Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It helps too Brooks that you're new to Destiny. Most of us have been following this up and down trend for years now. Personally, I've not yet uninstalled but I have no desire to play the game in it's current state. There is no doubting the gameplay is second to none however the entire point of the game for me is moot. Growing in power means nothing, new weapons are pointless - I've been using the same weapons for years now. Weapon investment needs to be a thing again. They had this idea more or less nailed in Destiny year 1 with weapons growing more powerful and unlocking upgrades as you used them. 

... I'd half a mind to go into a lot of detail there, like I've done before but you now what I can't be arsed. I don't think this game really deserves it any more. The community has been giving feedback for years and yet here we are, again, treading old ground. 

Destiny, and the team at large really need to put to action the sentiments present in Luke Smith's recent Director's Cut - sooner rather than later.
  • It sounds like a lot of people are fairly disgruntled with it. Hopefully that will trigger some big changes. I'm always interested in dipping my toes back in even though I never reached max level at any time.
  • Bung are now set to nerf reload perks because [answers on a fucking postcard].
  • I mean, they tell you why in the TWAB.

We’ve observed that players lean towards picking perks that increase their damage (e.g. Kill Clip) or reduce weapon downtime (e.g. Outlaw). 

The damage perks were adjusted quite a while back, but reload perks still don’t feel like choices. This tuning pass aims to keep them feeling powerful without being so dominant that no other choices seem viable. 
    I doubt this will do much though, because there is a reason that damage and reload perks are dominent. They are the most easilly observable perks in action. Your top end guys who are min/maxing might fuck about with other perks, but everyone else needs to be able to feel the perk.

Some are playstyle dependent as well. I'm not going to take Firmly Planted on any gun ever.
  • Well, no one is. And making the best perks less attractive isn't going to help. Other choices aren't viable because of the wider game design.

It's like the sniper nerf the other week - hmm, lots of people using snipes, must be overtuned? Nope, all your endgame content encounter design basically only happens/works at long range, duhhhh.

To make playing the encounter in spite of these structural realities possible, you have to massively buff the equipment that doesn't fit the prescription. They aren't doing this, so wtf.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    This is the same design team (probably?) that decided to move all special weapons to the power slot, almost killing the franchise and then being applauded for breathing life back in when they reverted it a year later.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I mean they mention Drop Mag having no major downsides except the fact you can't reload half a mag without wasting half a mag. I can only imagine they mean "in PvP" where primary ammo isn't a consideration.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I mean they mention Drop Mag having no major downsides except the fact you can't reload half a mag without wasting half a mag. I can only imagine they mean "in PvP" where primary ammo isn't a consideration.

I mean, it's barely a consideration in PvE.
  • New season due in a day and fuck all in the way of pre-release material. I genuinely appreciate this.
  • Brooks, it is most probably going to involve shooting all the enemies you shot before.
  • Nevertheless
  • Well, that was more info than I expected.  Best get that download going.

Edit: Worried about the DCV though.  Will look into it.
  • Someone mentioned something beautiful area recently the most beautiful, can’t remember who it was, where was it again?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dreaming City probably.
  • Yep! Which expansion is that in?

I’ve not played ANY of the DLC.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Aye, the Dreaming City, from the Forsaken campaign. 

Best to experience its introduction through the actual campaign rather than just load straight in like you can these days, if you have the time and desire to get back into the game that is. The area itself is a thing of beauty but there's so much more beyond the surface that made it and Forsaken so special. The Corrupted strike, the Ascendant Challenges, the Shattered Throne dungeon, the Last Wish raid and fucking Riven, the weekly curse cycle. The whole thing is just stunning.
  • From Bungie.net

"Unvaulting starts in D2 Year 4, with the Cosmodrome coming back, as well as its three strikes and the return of the Vault of Glass raid.
    The primary D2 content leaving the game and going into the DCV this fall are the destinations – Mars, Io, Titan, Mercury and Leviathan – and their supported activities."

I mean, I expected a destination to go, but fuck me.
  • Christ they're getting rid of all of them??? Cosmodrome actually might be enough to drag me back to this again, but I doubt it'll be for long if we're still murdering the same old enemies...
  • Aye, love the Cosmodrome but I'd love a new enemy race more.
  • Wait they're doing what?
  • I actually feel a little bit sick
  • Savathun's Song, gone.  The fucking Whisper Mission!  No way they're gonna delete that, right?
  • The Destiny Content Vault:

"Content that goes into the Destiny Content Vault may return in the future, altered (if necessary) to fit the new state of the universe. Furthermore, we consider all Destiny 1 and 2 destinations and activities part of the new DCV and we’re going to be pulling from that archive – revisiting some of the most interesting places in Destiny’s history – from now onwards. It’s why the original Destiny 1 Raid – the Vault of Glass – will be returning to Destiny 2 in Year 4."
  • Just looked it up.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49189

Basically they will be taking stuff out of the game, which will cycle back in at some point, including all Destiny 1 content.

I'm not particuarly a fan of this idea.
  • I'm just going to ignore all that shit for a couple days but losing level design is a big fucking no-no for me.
  • That's their whole concept; the game right now is too big and unwieldy.  So content in terms of areas will be cycled out and 'frozen' so they could bring them back in the future.

So this September, we lose Io, Mars, Titan, Mercury and the Leviathan, along with all their activities (including the Leviathan raid, Eater of Worlds, Crown of Sorrows, Spire of Stars, and the Menagerie).  I guess the Whisper is gone, and I suspect Crown of Sorrows too, even though it's technically on Earth.  

So from September, your director will look like this:

Screenshot_2020-06-09_at_17.53.11.png

... and you'll have the Cosmodrome, Europa, Nessus (yay at least we keep fucking Exodus Crash), EDZ (less Scourge, possibly without forges too?), Moon, Dreaming City, and Tangled Shore.

So there'll be 3 raids available.  The new one, Last Wish, and Garden of Salvation.  Cosmodrome will be a bit basic, but by later in year 4 it'll be back to normal, bringing the Sepiks, Omnigul and SABER strikes with is, and the Vault of Glass will be back.
  • From what I took from it, it means that in a year, they might decide to bin off Nessus, and re-introduce Mars, and bin the Dreaming City, but bring back something of comparable size like the Leviathan.  

So nothing's going "forever," but it won't be accessible, it won't be updated, and it won't influence the live game.
  • Some of you punks need to play PC D2 with me btw.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!