Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Nina wrote:
    Yeah, that was good fun again. Was looking through the collection / triumph things and there were still 3 Strike scenarios unticked. Not sure if they're Shadowkeep related but there's indeed a lot of different strikes!

Also made some very small progress on the legendary quests you showed me to pick up earlier. Scout and fusion rifle kills.

Nice. There’s one part of the exotic scout quest line that will require you to use the MIDA smg to get airborne kills or something like that. If you stand on a rock and kill people that should work - it’s far easier than actual jump kills.

Don’t know if they “fixed” it, but I hope they didn’t.
  • A good day of Destiny - got Sealed Ahamkara Grasps, Oxygen SR3, Monte Carlo and Leviathans Breath.

The grasps I’m not that bothered about but the middle 2...tasty.

Monte won’t be huge use to my Hunter setup, and I know it’s great for titans, which I don’t like. But I imagine it’ll still be a good weapon for a Devour warlock.
  • Aye, I swap Monte between my Striker Titan and Devour Warlock and it's bloody fantastic. 600rpm auto Rifles are great in Shadowkeep but Monte is something else. It feels so good to use even disregarding the crazy fast melee recharge, it's surprisingly stable and the Markov Chain perk is basically Swashbuckler.

My favourite auto rifle by a long way.
  • Monte could be very useful to solar Hunters next season for those throwing knife recharges.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Pair Monte with Peregrine Greaves and you have a flying knee that does at least as much damage as most Supers in one hit, pretty much all the time.
  • Is that a crayon eater build?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If by crayon eater you mean more fun than flinging my own shit at the walls yeh
  • Tbf Im one shotting yellow bars without Monte Carlo.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    If by crayon eater you mean more fun than flinging my own shit at the walls yeh

Classic. :D

Anyone about for a dungeon or menagerie or nightfall or something?
  • I'm on, just grinding out solar kills in strikes.
  • I can be on after I make a brew.
    Yous still about?
  • Season pass done so time to pass weapons over and start collecting from it on hunter and warlock
  • Thanks to Zinthos and Dante for the new dungeon clear, and also for helping me get the exotic quest step done.

Sorry I had to run off at the end - getting later here and have stuff to do before bed.

Was good fun.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Monte Carlo sounds fun, is that a drop or quest?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Yar - got it from the Xur rando drop.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Oh I didn't think you could get Y3 stuff off Xur yet. I need Monte to try it with Warlock Sunbracers.
  • Why haven't I tried Sunbracers + Monte yet? That sounds broken as hell.

Got mine from a season pass engram. Didn't know Xur had current stuff either so haven't been picking up that weekly engram.
  • Hmmm, may have been from my season pass engrams then - popped that around the same time as Xur.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Rats, I've only got to 20 on the season pass.

Got a few catalysts, Riskrunner, Polaris, and Graviton Lance.  Have you lot just been using it exclusively until it upgrades?  I figure that the easiest way to do it. Still chasing the Ace of Spades and the Armory box thing.
  • Some of them have areas where you can shortcut. Think I did Polaris on Leviathan where you can get enemies respawn forever and take a nice high spot for safety. Others, yeah, use it to grind out the catalyst and switch when I get bored.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Cool I've got a quest to kill watchers in the Leviathan so I'll see if I can grind Polaris there.  Is there anything as obvious as a list of stuff/exotics I should get?

Willing to bet 90% is just personal preference but there's a lot to take in for a returning Y1 noob.

Edit - e.g. I still get confused why some stuff in my collection can't be retrieved when other stuff I got in Y1 can.  Is it just that random stat stuff can't get out? So is any of the new armour/guns random rolls?  If I trash those because I've got no space, can I get them back?
  • Using that gun when weapons don't matter, or when I specifically need to use a weapon of that type for a quest is how I go about it. I'm not going to nerf myself in high level activities, but running a strike, sure I'll use that exotic.
  • Well that sucks. Do I lose all progress on season pass when a new season begins? Not gonna bother then.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Well that sucks. Do I lose all progress on season pass when a new season begins? Not gonna bother then.

You lose progress on seasonal quests and items, but most progress will stay the same.
  • Subbax wrote:
    Edit - e.g. I still get confused why some stuff in my collection can't be retrieved when other stuff I got in Y1 can.  Is it just that random stat stuff can't get out? So is any of the new armour/guns random rolls?  If I trash those because I've got no space, can I get them back?

Exactly that, you can't get random rolled stuff back from your Collections so your vault is gonna get very crowded. Y1 items and Exotics should be fine to reclaim though.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Are the season related quests worth doing? I got two going for Crucible and Strikes I think. Thought I only needed two crucible wins to get that quest done, but after getting those it seems that was just a step. Next step has a streak thing requirement and I don't think I want to bother with that, unless it's worth it. From what I can see know it's just a shader and banner as reward?

If they're not worth it I rather focus on the campaign stuff I got to do.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    My mate jogonson is going to put a request into the clan, if he can be accepted please :)

Think he's now put his request in.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Nina wrote:
    Are the season related quests worth doing? I got two going for Crucible and Strikes I think. Thought I only needed two crucible wins to get that quest done, but after getting those it seems that was just a step. Next step has a streak thing requirement and I don't think I want to bother with that, unless it's worth it. From what I can see know it's just a shader and banner as reward? If they're not worth it I rather focus on the campaign stuff I got to do.

There's some great weapons you can get from them - Oxygen SR3 and Wendigo are both really solid and both from quest grind. There's other famous ones like Recluse. These take some grind and may not be doable at the end of a season unless there's an event or activity that can quickly chuck out certain types of kills / streaks / XP and valour bonuses. So, start early and hit it through the season.

If it's just shaders? Well, do you want the shaders? If no, I think you could safely toss it aside.

tl;dr - if it's a weapon or something, you may want it. Weigh up the grind and start at the beginning of a season.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Typed up that question a bit to quick before going to bed (I got the challenge finished that we worked on this weekend!). Guess my main question was if you know if there's gonna be a next quest step.

I thought I would finish the season 8 crucible related quest once I've had the last two wins, I already completed the other two requirements. But then a new quest step showed up, with a different shader and banner in the rewards. Was wondering if there might be new steps that lead to something different than a shader (and yes I would like the crucible red shader but I'm nowhere good enough to get 5 streaks, those two wins yesterday were very last minute and could go either way).

I've seen the wendigo quest, and I'm pretty sure those requirements are filling up at a very slow pace.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!