before the Dreaming City, Destiny has always delivered a level of beauty and wonder in its Sci-Fi worlds beyond anything I've seen elsewhere in videogames.  

That the music is every bit as exquisite as the art direction is almost too much for me to handle.  

I need to shoot something in the face.  Some brilliantly designed alien from a tragic civilisation.  Right in the face.
  • And even before the Dreaming City, Destiny has always delivered a level of beauty and wonder in its Sci-Fi worlds beyond anything I've seen elsewhere in videogames. 

DC reminds me of Darksiders hard. And that is a massive compliment.
  • For those still only doing f2p, this is so worth a purchase. Just fucking wow.
  • Forsaken that is.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!